Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    In MLB, your teams ace can have many games where he goes 7 innings, starts to screw up, leaves the team with a lead after he limited the opponent. Relief pitcher(s) come in, and if saved for the victory, stud ace is still considered an ace.

Furthermore, it's not only acceptable that he loses 25% of the time, it's more or less expected. Consider a starter who goes 18-6 with a 3.25 era. Those are considered pretty stud numbers for any team. Certainly for a mediocre team that suck ass supports him (see Angels and Weaver).

So in football, we have Tony Romo. He can play very well for three quarters and the 'Bois have a large lead, then take sucking ass to new lower levels.

Why not have a relief QB?
    Any reason it can and does work in MLB but cannot and will not work in NFL?

The Man Who Kicks Things Kirk Nowitzki's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As dumb an idea as this is, I'll field it anyway.

There's not much similarity between a pitcher and a quarterback other than they both throw the ball in their sports. I'm not going to waste time looking up numbers but I'm sure most good starting pitchers probably average 90 or more pitches per game. In football, 40 pass attempts in a game is considered a lot. They throw it a lot more in the NFL now than they ever have, so you see 50, 60 attempts in a game sometimes if a team can't run the ball for , but 40 is probably the average for a team that throws a lot. So 40 pass attempts vs 90 pitches, less than half for the quarterback. Given this information alone I'm going to say if you can't stay in an NFL game and attempt 40 passes, you probably shouldn't be in the NFL.

As for a relief QB, not every team is going to have two decent QBs. Some teams don't even have one decent QB. So pretty much what would happen in most "relief QB" scenarios is the defense would just blitz while staying in man-to-man with safety help forcing him into a stupid throw and probable interception. Unless the other team fields their relief defense, then it might actually work.

A better idea would be having a "between the 20s" QB and a red zone "QB," with your between the 20s guy being the "laser rocket arm" type and your red zone guy being the high accuracy type. But even this is pretty stupid because the QB position is about reading defenses and adapting to them so you wouldn't want two people playing QB on the same drive in the NFL.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

why does everyone think my idea sucks?

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    You play your best man all throughout the game til he breaks down and cant play anymore.
    If Im a coach, I will only sub in a backup if he has the same skill and talent level as my starting qb.

Kirk Nowitski is my everyone.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ing dumbass idea

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

NT? more like SO i said
    Post Count

what the ?

Take Romo out with a 17 point lead? I'd rather leave him in and lose.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Kitna is better than Romo!

Tbh this idea doesn't surprise me coming from the who is obsessed with Simpsons, nicknames, and is a chubby chaser. You still dating that whale?

Agree Kitna is not the answer. But how many times over the years have we seen starter go down with injury and back up comes in and does fine. In some cases 'Bowling. Altho with Romos suckage even Kitna could of and most likely would of finished the game with a win. **cks sake all he had to do was not turn the ball over.

Otherwise none of you have addressed the op as to why it would not work.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Agree Kitna is not the answer. But how many times over the years have we seen starter go down with injury and back up comes in and does fine. In some cases 'Bowling. Altho with Romos suckage even Kitna could of and most likely would of finished the game with a win. **cks sake all he had to do was not turn the ball over.
    you are the dumbest poster on this board.

Otherwise none of you have addressed the op as to why it would not work.
    Kirk laid it out pretty well.

you are the dumbest poster on this board.

Kirk laid it out pretty well.
    "Because a qwawrterback thrwows the ball 40 times a game and a pitcher thwrows maybe 90."

Good enough to convince you.

Nevermind the myriad of other things a QB has to do besides throw the ball for 40Xs a game. You and Kirk are probably the same Mul roll.

Tbh I've seen kirks gf on fb and she isn't the fatass bull that your girl is. Honestly, what would you rate her? Step up your game...that is low

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    "Because a qwawrterback thrwows the ball 40 times a game and a pitcher thwrows maybe 90."

Good enough to convince you.
    yes, good enough for me.

Nevermind the myriad of other things a QB has to do besides throw the ball for 40Xs a game. You and Kirk are probably the same Mul roll.
    Nevermind the fact that two QB systems have never worked in college, pro or high school.

You are stupid.

yes, good enough for me.

Nevermind the fact that two QB systems have never worked in college, pro or high school.
    Bob Griese handing the ball to Earl Morral for 8 games, Morral handing it back as the Dolphins went 16-0. You are a dumb !

Jim Plunkett considered washed up and traded from the Pattycakes to the Raiders. Starter gets hurt, Plunkett comes in and the Raiders 'Bowl in 1981. You are a dumb !

Drew Bledsoe had taken the Pattycakes to the Bowl and lost, but was going at it again. Got injured, your idol Tom Doll comes in and gets his first rigged le in the Raider fix. You are a dumb !

Phillip Rivers blows out his knee in a comeback vs Indy at Indy in the playoffs. Billy Volek comes in and closes out the 4th with a touchdown drive that gives the Chargers the playoff win. You are a dumb !

I could go on and on. Now as to a continual, every single game two QB system no i don't think that would work either. As to a relief QB for crack ups like Romo, you have NO proof it would not work.

We have proof that you have TERRIBLE taste in women.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    saying "your idol Tom Doll" to Blake.

Anyone who thinks my clever nicknames and Ralphie pictures aren't funny has to be a Patriots fan!!!

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Now as to a continual, every single game two QB system no i don't think that would work either.
    nice job of ting on your own thread.

nice job of ting on your own thread.
    weak twist.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    you're just stupid.

you're just stupid.
    Never suggested two quarterbacks to switch off the entire game. Topic was for a late inning reliever when starter is known to play well but give games away late.

You're just frustrated.

You mad you have a ugly fatass gf? Is that why you jack off to Ralph?

Thread Information