Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just seeing what people's experiences are if they've done this. the Epic 4G Touch (galaxy s2) is $99 on there and I want to get it. I'm imagining that I'd have to send this back to Amazon or whatever company that will do customer service/support when I have problems with my phone. There goes the convenience. I have a problem paying $199 for a phone that's been out a while(in Europe). Also, I'll be a new Sprint customer so I don't know if that'll stink things up. Just want to see what all happens whenever I dont buy a phone through a carrier. Any info would be helpful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've bought from Amazon before. Are you buying this with a Sprint plan?
    If you're buying it with a plan, Sprint should be able to service the phone for you if something happens.

I believe they send you the phone at that price, and you have to activate it with Sprint within a certain amount of time (30 days?), or your card gets billed for the full device price (whatever the penalty is, should say there). After that, it's a Sprint phone. Anything happens to it, you can take it to any Sprint shop and they should take care of it.

We ordered from Amazon a few years back and it was a VZW plan, but I doubt it's much different. Everything should be there on the fine print.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll definitely be buying it with a plan.

I ask this because a few months back when the Atrix came out, I went to an AT&T store and the guy basically told me that they(AT&T) couldn't help me with any repairs on the phone if I ever had any problems. I don't know if that's AT&T's policy or every carrier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll definitely be buying it with a plan.

I ask this because a few months back when the Atrix came out, I went to an AT&T store and the guy basically told me that they(AT&T) couldn't help me with any repairs on the phone if I ever had any problems. I don't know if that's AT&T's policy or every carrier.
    Head to a Sprint store and find out. We personally have not had problems with VZW recognizing the phone as theirs. I mean, the freaking phone should have the carrier logo on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I plan on going over there and the phone does have a carrier logo on it. I just figured that there's a reason why you have to search for a better price on the phone especially when it's half off what's offered at the Sprint store.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I plan on going over there and the phone does have a carrier logo on it. I just figured that there's a reason why you have to search for a better price on the phone especially when it's half off what's offered at the Sprint store.
    Is it a refurbished phone, maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Brand spankin' new.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you buying direct through Amazon Wireless or through Amazon and a 3rd party? Sprint should service your phone at a Sprint store as long as its in warranty regardless of where you bought it from. I would have no apprehension with buying DIRECTLY from Amazon but I probably would not buy from an affiliate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a link I copy-pasted from my phone. Don't know if it'll direct you to a non-mobile site. I just saw here that this phone isn't available through the mobile site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should have no problems going through Amazon Wireless directly. I've never done it but I buy so much crap from Amazon its ridiculous and I've never had a bad experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read the FAQ and it looks like I have to send it to amazon to have it serviced. Gonna see if I can get the Sprint salesman to budge on the price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sucks. I doubt a dealer will match the price. good luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow thats surprising but its a good thing you caught it beforehand. ty. 99 bucks is a great price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I doubt he'll budge on the price. Who knows. I'll give it a shot. If not, I'll just have to weigh my options.

Thread Information