Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rangers in 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that makes me nervous about this series is that the Rangers seem to be running into that same kinda "storybook ending" team in the WS as they did LAST year w/ SF.

Just once, I'd like for them to play a team that was "supposed to be there", w/o some kinda bull "magical run" to get them there.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    St. Louis winning a le recently probably helps Texas in a small way. Not saying the Cards won't be motivated to win it all, but Texas has gotta be the hungrier team, right?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Dirk passing his winning touch to the Rangers. Cards = fcked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers in 5 or 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers in 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers Cruz in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers Cruz in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cards should pitch to cruz like rays did
    however if they pitch to him like tigers watch out
    10.5 games out cards were aug 25
    they are HOT
    I like the nl better then the al but I can not believe texas has never won a le
    so I would be happy with texas winning

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    As hot as the Cardinals have been, I just have a hard time believing they can pull the San Francisco magic that happened last year, especially with their lack of pitching.

Detroit is as good or a better hitting squad than St. Louis, and is a considerably better pitching squad, and Texas was able to handle them. IMO Texas has to have another complete hitting implosion like they did in the last world series for them to lose this. If their bats continue to show up, their pitching will be good enough to win the series.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    cards should pitch to cruz like rays did
    however if they pitch to him like tigers watch out
    I've never seen such cerebral baseball analysis in all my life!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dirk passing his winning touch to the Rangers. Cards = fcked
    Ha! Love that .

Hoping Rangers in 5, though 6 is more likely. I'd just like to see TEX pull it off AT The Ballpark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    St. Louis winning a le recently probably helps Texas in a small way. Not saying the Cards won't be motivated to win it all, but Texas has gotta be the hungrier team, right?
    Good point. Unfortunately, my baseball trivia doesn't go back much further than last season's playoff run.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    time to give thought to lineup and rotation

Obviously simply move Young to 1b when playing at St. Louis. Beats the out of Vladdy playing OF last year, ROFL.

Pitching rotation, I say CJ, Harrison, Colby, Holland. I don't want to see Holland out there more than once in the series, and if it went to a game 7, I would feel pretty good running Colby out there.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not necessarily, tbh. The Cards were 10.5 games out in late August. Since then they've been running on pure adrenaline and motivation. In the NLCS it seemed they ran out of gas because none of their pitchers could make it to the 6th inning.

Their bullpen beasted against a dangerous Brew-Crew lineup. Texas has better bats for sure, but I also wouldn't count on St. Louis' starting pitching to suck that bad for two straight series. If anything, they are well-rested. Also, winning last night ensured that Carp would be on the mound for Game 1.

Texas will be plenty motivated, but the Cards are on a historic run and so will they.

The Man Who Kicks Things Kirk Nowitzki's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not necessarily, tbh. The Cards were 10.5 games out in late August. Since then they've been running on pure adrenaline and motivation. In the NLCS it seemed they ran out of gas because none of their pitchers could make it to the 6th inning.

Their bullpen beasted against a dangerous Brew-Crew lineup. Texas has better bats for sure, but I also wouldn't count on St. Louis' starting pitching to suck that bad for two straight series. If anything, they are well-rested. Also, winning last night ensured that Carp would be on the mound for Game 1.
    tbh you could say the same about rangers starting pitching, they're due to turn in a solid performance as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention TEX got there last year, and fell short. I'd be surprised if they weren't frothing at the ing mouth (with apologies to Wash, who can't help it) for the opportunity to actually finish this thing off the RIGHT way this time 'round.

It's like Dirk walking off the floor of the WCF last year. They're not done.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Obviously simply move Young to 1b when playing at St. Louis. Beats the out of Vladdy playing OF last year, ROFL.
    yeah our lineup won't skip a beat with this move. with the way Moreland has been hitting, CJ Wilson might be a better option at this point anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers in 3

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yeah our lineup won't skip a beat with this move. with the way Moreland has been hitting, CJ Wilson might be a better option at this point anyway
    Son Moreland better not play 1 minute this series....he is worthless

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm anxious to see how many times amarelooms is going to whine in this series for Michael Young to bunt.

The Man Who Kicks Things Kirk Nowitzki's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm anxious to see how many times amarelooms is going to whine in this series for Michael Young to bunt.
    Does it even matter? Amarelooms may as well be an invisible account. No one cares what he has to say and he changes teams more than Ghazi. I take the mookie crew denying their drug habits more seriously than Amarelooms.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i just think hes funny

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Son if we are down a run with a man on 2nd and no outs in late innings....I DON"T GIVE A WHO IS AT BAT...YOU GOTTA BUNT HIM TO 3rd.

Washington never seems to make his hitters bunt runners over... er has been lucky to not lose a big game cause of it. You are damn right I'll be commenting on it son

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Does it even matter? Amarelooms may as well be an invisible account. No one cares what he has to say and he changes teams more than Ghazi. I take the mookie crew denying their drug habits more seriously than Amarelooms.
    You are an 85 post-count dummy son...no one cares....now off

Thread Information