Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what are we mad about? That between 1971 and 2015 10% more adults in the US began earning more than what is considered "Middle Income?" What did you expect with more people attending college?

1971 - 23% below middle income, 62% middle income, 15% above middle income
    2015 - 26% below middle income, 49% middle income, 25% above middle income
    The increasing concentration of income and wealth in the uppermost percentile.

Economic growth has been increasingly less distributed and more concentrated.

Not sure why this is difficult.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The increasing concentration of income and wealth in the uppermost percentile.

Economic growth has been increasingly less distributed and more concentrated.

Not sure why this is difficult.
    his own stats prove there is a problem of worsening inequality

This is HARD!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How The Ruling Class Implements It’s Agenda w/Danny Haiphong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Staggering' New Data Shows Income of Top 1% Has Grown 100 Times Faster Than Bottom 50% Since 1970

"The bulk of a generation of economic growth has been captured and concentrated in a few hands,

and many people have barely seen any of it."

the three richest Americans hold more wealth than the 160 million people who make up the bottom 50% of the population.

Washington Post
    columnist Greg Sargent
    published what he called "stunning" findings from Stanford University economist Gabriel Zucman, showing how both an explosion in annual earnings by the rich and an increasingly regressive tax structure have combined to allow the top 1% of Americans' wealth to triple over the past five decades.

Meanwhile, working people are taking home just $8,000 more per year than they did in 1970.

In what Sargent called "the triumph of the rich, which is one of the defining stories of our time," the richer a household is, the more its take-home wealth has grown in the past 50 years.

Greg Sargent
    ✔@ThePlumLineGS

New data:

For top 1%, average income has risen by $800,000 since 1970.

For top 0.1%, it has risen by $4 million.

For top .01%, it has risen $20 million.

Bottom 50%? $8,000.

All this is *after taxes and transfers.*

Great work from
    @gabriel_zucman:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/09/massive-triumph-rich-illustrated-by-stunning-new-data/ …

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/09/staggering-new-data-shows-income-top-1-has-grown-100-times-faster-bottom-50-1970?cd-origin=rss

Thread Information