The next Assassin Creed
    GTA 5

Positives: I'm almost done with Arkham Asylum and Infamous

But seriously, who has the time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure as isn't me.

People in the "good PC for gaming" thread talking about how most FPS can be finished in one sitting.....riiiiiiight. I can't remember the last time I was able to sit in the same spot for anything but work for 6+ hours. I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 hours to play video games, and that happens like once or twice a week.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one game to get. not enough time to play

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

will easily last me until ME3 and Bioshock 3, wasted about 200 hours on Oblivion without ever even getting the expansion, wasted about 100 on Fallout 3.
    those Bethesda games, you get your money's worth

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're more interested in GTA5 than Skyrim? Seriously? After seeing how much of a turd GTA4 was, while Oblivion was one of the largest games ever made with tons of great action, a top-notch storyline and jaw-dropping (for 06 at least) graphics and sound? I wouldn't call Oblivion a perfect game since the Oblivion gates got a little boring after closing a couple of them, but every other quest in that game was a perfect 10. I can't wait to see how Skyrim builds on that formula with the dragon battles and the skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're more interested in GTA5 than Skyrim? Seriously? After seeing how much of a turd GTA4 was, while Oblivion was one of the largest games ever made with tons of great action, a top-notch storyline and jaw-dropping (for 06 at least) graphics and sound? I wouldn't call Oblivion a perfect game since the Oblivion gates got a little boring after closing a couple of them, but every other quest in that game was a perfect 10. I can't wait to see how Skyrim builds on that formula with the dragon battles and the skills.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who found closing Oblivion Gates like doing laundry.

Enter gate. Go invisible. Run to end and close the gate. Repeat 16 times.

They should've put some dispellers or a boss that forces you to fight it or SOMETHING at the end of the gates to e things up a bit.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Uncharted 3 tomorrow no? I'm putting that $50 gift card to good use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're more interested in GTA5 than Skyrim? Seriously?
    The dude has MW3 on his list...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't expecting to get BF3 but I was able to get it by trading in some old ty games and getting some game stop bonus specials. Picking up UC3 tomorrow though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who found closing Oblivion Gates like doing laundry.

Enter gate. Go invisible. Run to end and close the gate. Repeat 16 times.

They should've put some dispellers or a boss that forces you to fight it or SOMETHING at the end of the gates to e things up a bit.
    Going invisible just ruins the game IMO. It was one of the first things I did after completing the Mages' Guild quest and being able to enchant my armor with chameleon. After 5 minutes that got boring as . The really fun "cheat" in the game is to train acrobatics to 250+50 points for the boots of springheel jack (so you're at 300 acrobatics) and then do athletics as far as you can with the remaining levels.

For me the Oblivion gate plan is to run to the sigil stone, save the game, and keep reloading until I get a stone I like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going invisible just ruins the game IMO. It was one of the first things I did after completing the Mages' Guild quest and being able to enchant my armor with chameleon. After 5 minutes that got boring as . The really fun "cheat" in the game is to train acrobatics to 250+50 points for the boots of springheel jack (so you're at 300 acrobatics) and then do athletics as far as you can with the remaining levels.

For me the Oblivion gate plan is to run to the sigil stone, save the game, and keep reloading until I get a stone I like.
    Pretty much; way too powerful. Hopefully in Skyrim they find a way to temper that, by making it consume way more mana or making creatures that can still detect you or something. The fact that you can fully replenish mana before your invisibility wears off makes you next to invincible; at that point it basically becomes a matter of what battles you choose to fight. I try to use it as little as possible now, but ignoring it is like having the RCP-90 in Goldeneye and not blastin' fools with it.

I'll have to try out that Acrobatics trick, if for no other reason than something else to do in that game until I pick up Skyrim.
    Last edited by Dex; 11-01-2011 at 02:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between work and family I am lucky to game one hour a day. Or do what ever I have to do and spread my free time around and play 5...6 hours once a week.... sacrafice the hour a day of course.

The last game I was able to play for several hours a day was black ops earlier this year when I was unemployed for about 2 months

I don't mind playing or buying games late for campaign levels and such ,but if I wanna play online I try to pick up the game ASAP. I hate going in months late and every one is a pro but me....dam kids and their trash talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude that is so true. This is the first FPS I got at launch and I'm actually holding my own online early. Its refreshing.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Dude that is so true. This is the first FPS I got at launch and I'm actually holding my own online early. Its refreshing.
    PC or console?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    console. I'll take the loss in graphics and control (since FPS aren't my favorite type of game anyway) for the far cheaper price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much; way too powerful. Hopefully in Skyrim they find a way to temper that, by making it consume way more mana or making creatures that can still detect you or something. The fact that you can fully replenish mana before your invisibility wears off makes you next to invincible; at that point it basically becomes a matter of what battles you choose to fight. I try to use it as little as possible now, but ignoring it is like having the RCP-90 in Goldeneye and not blastin' fools with it.

I'll have to try out that Acrobatics trick, if for no other reason than something else to do in that game until I pick up Skyrim.
    The way to do it is this (acrobatics cannot be a major skill for your character):

1) Do not wear the Boots of Springheel Jack when doing the Thieves Guild quest where you steal the elder scroll. If your acrobatics is high enough you can make that big jump and live without them. If your acrobatics isn't high, then get arrested after stealing the scroll. You'll still have it and the boots afterwards.

2) Complete the Mages' Guild questline so you can make spells. Make a spell that drains your acrobatics skill by 100 for a second or two. Then cast that spell when getting acrobatics training so you can fortify acrobatics to 200.

3) Put on the boots and now your acrobatics is 250.

4) Create a +100 fortify acrobatics spell.

5) Enchant 5 pieces of armor, rings, necklaces, etc with it so you get +10 on each piece. That gets you to 300.

An unpatched game you can get acrobatics so high that you die when you hit the ground, but 300 seems to be the limit on the XBox360 with the patches (and you definitely want the patches since an unpatched Oblivion crashes like on the 360).

The 300 acrobatics is pretty fun to use. You can go jump up on a city wall and start a riot by picking guards off with a bow-and-arrow and then having your allies in town fight them to the death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of your allies fighting until death when a guard hits you, I hope they change it in Skyrim so that your allies to surrender if you do. I hate when I forget to take off the Gray Fox's mask and go into town, and then half the city gets killed when the guards attack me.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    console. I'll take the loss in graphics and control (since FPS aren't my favorite type of game anyway) for the far cheaper price.
    Cool.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Picked up Uncharted 3, probably won't play till the weekend though. Started up work again and I'm tired as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get jobs you ing bums

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get jobs you ing bums

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I have picked up Uncharted 3, Goldeneye Reloaded, Gears 3, Battlefield 3, Arkham City, Dead Rising Case Zero, Dead Island, Dark Souls, and Rage in the last couple of months. I'm also slated to get Skyrum, Saints Row 3, and MW3.

Personally of all the games that I have bought I could of been happy with just getting Uncharted 3 and Gears 3.. Of the ones I plan on getting still I think Skrum and MW3 are going to be the other two that I would of been happy just getting if I was limited on time and budget (I work third so there isn't much more to do than game when I get off in the morning).

BTW All of those that I bought I would recremend (shocking how fun Goldeneye Reloaded is) other than Rage.. that is the only "regret buy" I have.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    .. forgot Halo Ann. as well.. need to get that. Then I'll spend the rest of the year trying to play all of these (only picking up Mass Effect 3 for the next year)

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    BTW.. love Uncharted 3 but god I hate the ps3 controller.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Skyrim, Zelda, The Old Republic for me

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I swear I have zero interest in the new zelda only because of motion controls.

Thread Information