Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm an apologist for the product because I've had plenty of experience with both, and genuinely feel like one is much better than the other. And so do the majority of consumers, apparently.

But I'm betting that you are one of those who insist people just like paying more for the pretty Apple on the back.
    I don't insist anything of the sort. I see people pretending Apple is infallible, like God it out one day and said "here's the answer".

When they have faults, the faults get ignored because people are already pot committed, and unlike most other products, you become part of the "crowd" that comprises the Apple consumers.

I've never seen anyone with a "PC" or "Android" logo on their green Volkswagen.

Apple reminds me of the book "Animal Farm" because they started out "different" and were just chugging along ignoring the PC world, Windows and the like. They had their following of people who knew the story and stuck with them regardless of the fact there was almost no apps for Mac back then compared to PC.

Fast forward to today, Apple is a mega-giant and they are overcharging the out of their "loyal" customers while basically regulating them into the ing ground and delivering basic with pretty wrappers. People go out and "jail break" these things which amounts to making them useful.

So, load of money for limited or broken apps, and the users brag about how much money Apple makes.

Sounds like Microsoft many years ago.
    Last edited by DMC; 11-04-2011 at 11:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't insist anything of the sort. I see people pretending Apple is infallible, like God it out one day and said "here's the answer".

When they have faults, the faults get ignored because people are already pot committed, and unlike most other products, you become part of the "crowd" that comprises the Apple consumers.

Apple reminds me of the book "Animal Farm" because they started out "different" and were just chugging along ignoring the PC world, Windows and the like. They had their following of people who knew the story and stuck with them regardless of the fact there was almost no apps for Mac back then compared to PC.

Fast forward to today, Apple is a mega-giant and they are overcharging the out of their "loyal" customers while basically regulating them into the ing ground and delivering basic with pretty wrappers. People go out and "jail break" these things which amounts to making them useful.

So, load of money for limited or broken apps, and the users brag about how much money Apple makes.

At iPhone being a " " product because it's had a few isolated problems in its innovative and massively successful lifespan. And you don't have to jailbreak an iPhone to make it useful; it actually usually makes them run worse. People jailbreak them because they are too cheap to a) pay for a plan, b) buy apps, or c) want to run that they probably don't really need in the first place. If you don't understand why a better product costs more money, then I'm not here to teach you basic economics.

This is exactly why it's useless to hash out this argument which has been done ten thousand times before this.

What you see as an inferior product, I see as a superior one. Despite the several reasons that I've already stated why I think that way, you'll still accuse me of doing so just because I'm being 'elitist' or whatever. So lets just agree to disagree, and you can go on hating just for the sake of hating.
    Last edited by Dex; 11-04-2011 at 11:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At iPhone being a " " product because it's had a few isolated problems in its innovative and massively successful lifespan. And you don't have to jailbreak an iPhone to make it useful; it actually usually makes them run worse. People jailbreak them because they are too cheap to a) pay for a plan, b) buy apps, or c) want to run that they probably don't really need in the first place. If you don't understand why a better product costs more money, then I'm not here to teach you basic economics.
    That's just it, you shouldn't have to buy the ing apps. You paid out the ass for a phone and now you have to buy the apps.

"probably don't need..." People need Iphones.

No wonder Apple has you by the short and curlies.

This is exactly why it's useless to hash out this argument which has been done ten thousand times before this.
    Yet here you are.
    What you see as an inferior product, I see as a superior one. Despite the several reasons that I've already stated why I think that way, you'll still accuse me of doing so just because I'm being 'elitist' or whatever. So lets just agree to disagree, and you can go on hating just for the sake of hating.
    I've not made any such accusation. Victim much?

Just don't click on a thread that says LOL Iphone 4 and you will be fine. Were you drawn here by Jobs' ghost?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just it, you shouldn't have to buy the ing apps. You paid out the ass for a phone and now you have to buy the apps.
    You have to buy apps on Android, too. Unless you root it, which is the same thing as jailbreaking, which you've already claimed you shouldn't need to do.

"probably don't need..." People need Iphones.
    People don't need cell phones period, but if they buy one, there are certain expectations of what it should be able to do...i.e. make calls, store contacts, track calendars, access Maps, etc....iPhones can do all of that (and I'd argue better than any other phone) right out of the box.

I've not made any such accusation. Victim much?
    No, you're just abusing the use of quotation marks and making comparisons to Animal Farm which make no sense. WTF do iPhones have to do with the Stalin era?

Just don't click on a thread that says LOL Iphone 4 and you will be fine.
    Now you're starting to make some sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've had my 4S for 4 days. Battery life seems to be alright.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Apple's phone prices are not exorbitant, they are in line with every other wireless handset maker - whether or not all phone handset software is overpriced is another matter entirely. I guess you are talking about their computers, but if you build a similar top of the line laptop or PC from any other manufacturer the prices aren't all that different. FYI Apple includes stickers with all of their products - I imagine if Google did that with Android handsets (and the manufacturers agreed to put them in packaging) you would see the same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocking as it may be to many people on this forum, I think Apple has been taking steps in the right direction with their products lately. I think they're a very good company and the iPhone is pretty awesome -- just that Android is better and a lot more flexible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dex, you have a ty phone. Thats not android. Its YOUR TY PHONE. Jesus you've cried about this for months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dex, you have a ty phone. Thats not android. Its YOUR TY PHONE. Jesus you've cried about this for months.
    they need to quit putting android on ty phones then!

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it's Google's fault that their operating system doesn't work on his ty phone. At least, that's what Hater would say if he hated Android.

Fact is this, products don't come out perfect. But if it can be fixed with a simple update, then no problem.

Now, as for the whole paying for apps thing, it's the companies that charge for apps. They spend a lot of time and effort on their apps (partially to meet Apple's standards so you can blame Apple for that) and they feel they should get paid so they charge. Don't see what the big deal is. Android has apps you pay for and even Cydia has some apps that charge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you buy the phone if it was advertised as having problems?

Me: No.

Consumers are so quick to forgive these things just so they can be part of the Apple crowd.

Sure all phones have issues, but Apple users are notorious for distinguishing their products as being more reliable, overall better.

If it's a toss up, I see no reason to pick Apple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fact is this, products don't come out perfect. But if it can be fixed with a simple update, then no problem.
    My issue with Apple isn't that they have problems. It's that when they do have problems they tend to deny the problems exist in the first place, then somewhere down the road they fix them. Only when it's prolific and obvious will they step up and admit their mistakes.

Now, as for the whole paying for apps thing, it's the companies that charge for apps. They spend a lot of time and effort on their apps (partially to meet Apple's standards so you can blame Apple for that) and they feel they should get paid so they charge. Don't see what the big deal is. Android has apps you pay for and even Cydia has some apps that charge.
    Really ing bizarre that people are downtalking Apple for charging for their apps. Google is pretty unique in that they offer most of their services for free. I don't think any other company could emulate that with the kind of success they've had. That's more a reflection of how remarkable the rise of a search engine to a massive global company has been rather than a negative reflection of Apple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you buy the phone if it was advertised as having problems?

Me: No.

Consumers are so quick to forgive these things just so they can be part of the Apple crowd.

Sure all phones have issues, but Apple users are notorious for distinguishing their products as being more reliable, overall better.

If it's a toss up, I see no reason to pick Apple.
    But this is baloney. Apple is held to a higher standard because they a) charge you more because you're getting a high quality product and b) they take pride on being able to charge more for a quality product.

tbqh, most every iPhone 4 has the 'antenna-gate' "problem" and they sell great because the "problem" really isn't such. Apple is simply held to a much higher standard than the compe ion and certain people (lol hater) can't wait for them to screw up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But this is baloney. Apple is held to a higher standard because they a) charge you more because you're getting a high quality product and b) they take pride on being able to charge more for a quality product.

tbqh, most every iPhone 4 has the 'antenna-gate' "problem" and they sell great because the "problem" really isn't such. Apple is simply held to a much higher standard than the compe ion and certain people (lol hater) can't wait for them to screw up.
    So back to what I was saying....

If it's a toss up, meaning both platforms have issues, then I see no reason to choose Apple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with Apple isn't that they have problems. It's that when they do have problems they tend to deny the problems exist in the first place, then somewhere down the road they fix them. Only when it's prolific and obvious will they step up and admit their mistakes.
    It's called liability. Microsoft will rarely, if ever, acknowldge a problem, and there's been instances where they didn't even bother to produce a fix for years.

Fact is, if it's such a detrimental problem, people would steer away from the devices. But they don't because they're still quality products.

Really ing bizarre that people are downtalking Apple for charging for their apps. Google is pretty unique in that they offer most of their services for free. I don't think any other company could emulate that with the kind of success they've had. That's more a reflection of how remarkable the rise of a search engine to a massive global company has been rather than a negative reflection of Apple.
    Google is simply a different company, and thus they don't care about an actual ecosystem like Apple. For Apple, the focus has to be on the experience that both the combination of software and hardware deliver. Google simply doesn't care. They just want traffic to their services to feed the advertising machine. They're two very different companies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So back to what I was saying....

If it's a toss up, meaning both platforms have issues, then I see no reason to choose Apple.
    That's your choice. Respectable, as any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Google is simply a different company, and thus they don't care about an actual ecosystem like Apple. For Apple, the focus has to be on the experience that both the combination of software and hardware deliver. Google simply doesn't care. They just want traffic to their services to feed the advertising machine. They're two very different companies.
    You really think you can make a blanket statement like, "Google doesn't care"? Really? One of the most carefully crafted public images in the history of business doesn't care about it's product or end-user experience? Have you been following the updates to Android lately? It's all about streamlining the OS and making it a smoother system to use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think you can make a blanket statement like, "Google doesn't care"? Really? One of the most carefully crafted public images in the history of business doesn't care about it's product or end-user experience? Have you been following the updates to Android lately? It's all about streamlining the OS and making it a smoother system to use.
    You're talking about something completely different. You're talking about the underlying technology. If they cared about the experience, or the image reflected from that, they wouldn't let carriers cripple the of Android, or transform it in ways that barely resembles whatever Google wants the Android experience to be like (which anybody would have a hard time explaining, because Google themselves haven't really set forth what they want that to be).

The incentive for Google with Android has little to do with the user experience. Obviously, it can't completely suck in order to be compe ive (that said, being free for carriers is probably compe ive enough). But it has everything to do with having a foothold on every mobile device by means of including their mainstream services (search/maps/gmail/etc) on it.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure Google is much more worried about the growth of Bing right now that any compe ion with Apple from an OS standpoint. That's where they make their money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate my ty phone.

I'll be glad when I can switch to iPhone and about its problems.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol apple making its phone do a little more then surfing the net and making calls and it hits the ter.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so my homegirl bought a S2, 3 weeks ago...i saw her last night and she previously had a iphone. I looked at her s2 and it was pretty plain...i spent 20 mins customizing widgets, adding one touch calling etc. When she got it back she was amazed, she literally ed at seeing the awesomeness i did to her s2. Sucks that iphone fanboys will never experience such bliss. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so my homegirl bought a S2, 3 weeks ago...i saw her last night and she previously had a iphone. I looked at her s2 and it was pretty plain...i spent 20 mins customizing widgets, adding one touch calling etc. When she got it back she was amazed, she literally ed at seeing the awesomeness i did to her s2. Sucks that iphone fanboys will never experience such bliss. Lol
    sounds like a homeboy if it ed son

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    sounds like a homeboy if it ed son
    Did you just admit on the net that you have never made a girl ?

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you just admit on the net that you have never made a girl ?
    Sorry, but he's right. Sounds like a dude to me. I think you meant squirt, but you emphasized . Definitely a dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that's a direction I never expected this thread to go...

Thread Information