My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/03/tech/m...ne-4s-battery/

But.. but... they are problem free!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beta iOS 5.0.1 was seeded today addressing this issue... Haven't installed it yet though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't experiences any of those issues on my 4

Lol 4S
    Last edited by lefty; 11-03-2011 at 10:26 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Article is for iPhone 4S.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL stock still up $50 in the last quarter year
    LOL Apple surpassing Exxon Mobil as the most valuable US firm
    LOL more cash reserves than the US treasury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL stock still up $50 in the last quarter year
    LOL Apple surpassing Exxon Mobil as the most valuable US firm
    LOL more cash reserves than the US treasury
    "lol Apple having more of our money that anyone else.. and the phone is broken... lol I feel great about my purchase"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or they'll fix it with an update, and people will have to start grasping at new reasons to hate.

Besides, it's better than ty Droid updates which stop your phone from charging at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or they'll fix it with an update, and people will have to start grasping at new reasons to hate.

Besides, it's better than ty Droid updates which stop your phone from charging at all.
    So the broken phone has an advantage that it will someday be fixed and people will have to look elsewhere to find things to hate.

I still wouldn't invest in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the broken phone has an advantage that it will someday be fixed and people will have to look elsewhere to find things to hate.

I still wouldn't invest in that.
    But you'll continue to start flaming threads about the best product of its kind on the market (and still the innovator which every other copycat device tries to be) due to a resolvable software issue. Fixate much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And before you accuse me of being a fanboy, I don't even own an iPhone. I have an Android, which ty software (ironically) just crashed on me again.

Pretty bad when an iPod is more capable than a smartphone.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Which version of Android are you running? I've had my rooted 'droid for a couple of weeks and have yet to have it crashed. My jailbroken iPhones actually crashed more frequently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Steve Jobs drops dead and Apple goes to the ter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw my girl ordered an Iphone 4S 3 weeks ago. Still nothing and nobody knows where her order is

she'll probably get hers in January

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple has yet to release an official statement on the iPhone 4S battery drain

LOL typical

Update: Apple: “A small number of customers have reported lower-than-expected battery life on iOS 5 devices. We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life, and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.”

Last edited by hater; 11-04-2011 at 09:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple has yet to release an official statement on the iPhone 4S battery drain

LOL typical

Update: Apple: “A small number of customers have reported lower-than-expected battery life on iOS 5 devices. We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life, and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.”

I am sorry, but I don't know why you emboldened the part that you did. It seems pretty on par with a rushed update (yes, even for android).

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw my girl ordered an Iphone 4S 3 weeks ago. Still nothing and nobody knows where her order is

she'll probably get hers in January

do you have a web order number?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which version of Android are you running? I've had my rooted 'droid for a couple of weeks and have yet to have it crashed. My jailbroken iPhones actually crashed more frequently.
    I'm on Froyo right now. I updated my last phone to Gingerbread, and it wouldn't recognize the charger anymore so I couldn't charge it. Sprint replaced the phone with one that was still on Froyo, and they've since pulled the Gingerbread update because it was bricking phones (like mine).

As for hater's comment on "a few weeks"....that buggy Droid update was rolled out on 9/14, and they still haven't released a fix or patch for those affected. The best they can tell you do to is take it to a service center where they will try to restore the device, then replace it if that doesn't work. And I'd say low battery life is small potatoes as opposed to not being able to charge your phone at all.

The Android software is okay, but it hangs/freezes pretty regularly when I'm trying to switch between functions, and occasionally just shuts itself off and won't turn back on until I pull the battery and reseat it. This happened with the old device, too.

And I can still find more to do (and what I do seems to work better) on my iPod Touch than on my Droid. Surfing the web, calendars, contacts, ToDos, maps, music, videos....all of those are easier and more functional on my iPod. Now that Sprint finally is carrying iPhones, I'll be switching on my next contract so I don't have to carry two devices around anymore.

As for rooted/jailbroken software.....you can pretty much expect that to be buggy. Everytime I jailbreak my devices, they work fine at first, but then slowly get worse and worse, so I've just stopped doing it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've got the 4s and have had no problems with the battery. Sucks for ppl that do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you'll continue to start flaming threads about the best product of its kind on the market (and still the innovator which every other copycat device tries to be) due to a resolvable software issue. Fixate much?
    And you will continue being an apologist for a product just because you feel pot committed.

Many things are resolvable. Most aren't refundable however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you will continue being an apologist for a product just because you feel pot committed.

Many things are resolvable. Most aren't refundable however.
    No, I'm an apologist for the product because I've had plenty of experience with both, and genuinely feel like one is much better than the other. And so do the majority of consumers, apparently.

But I'm betting that you are one of those who insist people just like paying more for the pretty Apple on the back.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    As for rooted/jailbroken software.....you can pretty much expect that to be buggy. Everytime I jailbreak my devices, they work fine at first, but then slowly get worse and worse, so I've just stopped doing it.
    This is probably why I'm liking Android more than iOS. Having my iPhone jailbroken was a prerequisite for me, as the amount of useful tools you could grab dwarf what is regulated by Apple. And I personally hate being told what I can or cannot put on a phone I ing bought, or that it's even "illegal", when it's not. Really, it made sense for me to go with an OD that almost gives my the same functionality stock than iOS does jailbroken.

The problem with Android is likely in part from the different manufacturers putting their carriers putting their UIs and carrier putting their bloatware on top of Android which just complicates updates. I'm hoping this might get better with ICS. But I'm guessing your bricking issue can't be any more common as the iPhone 4 "death grip" or the problem with 4s stated in the OP's article - not a good reason to on all iPhones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably why I'm liking Android more than iOS. Having my iPhone jailbroken was a prerequisite for me, as the amount of useful tools you could grab dwarf what is regulated by Apple. And I personally hate being told what I can or cannot put on a phone I ing bought, or that it's even "illegal", when it's not. Really, it made sense for me to go with an OD that almost gives my the same functionality stock than iOS does jailbroken.

The problem with Android is likely in part from the different manufacturers putting their carriers putting their UIs and carrier putting their bloatware on top of Android which just complicates updates. I'm hoping this might get better with ICS. But I'm guessing your bricking issue can't be any more common as the iPhone 4 "death grip" or the problem with 4s stated in the OP's article - not a good reason to on all iPhones.
    Yeah, I agree that if you pay for the device, you should be able to put whatever you want on it. I just also think that if you are going to change the software provided by the manufacturer / carrier, you've got to to accept the negative side effects that come with it, or at least you can't blame them for it. All they did was give us the hardware. And I don't think anyone ever said it's "illegal" to jailbreak your phone....just don't expect the OEM to support it if you aren't running the OEM's software.

That's what annoys me so much about my Droid problems. I haven't rooted it, I don't even download not approved apps, and the thing still acts a'fool.

But yeah, all devices and software are gonna have their fair share of bugs, especially in alpha stages, otherwise there would be no such thing as technical support. I'd like for the OP to dig up some articles or statements where Apple (or any manufacturer, for that matter) stated "no one will ever have any problems with this device, EVER!"
    Last edited by Dex; 11-04-2011 at 07:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprises here.

Thread Information