Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Here, we will host Android vs. iOS arguments.

Please present your arguments in as minimally biased manner as possible, and please be respectful to your opponents.

Now, all involved parties, please fairly present the pros and cons that you are able to note of each OS, so we can come to a final conclusion, and officially settle the debate as to which OS is truly superior.

GO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or you could click on one of the other 6 Apple vs Android threads on the front page alone.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    but this keeps it from being spread into 6 threads, and puts it all on the table into one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to agree with Dex

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from a guy that said this

sounds like you just dont know how to use your phone

piss off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sup stretch

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Hi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe sticky didn't work...why would this.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the debate in a nuts .

iOS- Pros- Stable and works with devices (except in Hater's situation, but that was user error.) Cons- Not customizable without a jailbreak.

Android- Pros- Customizable out of the box. Cons- Doesn't always work with all devices, manufacturers add too much bloatware with their own UIs and carriers add on top of that.

That's pretty much it. Others will elaborate and go on and on, but at the core, that's the debate.

/thread

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except in Hater's situation, but that was user error

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both suck

Windows NT for the win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the debate in a nuts .

iOS- Pros- Stable and works with devices (except in Hater's situation, but that was user error.) Cons- Not customizable without a jailbreak.

Android- Pros- Customizable out of the box. Cons- Doesn't always work with all devices, manufacturers add too much bloatware with their own UIs and carriers add on top of that.

That's pretty much it. Others will elaborate and go on and on, but at the core, that's the debate.

/thread
    Yeah, the iPhone only has ONE con. Roflstomp.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the iPhone only has ONE con. Roflstomp.
    I didn't say it had 1 con, I said that was the core of the debate. Android has more than 2 but I only listed 2 because again, the core of the debate. Anything anyone ever says about the phones, good or bad, has the points I listed at its core.

Go look again at every single iOS or Android thread and see what they like and don't like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIM or Web OS tbh. Windows Phone 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say it had 1 con, I said that was the core of the debate. Android has more than 2 but I only listed 2 because again, the core of the debate. Anything anyone ever says about the phones, good or bad, has the points I listed at its core.

Go look again at every single iOS or Android thread and see what they like and don't like.
    No. It's not. But good try anyway.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is like the evo and apple debate last year.

Same nerds talking about the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fanboys might want to spin it all they want

but truth is DING DONG STEVE JOBS IS DEAD

Windows 8 coming out with a vengeance, will overtake tablet market. Yeah girls and ladyboys will still buy iphones and ipads. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fanboys might want to spin it all they want

but truth is DING DONG STEVE JOBS IS DEAD

Windows 8 coming out with a vengeance, will overtake tablet market. Yeah girls and ladyboys will still have iphones and ipads. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    i'm betting that windows 8 and Android fight with each other for sales while the iPad continues to cruise along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except in Hater's situation, but that was user error.
    incorrect, the system prompted and recommended me to update my iOS. then my iphone became useless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm betting that windows 8 and Android fight with each other for sales while the iPad continues to cruise along.
    disagree, the tablet market has dissapointed both Google and Apple. They expected to be selling a lot more.

IMO cause their software still feels unfinished. It's good enough for a phone, but not a tablet.

what is the major complaint when ipad came out that made Steve Jobs go full EMO (it's a big iphone) he thought "slap my phone OS on it and ge good to go" no, no, no

Microsoft looks like they are actually gonna sell a complete package next year, especially since HTML5 will be official.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree, the tablet market has dissapointed both Google and Apple. They expected to be selling a lot more.

IMO cause their software still feels unfinished. It's good enough for a phone, but not a tablet. Microsoft looks like they are actually gonna sell a complete package next year, especially since HTML5 will be official.
    I can see that, but Apple is still selling a lot of iPads, and no one else is really moving tablets at the moment. I wonder if tablet prices may start being affected by the Thailand flooding. HDD prices are insane right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here you go:
    Steve going full EMO

Steve Jobs was “depressed and annoyed” following bevy of iPad complaints

By John Hiesler:
    Though the iPad has quickly ushered in a new era of tablet computing, its initial introduction didn’t capture the imagination of the public in the same way that the iPhone struck a chord with consumers the instant they saw in action.
    Commenting on this in the newly released Steve Jobs biography, Walter Isaacson relays that Jobs was personally saddened by the relatively lukewarm response following his iPad unveiling in early 2010. While premature tech proclamations tend to disappear with time, especially when they’re way off base, you might remember that initial reaction to the iPad was something along the lines of “And this is a big deal because why?”

Indeed, many were quick to dismiss it as an oversized iPod Touch
    and some even went so far as to proclaim that Apple had lost its mojo.
    Reading through Jobs’ biography, it’s apparent that among other personality traits, Jobs was an emotional man who wore his heart on his sleeve - for better or worse.

So in light of the lukewarm response that followed Steve Jobs’ iPad introduction, the Apple co-founder confided in Isaacson on the evening of the iPad launch that he was annoyed and depressed as a result. What’s more, Jobs said he received around 800 emails the day he announced the iPad, with most of them being negative critiques about Apple’s latest device.

There’s no USB cord! There’s no this, no that. Some of them are like, ‘F**k you, how can you do that?’ I don’t usually write people back, but I replied, ‘Your parents would be so proud of how you turned out.’ And some don’t like the iPad name, and on and on.

“I Kind of got depressed today,” Jobs recounted. “It knocks you back a bit.”
    Apple and Jobs would of course go on to have the last laugh. Apple to date has sold millions upon millions of iPads and at one point was even struggling to manufacture enough units to meet insatiable demand. During the most recent quarter, Apple shipped 11.12 million iPads which translates to about 120,000 units per day.
    Not too bad for a device that many deemed dead-on-arrival not too long ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here you go:
    Steve going full EMO

Steve Jobs was “depressed and annoyed” following bevy of iPad complaints

By John Hiesler:
    Though the iPad has quickly ushered in a new era of tablet computing, its initial introduction didn’t capture the imagination of the public in the same way that the iPhone struck a chord with consumers the instant they saw in action.
    Commenting on this in the newly released Steve Jobs biography, Walter Isaacson relays that Jobs was personally saddened by the relatively lukewarm response following his iPad unveiling in early 2010. While premature tech proclamations tend to disappear with time, especially when they’re way off base, you might remember that initial reaction to the iPad was something along the lines of “And this is a big deal because why?”
    Indeed, many were quick to dismiss it as an oversized iPod Touch
    and some even went so far as to proclaim that Apple had lost its mojo.
    Reading through Jobs’ biography, it’s apparent that among other personality traits, Jobs was an emotional man who wore his heart on his sleeve - for better or worse.
    So in light of the lukewarm response that followed Steve Jobs’ iPad introduction, the Apple co-founder confided in Isaacson on the evening of the iPad launch that he was annoyed and depressed as a result. What’s more, Jobs said he received around 800 emails the day he announced the iPad, with most of them being negative critiques about Apple’s latest device.
    There’s no USB cord! There’s no this, no that. Some of them are like, ‘F**k you, how can you do that?’ I don’t usually write people back, but I replied, ‘Your parents would be so proud of how you turned out.’ And some don’t like the iPad name, and on and on.
    “I Kind of got depressed today,” Jobs recounted. “It knocks you back a bit.”
    Apple and Jobs would of course go on to have the last laugh. Apple to date has sold millions upon millions of iPads and at one point was even struggling to manufacture enough units to meet insatiable demand. During the most recent quarter, Apple shipped 11.12 million iPads which translates to about 120,000 units per day.
    Not too bad for a device that many deemed dead-on-arrival not too long ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?

Thread Information