Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floyd is an easy guy to hate, so I can see why he gets bashed by the media and fans. But the claims of him being afraid is absurd. That fight will happen some day, but Floyd and Arum are going to have to agree to split the pie fairly. Both fighters have nowhere else to go but down. Manny a fourth fight with JM, and Floyd a rematch with Ortiz. Floyd aint getting a 65/35 split. Manny is just as big a draw. I think 55/45 with the winner taking the lions share is fair. Manny is on record saying hed do a winner take all. Of course, Arum wont agree to that. Imagine the hype behind that promotion.
    What about Martinez, Khan?

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    holy ..floyd fights like once a year with plenty of people to fight against in the past 5 years. He fights the likes of Otriz, Marquez, Hatton, Mosely and DLH and you guys are all like "see, i told you he was ducking". Give me a ing break. I dont like what Arum is doing this time around, but dont try to convince us that you Floyd doesnt duck people when his ing resume says it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Martinez, Khan?
    None of these fighters will take on these two. Especially Mayweather.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who did he duck? Mosley refused to fight Floyd from 2000-2006. Why, because he was promoted by Arum. It was Oscar that basically forced Shane to fight Floyd under the Golden Boy banner. Cotto? He's another fighter thats basically owned by Arum. Margarito is also another fighter owned by Arum. Do your homework on this. I think it was like three years ago after Manny destroyed Oscar, Floyd was trying to get a fight with Manny. Arum refused to make a deal because he believes that it was Oscar and Schafer that leaked the rumors about Manny using drugs. Arum is on record claiming he didnt want to do business with those "bums." So Floyd flies down to Miami to see if he can get Don King to co-promote a fight between him and Manny. Arum said he would welcome that idea but instead he allowed Manny to fight Margarito and Cotto, then Mosely. And Mosely had to leave Goldenboy just to make that fight happen. Meanwhile, hes in the media calling Floyd a chicken, and hes ducking Manny. If Floyd went to Arum and allowed him to promote the fight for both he and Manny, the fight would happen. This is the only hold up. The fighters arent afraid of each other. They want to fight, but Arum is a s bag and using the media to play games.
    Just curious. Why are you such a Floyd fan?

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not called "fairweather" for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they pursue the Pac-JMM 4 fight instead of Pacman-Mayweather then I will not invest my time and emotion in boxing anymore. This sucker Arum is ing up everything right now.
    Give us fans what we want and lets get this series of fights between mayweather and pacman rolling while they're still in their primes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo, we dont have to blame one fighter only.

Its obvious that Mayweather was ducking pacquiao and when pac was demolishing fighters.

and based on this article, it's gonna be pacquaio ducking mayweather from this point on, based on his recent performances.

Who agrees with me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo, we dont have to blame one fighter only.

Its obvious that Mayweather was ducking pacquiao and when pac was demolishing fighters.

and based on this article, it's gonna be pacquaio ducking mayweather from this point on, based on his recent performances.

Who agrees with me?
    Fairweather's recent performances are nothing to write home about either.

Both are getting to the washed up level. Time to look for new blood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Khan is under the Top Rank Banner. No way Arum gives him that fight over Manny. Khan is still working his way up through the ranks. No need to rush him. The Martinez fight would draw money but it would be a boring fight to watch. Martinez is a Roy Jones carbon copy and they would both waste the night trying to pot shot each other. Martinez should try and revenge that loss he had with Margarito after Margarito beats Cotto again. Martinez started his career late and is already 35. He still looks great for his age though. His last fight was at 160, he should move up to 168 and go after guys like Ward, Direll, and Froch.
    I agree the fight might be boring because of their styles but name wise Martinez is the biggest fight Floyd can make after Pacquiao, besides a victory over Martinez would do wonders to Floyd's resume.

Martinez is too small to go 168, in fact I'd say he's more of a 154er than a middleweight, and given than the bigger names are at 154 (or lower) I think it should be a no brainer for him to go down instead of up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pacman has been anihilating every single opponent for half a decade, while Mayweather has been ducking most contenders and going the distance with scrubs.

Naruto fan talking about boxing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the last half decade Pacman has been immensely better than Fairweather. He's not only fought more than double the fighters, he has gone up in weight at least 3 times.

Let's take a look:
    Pacman:
    2011 Shane Mosley - UD
    2010 Antonio Margarito - UD
    2010 Joshua Clottey - UD
    2009 Miguel Ángel Cotto - KO 12
    2009 Ricky Hatton - KO 2
    2008 Oscar De La Hoya - KO 8
    2008 David Díaz - KO 9
    2008 Juan Manuel Márquez - SD
    2007 Marco Antonio Barrera - UD
    2007 Jorge Solís - KO 8
    2006 Érik Morales - KO 3
    2006 Óscar Larios - UD
    2006 Érik Morales - KO 10

Fairweather:
    2010 Mosley - UD
    2009 Marquez - UD
    2007 Hatton - KO
    2007 De La Hoya - SD
    2006 Baldomir - UD
    2006 Judah - UD

not only has Pacman fought and beat the best fighters of the time. He has not dodged anyone.

I don't count the last fight for either fighter cause IMO both fighters are reaching washed up status.

Fairweather has fought 1 mexican fighter in the last 9 years

how can you even claim to have a boxing career

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The stupidity hurts my brain.

Take a look at Maywethers featherweight and Lightweight career.

Mayweather has been around longer than half a decade.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In the last half decade Pacman has been immensely better than Fairweather. He's not only fought more than double the fighters, he has gone up in weight at least 3 times.

Let's take a look:
    Pacman:
    2011 Shane Mosley - UD
    2010 Antonio Margarito - UD
    2010 Joshua Clottey - UD
    2009 Miguel Ángel Cotto - KO 12
    2009 Ricky Hatton - KO 2
    2008 Oscar De La Hoya - KO 8
    2008 David Díaz - KO 9
    2008 Juan Manuel Márquez - SD
    2007 Marco Antonio Barrera - UD
    2007 Jorge Solís - KO 8
    2006 Érik Morales - KO 3
    2006 Óscar Larios - UD
    2006 Érik Morales - KO 10

Fairweather:
    2010 Mosley - UD
    2009 Marquez - UD
    2007 Hatton - KO
    2007 De La Hoya - SD
    2006 Baldomir - UD
    2006 Judah - UD

not only has Pacman fought and beat the best fighters of the time. He has not dodged anyone.

I don't count the last fight for either fighter cause IMO both fighters are reaching washed up status.

Fairweather has fought 1 mexican fighter in the last 9 years

how can you even claim to have a boxing career
    Thats why i never understand why anyone can be a fan of Mayweather. Yes, he might be good, but he hasnt proved it enough. Come on now...1 fight every year and a half against these guys? If i was a mayweather fan, i'd be very disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stupidity hurts my brain.

Take a look at Maywethers featherweight and Lightweight career.

Mayweather has been around longer than half a decade.
    well nobody will remember that dark age of lightweight boxing.

Pacman and the mexican warriors(barrera, morales, marquez) made lightweight boxing relevant. Deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, Morales beat the guy like a savage. He was given a draw against Marquez. And Floyd has beat the living dog out of the top four guys on Manny's resume. So I guess Oscar is not Mexican.
    The sooner you deal with the fact that you're just another Naruto fan living in the Manny Pacquiao era, the better.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    well nobody will remember that dark age of lightweight boxing.

Pacman and the mexican warriors(barrera, morales, marquez) made lightweight boxing relevant. Deal with it.
    You're clueless bro. Did you just start watching boxing in 2006?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this was the UFC this in fight would have been made like 4 years ago.. This whole scenario is a complete joke..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Barrera and Morales dominated the featherweight and super featherweight divisions not lightweight. Marquez did as well he only recently in the tail end of his career move up to lightweight where he cleaned house. Manny's only fight at lightweight was vs that bum David Diaz. And for the 3rd marquez fight he made him move up 2 weight divisions.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ahh so Mayweather is currently the top fighter when he hasnt done in 6 years. ok, that logic makes sense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They dont go back that far. The wars he had with Castillo. How he dominated Diego Corrales. Pitched a shut out against Gatti. Manny was still frying rice part time while Floyd was putting in work during those days.
    Yah that was Floyds era, this is mannys.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pacquiao is not ready

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pacquiao is not ready

is he? or isnt he?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    is he? or isnt he?
    Didn't you say he's not ready for Mayweather?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Didn't you say he's not ready for Mayweather?
    after this fight, probably not. your point?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How is that a lame excuse if me and you know that he isn't ready. Again I think your letting your hate for pacman cloud your judgement. Would you rather have Top Rank make up some bull reason?

Thread Information