Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bradley has no power, though...and he wasn't even landing clean punches. after the 6th round bradley was throwing haymakers and missing. canelo was going to get beat by floyd because canelo is still young and raw and floyd is the GOAT. he was going to lose no matter what. he has a lot to learn but once he gets more experience against top tier fighters, everything will work itself out for him.
    All i know is that Manny is willing to fight any fighter out there and Mayweahter is a pussy..

Real fighters look for good compe ion..Gayweather is not one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bradley has no power, though...and he wasn't even landing clean punches. after the 6th round bradley was throwing haymakers and missing. canelo was going to get beat by floyd because canelo is still young and raw and floyd is the GOAT. he was going to lose no matter what. he has a lot to learn but once he gets more experience against top tier fighters, everything will work itself out for him.
    I'm sorry but Bradley was landing clean hard shots throughout the fight. Yes he missed a ton and was swinging for the fences, but he still landed quite a few hard clean shots in the later rounds. To totally act like those were just pillow punches is stupid.

I understand you want to do everything you can to discredit Manny, but you sound just like the Manny stan who refuses to give PBF any credit. I have said plenty of times that May is the best fighter out there, period, and he would beat Manny. But to brush off Manny like you do is ridiculous.

If Bradley has no KO power, and Manny walked right through them, how would he fair against May who also has no KO (which you've admitted) power, when he has proven he will keep coming at you? Thats what everyone wants to find out.
    Last edited by UZER; 04-16-2014 at 12:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm actually a boxing fan and manny is one of my favorite fighters. i don't discredit him and i never have. me pointing out his flaws at this stage of his career is common among most boxing fans. we all see that manny isn't the same fighter he once was.

in regards to this: If Bradley has no KO power, and Manny walked right through them, how would he fair against May who also has no KO (which you've admitted) power, when he has proven he will keep coming at you? Thats what everyone wants to find out.

really? are you really trying to compare peanut head bradley to money may??? floyd would never have fought a stupid fight like bradley did in the first place. floyd is older than manny and still dominates his opponents, while manny has been struggling ever since he got called out about the ped usage. it is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No im not comparing Bradley to May, c'mon man. Dont purposely play that dumb game.

And yes, I can see that Manny isn't the same fighter. Only absolute homers won't admit that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Manny should've been 2-0 against Bradley. I know he's a good fighter but he just can't go toe-to-toe with Pac in the boxing ring... and Pac is, what, 35? This fight wouldn't have happened if Pac was in his prime.

I wouldn't want to think about a Pac-Mayweather fight right now because Mayweather pulls too many for the fight not to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

http://www.boxingscene.com/report-mi...a-court--76750

Report: Mikey Garcia Sues Top Rank in California Court

by David P. Greisman

Junior lightweight leholder Mikey Garcia has filed a lawsuit against promoter Top Rank in a California court, alleging violations of the Muhammad Ali Act and seeking to break free from his contract with the company, according to a copy of the lawsuit obtained by BadCulture.net.

The lawsuit alleges that Garcia’s contract “improperly provides Top Rank the ability to extend the agreement indefinitely, essentially rendering the contracting fighter an indentured servant of Top Rank.” The filing claims that the contract violates California law. It also claims that the promoter has also violated the United States’ Muhammad Ali Act for multiple reasons, including “by failing to make required disclosures to Garcia concerning, among other things, the amount of money it would make from each of Garcia’s bouts.”

The lawsuit was filed April 8 in Riverside Superior Court. Online court records show the case as being open, with a case management conference hearing scheduled for Oct. 6.

Garcia, who also previously held a world le at featherweight, last fought in January, outpointing Juan Carlos Burgos and moving to 34-0 with 28 KOs. A proposed fight with Yuriorkis Gamboa did not come to fruition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ARUM'S MAYWEATHER TIRADES ARE GETTING OLD

By Lyle Fitzsimmons

Bob Arum is better at promoting fights than I am at anything I’ve ever tried.

He’s got a track record that stretches farther than my 45 years, and his contractual relationships with guys like Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley, among others, seem to indicate that he’ll be relevant on the sport’s top shelf for just as long as he wants to be.

But for crying out loud, he’s got to get over this Mayweather thing.

I mean, I get it. They used to work together, now they don’t. He used to say Floyd was one of the best fighters he’d ever seen, but now he’s a coward focused only on money and remaining unbeaten.

It’s a lot like commentary that could be applied to any relationship when it veers from hot to cold.

What starts out as “She’s wonderful and attractive and I hang on her every word” quickly deteriorates to “I was never that into her in the first place, I just wanted to get in good with her sister.”

Still, after a while, those principals do move on to other things.

That doesn’t seem to be the case with Bob, though.

Wherever and whenever he gets a chance, there’s either a cleverly veiled or completely outspoken shot across the Mayweather bow – and it continued well into the night on Saturday at the MGM Grand, after Pacquiao and Bradley went another 12 entertaining rounds.

This time, his rant centered on the venue’s next big welterweight match, in which Mayweather will face WBA champion Marcos Maidana to unify their 147-pound slices on May 3.

“The Mayweather fight is bad for the public, who are being talked to about spending good money on nonsense, and it’s bad for MGM, which continues to peddle non-compe ive matches,” he said. “If you think it’s not compe ive, write it. Don’t not write it because he’ll deny you access.”

While I thank Mr. Arum for his impromptu lecture on journalism ethics, it’s getting a little old.

Sure, Mayweather’s a big favorite to beat Maidana – a 12-1 pick according to the boys at VegasInsider.com. But given the landscape in the welterweight division in the midst of a freeze-out between the top promotional en ies, exactly who else was he supposed to fight?

I’ll concede Maidana is no Pacquiao, and I’d certainly prefer a Floyd-Manny match if given the option. But in the absence of that, “Chino” is a two-division championship claimant, he has won 18 of 19 fights above 140 pounds and he did whip an unbeaten three-division champ in his most recent fight.

Mayweather did legitimately go to the next weight class to beat a younger, stronger and just as unbeaten foe in his last fight, and, short of hopping up to 160 to meet middleweights – something I don’t see PacMan doing either, by the way – his reality is that he’s left to what’s in front of him.

And just because no one who sets odds thinks he can lose at 147, whose fault is that?

Funny, but I don’t recall Arum bellowing “write it if you think it’s not compe ive” from the rooftops when Pacquiao was meeting Mayweather leftover Shane Mosley, when he didn’t hold a belt and hadn’t won a fight in 28 months. Back then, in fact, he was far more promoter than ethicist, claiming a 39-year-old “Sugar” would provide Manny with “a good, interesting, really exciting fight.”

And in the intervening few years, it’s not as if Pacquiao’s been busily tilling new ground.

Since he beat Mosley in what turned out to be a colossal dud, Manny is 3-2 in five fights – including two with Bradley, two with Juan Manuel Marquez and one with Brandon Rios, which was sold as World War III, but in reality was a masterfully crafted spar session designed mainly to regain Pac’s lost luster.

Meanwhile, Mayweather is 4-0 in the same stretch, having beaten a reigning welterweight belt-holder in Victor Ortiz, two reigning super welterweight belt-holders in Alvarez and Miguel Cotto (nine pounds heavier than where Pacquiao fought him, by the way) and a former two-division champ in Robert Guerrero who hadn’t lost a fight in more than seven years, including two at 147.

When it comes to compe ive/relevant matches, sorry Bob, but it’s not even close.

And if what we’re left with for Pacquiao in the future is either Marquez V or Mike Alvarado I, the chasm doesn’t get any narrower.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet from behind the podium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^Cant disagree with any of that.

But lets not act like Mayweather has no fault in this either. Dude ducks. It is what it is.

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does Pacquiao have to fight Marquez?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    does Pacquiao have to fight Marquez?
    ...and he has to kill JMM if he wants to solidify his case for a Mayweather fight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    marquez has no interest in fighting manny for the 5th time. i'm actually kinda glad he said this cuz there is no point to fight again. he should have been credited for victories in 3/4 of the fights but we all know how that went.

By Chris Williams: Juan Manuel Marquez (55-7-1, 40 KO’s) says he has zero interested in fighting Manny Pacquiao (56-5-2, 38 KO’s) for a 5th time, as what Top Rank promoter Bob Arum is hoping for. Instead of Marquez fighting Pacquiao, he wants him to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in order to give boxing fans the fight that they really want to see. Marquez feels that he’s had enough fights against Pacquiao, and he doesn’t want to waste time fighting him a fifth time.
    Marquez is fighting Mike Alvarado (34-2, 23 KO’s) next month on May 17th in a WBO welterweight le eliminator bout at the Forum, in Inglewood, California, USA. The winner of that fight is supposed to fight for the WBO le against Pacquiao now that he’s beaten Tim Bradley.

“I think that the fans want Manny vs. Floyd, and they want to see and should do it,” Marquez said to Univision. “I already have four fights against Pacquiao, and many people prefer to see these two rivals in the ring.”
    Unfortunately the chances of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight are rather slim at this time due to the Top Rank vs. Golden Boy Promotions squabbles going on, as well as the network issues between the two cable giants. Pacquiao fights are televised on HBO, while Mayweather fights on Showtime. In other words, no Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.
    If Marquez beats Alvarado, he should look to fight someone else rather than facing Pacquiao for a 5th time. It’s already time that that long rivalry ended, because Marquez has already proven that he’s the better fighter by getting the better of Pacquiao in their four fights. Marquez arguably won all four of the fights regardless of how the judges scored the first three fights. Marquez has nothing to prove by fighting Pacquiao again, because he’s already proven that he’s better than him four times.
    Marquez recently chose not to fight WBO light welterweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov for his le, because he had already held that le. Marquez didn’t want to take his career backwards by fighting for the same le that he had recently given up. It would be the same thing with Marquez if he were to fight Pacquiao. He already beat him four times, and there’s no point in him beating him a 5th time.
    It would be like going back to the 6th grade five times to see how much better you can do against the younger students. Marquez is already conquered Pacquiao and graduated from that test. If Marquez is going to continue his career then he needs to fight the best – Mayweather or Marcos Maidana.
    Share the post "Marquez wants Pacquiao to fight Mayweather; he’s not interested in 5th fight with him"

Read more at http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/04/...lmuKF7xTMdo.99
    MARQUEZ NOT INTERESTED IN FIGHTING PACQUIAO FOR 5TH TIME
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/04/...ight-with-him/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all access: mayweather vs maidana-episode 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, did anyone just watch the fight of the year?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yep. was awesome.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    , i missed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Go Marcos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maidana is already punching himself out.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your sig is fkn HILARIOUS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chino blew his load too early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chino blew his load too early.
    yep he pulled a San Antonio Spurs and choked after 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep he pulled a San Antonio Spurs and choked after 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, prime Pacquiao vs Mayweather would have been an interesting fight. Too bad it won't happen because of all the ing cowards surrounding the sport.

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So, did anyone just watch the fight of the year?
    were you referring to the Matthysse Molina contest at Stubhub? If so, ya boy was ten rows from the ring and sitting next to former four division champ, Jorge Paez, the clown prince of boxing. Dude had some 12 oz. gloves with him and signed them for me. Chilled and I hung out with the champ the entire night.

The Money Team was well represented. Talked with Chris Arreola about his fight with Stiverne and asked him about his nose and the possibility of facing Wilder. That Matthysse fight was awesome. Great atmosphere and the crowd was crazy.

Thats two potential FOTY I have attended (bradley - ProVo).

As far as Floyd and Maidana, 115-113 Floyd is how I had it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    were you referring to the Matthysse Molina contest at Stubhub? If so, ya boy was ten rows from the ring and sitting next to former four division champ, Jorge Paez, the clown prince of boxing. Dude had some 12 oz. gloves with him and signed them for me. Chilled and I hung out with the champ the entire night.

The Money Team was well represented. Talked with Chris Arreola about his fight with Stiverne and asked him about his nose and the possibility of facing Wilder. That Matthysse fight was awesome. Great atmosphere and the crowd was crazy.

Thats two potential FOTY I have attended (bradley - ProVo).

As far as Floyd and Maidana, 115-113 Floyd is how I had it.
    Yep, good son.

Thread Information