Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats funny?, because Moretti who scored the fight 116-112 for Haney had Loma winning almost ALL of the first 5 rounds and gave round 10 to Haney. Round 10 Haney was rocked badly by Loma. Round 10 was the most decisive in the entire fight. Both of the other judges scored round 10 for Loma, as did the rest of all human kind on the planet. Explain that shiat????!!!!!
    Blind refs just like you said.
    And dude...

I also watched the fight with people who coached very goodboxers and coached me (very informally).
    They said no such thing at all. Explain that shiat??? Guess it depends on who you hang with.
    And dude.
    Pro boxers can be some horrible analysts. Tim Bradley absolutely sucks. The opinion on him is he is just trying to fill space with his mouth.
    He said some of the stupidest these guys had ever heard. And he was a very good boxer. Its usually the ex boxers who are not so good that become trainers?
    Haney was not close to going down. That BS. Loma winced and covered up after getting hit with a superb body shots numerous times, do those count or did you just miss them.

Explain that shiat?

With that said most of the public was with Lomo. Its pretty obvious why. He fought a great fight. and served in Ukraine. comes back at his age and fights a great fight.
    I would rather him win. But in any decision I definitely want to see that fight again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real point is you dont understand the scoring system.
    I would totally agree that the rounds Lomo won 10-9 were more dominating than the rounds Haney won 10-9. But they still count THE SAME.
    But because neither fighter got hurt enough to take an 8 count there were NO 10-8 rounds.
    Thats how these fights are scored. If you want a system that counts some 10-9 rounds as above others, there are diff scoring systems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pulling for Haney pre and during the fight. I even thought he lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garcia
    Gervonte
    Shakur

All beat Haneys a$$.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well thats fine.
    But honestly if you want to GIVE a guy a fight it would be Lomo.
    He has a much larger fan base and a world wide draw.
    The only problem is that he is old. Haney has no big fanbase.

Seriously the compubox numbers have Lomo throwing about 160 more punches in the fight.
    With only 9 more landed. This would have won Lomo an amateur or Olympic bout because he was more active.
    But its a 10 point must system.

The real surprise here imo is that NO judges gave a draw or a winning card for Lomo. It was a unanimous decision. That was strange.
    But I dont find Haney winning by a close margin a total farce at all. I have seen much, much worse decisions than this. This was a close fight.
    And I can see how one might have Lomo the winner. But its not near as bad enough to make one just quit watching boxing. There are way, way more farcical decisions than this one.
    I dont know how to emphasize how good the actual fight was. There should be zero disappointment in taking in this fight to view.
    The outcome is a different subject for me.

I just want them to fight again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its still a matter of opinion, but I will go with what I saw and what the vast majority of pro fighters at ringside saw. A win for Loma.

Have a great day.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loma got ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real point is you dont understand the scoring system.
    I would totally agree that the rounds Lomo won 10-9 were more dominating than the rounds Haney won 10-9. But they still count THE SAME.
    But because neither fighter got hurt enough to take an 8 count there were NO 10-8 rounds.
    Thats how these fights are scored. If you want a system that counts some 10-9 rounds as above others, there are diff scoring systems.
    There isn't any rule that says a judge has to call a round 10-9. If they called a close round 10-9, a more decisive round 10-8, and a dominant round 10-7 it would almost eliminate these outcomes. It would also make a knockdown or a point deduction less impactful on the outcome.

But let's face it, boxing won't do that because it makes too much sense. This is, after all, the sport that changed championship fights to an even number of rounds and has 80-year-old politicians as judges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well thats fine.
    But honestly if you want to GIVE a guy a fight it would be Lomo.
    He has a much larger fan base and a world wide draw.
    The only problem is that he is old. Haney has no big fanbase.

Seriously the compubox numbers have Lomo throwing about 160 more punches in the fight.
    With only 9 more landed. This would have won Lomo an amateur or Olympic bout because he was more active.
    But its a 10 point must system.

The real surprise here imo is that NO judges gave a draw or a winning card for Lomo. It was a unanimous decision. That was strange.
    But I dont find Haney winning by a close margin a total farce at all. I have seen much, much worse decisions than this. This was a close fight.
    And I can see how one might have Lomo the winner. But its not near as bad enough to make one just quit watching boxing. There are way, way more farcical decisions than this one.
    I dont know how to emphasize how good the actual fight was. There should be zero disappointment in taking in this fight to view.
    The outcome is a different subject for me.

I just want them to fight again.
    I watched the fight with my boys and told them that Loma would be crazy to let the fight go to the scorecards again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn't any rule that says a judge has to call a round 10-9. If they called a close round 10-9, a more decisive round 10-8, and a dominant round 10-7 it would almost eliminate these outcomes. It would also make a knockdown or a point deduction less impactful on the outcome.

But let's face it, boxing won't do that because it makes too much sense. This is, after all, the sport that changed championship fights to an even number of rounds and has 80-year-old politicians as judges.
    I like it!!! Get it done niggras!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You have to really dominate a round to get 10-8. Knockdown or bell ending a slaughter.
    I cant help it if boxing follows these rules. WE know what they are. You just stated they wont.
    So in that case its silly.

Loma lost a close fight.
    Your view is indeed obstructed.
    Your beef is with boxing, not this fight. Because its way off.

You cannot seriously tell me you have seen many, many decisions that were absolutely horrific. Much more than this fight. If you think this was a horrible screw job, you really are not acquainted with boxing.
    THIS fight was NOT in that category. It was a good fight. If Lomo had won, I would have still liked the fight. Who won does not really matter to me personally.
    The quality of the fight does. And it was a good one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it!!! Get it done niggras!!!

It would still make for a mess.
    Its still an opinion.
    Its JUDGED. It requires JUDGES to decide who wins. Just like ice skating and gymnastics.
    And the JUDGES are indeed part of the problem, but it will not change controversy, just like the other sports that are judged.
    They do need a whole new system of picking judges. Not sure how it gets done because this sport is naturally corrupt just by the way fights are set up.
    There is no one ruling body. There is no commissioner. And worst of all.... its judged.

Just think about Promoters. Thats the real problem. There is not one body, like the NFL that sets up the stage, the venues, the schedule, who gets to fight whom.

I realize this. I just go with the beauty of the sport itself. If you are really into outcomes this sport will treat you badly.
    So great fight. Do it again (and yes I may be asking way too much to ask for another, promoters will determine this).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to really dominate a round to get 10-8. Knockdown or bell ending a slaughter.
    There is literally no rule stating that you have to dominate a round to get a 10-8 score. It is simply how they have always done it.

You cannot seriously tell me you have seen many, many decisions that were absolutely horrific. Much more than this fight. If you think this was a horrible screw job, you really are not acquainted with boxing.
    I assume you missed the word not in that first sentence, because I've seen hundreds of fights in the last 40 years and I've seen dozens of terrible decisions. I'm watching a fight on Showtime right now and just saw an outcome I agreed with but by a margin that was embarrassing.

THIS fight was NOT in that category. It was a good fight. If Lomo had won, I would have still liked the fight. Who won does not really matter to me personally.
    The quality of the fight does. And it was a good one.
    It was a really good fight. It was a decision. Yeah, it wasn't the worst decision ever, but I'm puzzled how you defend bad decisions. I knew Loma would get screwed by the judges. And he did. Boxing is a great sport run by thieves, gangsters and cheats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Obstructed. Proof that the decision was bull was the look on Haney’s face after the fight was over he looked very very worried. Also when the decision was read, he went crazy because he knew that he should’ve lost the fight. That was joy of getting gifted a win.

Anyhow, I really don’t care because boxing is corrupt as f ck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is literally no rule stating that you have to dominate a round to get a 10-8 score. It is simply how they have always done it.

I assume you missed the word not in that first sentence, because I've seen hundreds of fights in the last 40 years and I've seen dozens of terrible decisions. I'm watching a fight on Showtime right now and just saw an outcome I agreed with but by a margin that was embarrassing.

It was a really good fight. It was a decision. Yeah, it wasn't the worst decision ever, but I'm puzzled how you defend bad decisions. I knew Loma would get screwed by the judges. And he did. Boxing is a great sport run by thieves, gangsters and cheats.
    Why would the judges be against Lomo?
    He is by far a larger draw for future fights compared to Haney.

I will say it again. I thought it was a close fight. You know how it is judged, it does not matter if you want a 10-7 round. 10-8 and 10-7 rounds are absolute slaughters.
    ANd I was the one that brought up that the 10-9 rounds in favor were more in Lomos favor. But I know how the fights are scored. Your system can still result in screw jobs. In fact it gives the judges more la ude to do so as they can really change a fight even more.

I do like that I have ignited the boxing section.

I really like Lomo. He goes away and no one even thinks about those lower divisions right now. He has a much better resume than Haney. Again. I just like good fights. The outcome will kill you if you are dead set on one boxer. I remember the Pac Mayweather that went back and forth that saw both fighters out of their prime when they finally fought. That was extraordinarily disappointing. People were all over Mayweather for ducking. People were all over Pac for doping. I actually enjoyed Mayweather fights because he was so good defensively. And I really loved Pac fights because he really was an outstanding aggressive fighter. They were very different and I loved both styles. I like the sport, its super difficult.

Lets see the fight in question again and I hope its even better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Obstructed. Proof that the decision was bull was the look on Haney’s face after the fight was over he looked very very worried. Also when the decision was read, he went crazy because he knew that he should’ve lost the fight. That was joy of getting gifted a win.

Anyhow, I really don’t care because boxing is corrupt as f ck.
    It is horribly corrupt.
    But if you can accept that and just watch the fights and not worry about the decisions its much more satisfying.
    Boxing tries to get fans just like MMA. They make one of the guys out to be a villain. Its totally silly.
    Then the fighter whos promoter does the fight has control over the decision, and decisions are made by how popular they can make a boxer.
    Pac being a politician and savior, Mayweather all about money and basically being a horrible person.

Boxing itself does not need to have this kind of to interest me.
    And we really dont need to give our resumes or who we watch the fights with as it will probably end in a draw if you really watch fights with people who teach the sport. Because they can be as slanted as a casual fan. There are great stories about the Ayalas here in San Antonio that are just horrific. But they knew their boxing. Until scrambled brains and drugs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the judges be against Lomo?
    He is by far a larger draw for future fights compared to Haney.

I will say it again. I thought it was a close fight. You know how it is judged, it does not matter if you want a 10-7 round. 10-8 and 10-7 rounds are absolute slaughters.
    ANd I was the one that brought up that the 10-9 rounds in favor were more in Lomos favor. But I know how the fights are scored. Your system can still result in screw jobs. In fact it gives the judges more la ude to do so as they can really change a fight even more.

I do like that I have ignited the boxing section.

I really like Lomo. He goes away and no one even thinks about those lower divisions right now. He has a much better resume than Haney. Again. I just like good fights. The outcome will kill you if you are dead set on one boxer. I remember the Pac Mayweather that went back and forth that saw both fighters out of their prime when they finally fought. That was extraordinarily disappointing. People were all over Mayweather for ducking. People were all over Pac for doping. I actually enjoyed Mayweather fights because he was so good defensively. And I really loved Pac fights because he really was an outstanding aggressive fighter. They were very different and I loved both styles. I like the sport, its super difficult.

Lets see the fight in question again and I hope its even better.
    I think you and I agree that we each resolved long ago to enjoying the boxing during the fight in spite of the judging afterward. My suggestion would probably solve the accidentally bad decisions, but you and I both know the intentionally bad decisions are what makes the business of boxing suck. There will always be a Don King lurking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you and I agree that we each resolved long ago to enjoying the boxing during the fight in spite of the judging afterward. My suggestion would probably solve the accidentally bad decisions, but you and I both know the intentionally bad decisions are what makes the business of boxing suck. There will always be a Don King lurking.
    Absolutely.
    Promoters have kept some super fights from ever happening.
    And they get their weasely hands on judges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beating a dead horse I presume, because if nothing has changed to this point it never will.

I will watch MMA. I'm done with Boxing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beating a dead horse I presume, because if nothing has changed to this point it never will.

So you did not like the fight? forget the outcome... the fight was no good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Power Slap fighting is where it’s at

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you did not like the fight? forget the outcome... the fight was no good?

Yes it was good, but DONT charge me to watch a rigged fight. Make all boxing exhibitions as well. These very sketchy score cards happen way too often. Everyone knows what is going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it was good, but DONT charge me to watch a rigged fight. Make all boxing exhibitions as well. These very sketchy score cards happen way too often. Everyone knows what is going on.

The last fight I paid for had one boxer biting another boxer twice and getting disqualified. Ipvanish, Kodi, and The Crew are the trick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've gotten to the point where I quite like UFC, but I still prefer a great boxing match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like both.

But they are both easy to cheat on.
    I would never bet on one of these events.

I get your stance Lebomb.

I almost can see Haney getting paid for giving that shove that cost him.
    They have to keep interest up in these things. In order to do this there is a lot of pretend hate and show it in public. there is zero reason to make them weigh in and do publicity together other than to let them scream and shove. It does not require this imo if both boxers are really good an pair well in style.

Thread Information