Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul Williams in his prime (prior to his tragic accident of course)
    Margarito in his prime
    Pac-Man throughout his career
    Mosley when he was younger
    Vernon Forrest
    Sergio Martinez (154 lb division but many legendary fighters like Ray Leonard step up in weight to beat guys like this)

Mayweather is a padded fighter
    Margacheato - Arum fighter. Same with Cotto. Once he paid Arum almost 800K to get out of his contract, you honestly think he would fight any Top Rank fighters? I mean, they tried to give him eight million to fight Margarito, who was a flawed fighter sans the loaded gloves. We seen how his career went after Richardson found the bricks in his gloves. Dude made that fighting Baldomir and then 25 million fighting Oscar. You lose Arum. Soon as Cotto left Arum, he fought him in Cotto's weight class - 154.

Vernon Forrest ...... lol ...... Forrest was two or three divisions higher than Floyd. When Vernon was at 147, Floyd was fighting at 126 and 130. And when Floyd did eventually get to 140, Vernon went to 154.

Mosley was the one who made the huge jump to fight boxing's cash cow De La Hoya by going from 135 to 147 to get that payday. That's when Floyd was fighting Corrales and Castillo twice at 130 and 135. Nice payday for Mosley but it caught up with him because while at 147, dude had a record of 1-4 and a no contest in six fights. This happening while Arum has Floyd fighting Chop Chop Corley, Victorino Sosa and whomever the Henry Bruseles is. But isn't it ironic that when Shane destroys the most feared man in boxing, Margacheato, then fights Floyd, he's considered old?

Now Paul Williams, I can agree with you on. He was promoted by the Goosen-Tutor. While he was fluttering around and making Hatton come up from 140 and taking damn near two years off, he could have been squaring it up with Williams.

As far as Manny goes, it was both sides, not just Floyd. From Floyd's drug test demands and not taking any of the PPV revenue to Arum's Manny needs 7 months for cuts to heal, both parties ed up that fight.

As far as Martinez goes, they'd have to meat at a catch weight. Prolly 154 but I don't see Floyd fighting Martinez. If everything goes to plan, he'll beat The Ghost in May and fight Canelo Alvarez in September.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Margacheato - Arum fighter. Same with Cotto. Once he paid Arum almost 800K to get out of his contract, you honestly think he would fight any Top Rank fighters? I mean, they tried to give him eight million to fight Margarito, who was a flawed fighter sans the loaded gloves. We seen how his career went after Richardson found the bricks in his gloves. Dude made that fighting Baldomir and then 25 million fighting Oscar. You lose Arum. Soon as Cotto left Arum, he fought him in Cotto's weight class - 154. As for Manny, you're right, it was both ways but at first Manny was willing to fight him then Floyd threw steroid allegations. That was the ultimate move in boxing history. Finally when Manny agrees to the drug testing he wants 80-20%...Floyd is a pussy and always has been. Not because he will lose but because he doesnt want to fight a challenging opponent.

Vernon Forrest ...... lol ...... Forrest was two or three divisions higher than Floyd. When Vernon was at 147, Floyd was fighting at 126 and 130. And when Floyd did eventually get to 140, Vernon went to 154.

Mosley was the one who made the huge jump to fight boxing's cash cow De La Hoya by going from 135 to 147 to get that payday. That's when Floyd was fighting Corrales and Castillo twice at 130 and 135. Nice payday for Mosley but it caught up with him because while at 147, dude had a record of 1-4 and a no contest in six fights. This happening while Arum has Floyd fighting Chop Chop Corley, Victorino Sosa and whomever the Henry Bruseles is. But isn't it ironic that when Shane destroys the most feared man in boxing, Margacheato, then fights Floyd, he's considered old?

Now Paul Williams, I can agree with you on. He was promoted by the Goosen-Tutor. While he was fluttering around and making Hatton come up from 140 and taking damn near two years off, he could have been squaring it up with Williams.

As far as Manny goes, it was both sides, not just Floyd. From Floyd's drug test demands and not taking any of the PPV revenue to Arum's Manny needs 7 months for cuts to heal, both parties ed up that fight.

As far as Martinez goes, they'd have to meat at a catch weight. Prolly 154 but I don't see Floyd fighting Martinez. If everything goes to plan, he'll beat The Ghost in May and fight Canelo Alvarez in September.
    My focus is primarily on Paul Williams who I felt would have CHALLENGED Floyd, and Manny Pacquaio. I'm not sure if you're an old school fan of boxing, fans of guys like Leonard, Hagler, etc but those guys HAD TO FIGHT EACHOTHER. It was their nasty compe ive nature. It seems like most boxers still have that today, but Floyd is a rare exception.

He just does not possess that quality to want to fight with the best of them because he knows it will SHORTEN his career and DECREASE the amount of $ he will eventually make. He will fight Guerrero now...take another year off...fight Timothy Bradley...take a year off. But eventually, 1 of these guys is going to pull an upset. Especially given the fact he looked sub par against Cotto and Cotto is a s of himself, and also because Floyd signed a 6 fight contract which means hes going to be fighting at this rate for a LOOOONG TIME.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My focus is primarily on Paul Williams who I felt would have CHALLENGED Floyd, and Manny Pacquaio. I'm not sure if you're an old school fan of boxing, fans of guys like Leonard, Hagler, etc but those guys HAD TO FIGHT EACHOTHER. It was their nasty compe ive nature. It seems like most boxers still have that today, but Floyd is a rare exception.

He just does not possess that quality to want to fight with the best of them because he knows it will SHORTEN his career and DECREASE the amount of $ he will eventually make. He will fight Guerrero now...take another year off...fight Timothy Bradley...take a year off. But eventually, 1 of these guys is going to pull an upset. Especially given the fact he looked sub par against Cotto and Cotto is a s of himself, and also because Floyd signed a 6 fight contract which means hes going to be fighting at this rate for a LOOOONG TIME.

with Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran, they made multiples fights and everyone of them were pretty damn good. , Leonard and Duran fought twice is six months. And it's true, you don't see that anymore in boxing but the sport is starting to make a comeback. Also the purses weren't the same size as they are now and fighters are much smarter. They go in the ring and take the beating while the promoter don't get touched and leave with fat pockets, see Mike, Ali and Don King. Williams definitely could have challenged Floyd. Don't know if he would have beaten him but he damn sure would have pressured him and won rounds primarily because he would have been the busier fighter. And that six fight deal will probably take him up to 39 and he'll call it quits.

Some may think it's cowardice but when you look at it, it's great business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good fight on HBO (non-PPV) right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this on deadspin. Pretty funny imo.

http://deadspin.com/warning-if-you-t...tter-452727665

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with boxin....how come you not allowed to hit the legs?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That was a great fight tonight between Bradley and that Russian dude.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Last edited by IronMaxipad; 03-17-2013 at 04:16 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was at that fight .... atmosphere was crazy ... not a huge crowd because Bradley can't draw flies to his own turd but the bouts were tremendous ... just a great card put on by Uncle Bob. about five ko's and three fights that went the distance and were all good .......

i had the bradley-prodvodnikov fight 114-113 bradley. Once he boxed and stop trying to prove that his Manny win wasn't a fluke, he pretty much controlled the fight. Ruslan could have taken him out four different times and couldn't get it done. Totally unexpected from a Bradley fight.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Rios vs Alvarado rematch top the Bradley fight?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Donaire vs Rigondeux tomorrow, should be a good one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here we go!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rigo took donaire to school.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    thought the first nine rounds were iffy at best but you could see why after Rigo's straight left to Donaire's eye. great shot. If boxing is all about drawing people to see you fight, Rigo is going to starve with his walking instead of engaging. Donaire was clearly unprepared and fat. Maybe it had to do with Garcia training Rios.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is going down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on the fence with Canelo. I like the kid, but some reason the dude just does not impress me. He seems to lack killer instinct and I've yet to seen him really let his hands go. He too conservative. He reminds me of Mack browns offense. So many weapons, but just refuses to let the offense explode. Likes to keeps everything over controlled.

Mayweather would kill this kid right now, or it would be the lamest fight ever because nobody would through a punch.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tonight

+
    DAF86

I ing hate when HBO and Showtime put on cards on the same night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the Martinez fight with some friends so I couldn't watch it properly and I haven't seen it again yet so I can't tell if Sergio's got a gift or not but his performance was a big dissapointment, tbh. Everyone was expecting a KO/dominant performance.

IronMaxipad did you watch it? What did you think? Who did you have as the winner?

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    can someone pm me a link for the mayweather fight tonight? much appreciated in advance.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can someone pm me a link for the mayweather fight tonight? much appreciated in advance.
    If you ended up finding a link can you pm it, thanks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Easy work by PBF ...

LOL Pacman>PBF ...

Even Spoelstra, Donaire, Imelda Marcos, that dude from BEP and Lea Solanga all know Pacyow wouldn't stand a chance ...

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    If you ended up finding a link can you pm it, thanks.
    sorry, just saw this now.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw it on some mexican site. Pretty boring. He's not the pound for pound best boxer in the sport, Klitschko is.

He needs to fight Marquez, Pacman or a Victor Ortiz rematch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    money may once again showing why he's the best. the fight wasn't flashy but that's cuz he hurt his hand. his defense is flawless and he was landing that straight right all night at will. may has to fight canelo next, that's the only fight that makes sense at this juncture.

Thread Information