Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Canelo v Chavez jr?

Mexicans don't run from fights so to save face from running from GGG, hes going after another Mexican with a biggest name just so all the Mexicans will watch and he can feel proud.

He's too afraid to move up 5 pounds to fight GGG, but will move up 10 to fight Chavez jr. And at that, will still be making Chavez come into the fight weak from making weight.

Now, as much a Chavez jr has been such a disappointment for laziness, this could be his Buster Douglas moment. That's only if, and only if, he trains like a lion for this fight. Dude has heavy hands and one punch that Canelo doesn't slip could change the fight. But that's a big if.

trying to add age on Golovkin. Fight with Chavez was smart from a bank account point of view. Face of boxing vs son of legendary Mexican fighter on Cinco de mayo.

Got a few good fights swinging through with Thurman vs. Garcia, GGG vs Jacobs and that Wilder card tonight wasn't half bad.

Believe.
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Best fight on the undercard was actually the four rounder with Clarissa Shields.
    I love the boxing.

Believe.
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Very nice fight.

Believe.
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Happy to be member of this community.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tank Davis vs Abner Mares at Stubhub. I’ll be there for that one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canelo fights are FIXED. Tonight was a joke

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's embarrassing is that Lamar Odom is going 100 percent on this flower boy and that's all he can do.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    How'd we let this thread die? Anyone watching the Fury fight today? And that Valdez/Stevenson fight next weekend should be excellent!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How'd we let this thread die? Anyone watching the Fury fight today? And that Valdez/Stevenson fight next weekend should be excellent!
    Stevenson made him look like an amateur.
    The difference in ability is astounding.
    And Stevenson had plenty left in the tank after 12 rounds.

The kid showboated at the end of the fight, which I did not think was appropriate.
    But then in his interview Stevenson had nothing but praise for Valdez. Said he was tough as and never gave up.
    Then gently stated, Im just better. Which is clearly true.

I should also add Stevenson is much, much physically stronger in this division if Valdez is the best offer. He walked Valdez down and was unaffected by the few punches Valdez got in. So not only was Stevenson a better boxer, quicker, smarter, he is a of a lot stronger. Very lopsided.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Yeah, very lopsided indeed. Thought Stevenson would easily win but had hoped it would have been more compe ive. Stevenson dominated the fight but was pretty boring overall. The Serrano/Taylor fight ended up delivering much more action.

Canelo vs Bivol tonight. I think Canelo will probably win but Bivol could hurt him so we'll see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bivol dismantled him. I didn't expect to see Canelo that befuddled.

Bivol's combos frequently didn't land flush but they came so fast that even if it's only like a 20% hit, you can tell it was pissing off Canelo. Bivol also very cautious and didn't allow himself to be setup for a counterpunch.

Also seemed like massive disrespect to Bivol's home country. Acting like he is from the US? Maybe a sanctions thing. Glad the fight was able to go through despite US geopolitical ignorance and arrogance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, very lopsided indeed. Thought Stevenson would easily win but had hoped it would have been more compe ive. Stevenson dominated the fight but was pretty boring overall. The Serrano/Taylor fight ended up delivering much more action.

Canelo vs Bivol tonight. I think Canelo will probably win but Bivol could hurt him so we'll see.
    Easy win for Bivol.
    Canelo got against a guy longer and big who was a very disciplined but a consistently hard puncher.
    Not even close. Canelo felt hard punches the entire fight and it was just way too much. And Canelo could not avoid them or catch Bivol coming in.
    Bivol was the better mover. He was never really bothered.
    If they had gone 15 rounds, like in years past, they would have stopped the fight imo.

Bivol is a really good boxer. He throws very stiff combinations in every round and the combinations go high and low. Very difficult for a smaller fighter who really never got a sniff at hurting his opponent.

Canelo needs to rethink this division. He cant stand there like that against a guy this good a boxer. And If there are any real boxer/heavy punchers in this division, Canelo must avoid them. Lighter weight divisions so Canelo does not feel the punches as much and his own punching power makes a difference. Boxing like a bull when you are so much smaller... nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bivol dismantled him. I didn't expect to see Canelo that befuddled.

Bivol's combos frequently didn't land flush but they came so fast that even if it's only like a 20% hit, you can tell it was pissing off Canelo. Bivol also very cautious and didn't allow himself to be setup for a counterpunch.

Also seemed like massive disrespect to Bivol's home country. Acting like he is from the US? Maybe a sanctions thing. Glad the fight was able to go through despite US geopolitical ignorance and arrogance.
    The bolded. Absolutely.

Bivol is very skilled at moving out at exactly the right time, and then standing firm with hard combinations when his opponent is not able to counter. He was very, very good at this.

And totally agree. Its not like this guy is some sort of friend of Putin. Hes a boxer who has been here a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked at the judges scorecard.... what a sham

Give Canelo 5 rounds automatically in Vegas.
    Seriously, it could be argued that Bivol won every round except one.
    That fight was not EVEN close. Its the GG fight judges again for Canelo.
    Canelo is a really entertaining tough fighter. But the judges just giving him rounds ruins the image.

Boxing is still in the dark ages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked at the judges scorecard.... what a sham

Give Canelo 5 rounds automatically in Vegas.
    Seriously, it could be argued that Bivol won every round except one.
    That fight was not EVEN close. Its the GG fight judges again for Canelo.
    Canelo is a really entertaining tough fighter. But the judges just giving him rounds ruins the image.

Boxing is still in the dark ages.
    Canelo claims he would have fought differently if he knew he was behind on all the scorecards??????????
    What a bunch of crap. He got completely out boxed and he does not know it???
    Lost some respect for him. I like that he wanted to get out of its comfort zone and take on a new challenge but, Canelo? o? You got destroyed.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cordina hands Ogawa a sleeping pill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminder:

Kambosis v. Haney ~ 9:30 pm CT and its on ESPN so none of the PPV crap.

edit

Looks more like 10:30 CT
    Last edited by pgardn; 06-04-2022 at 09:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A boxer v. a counter puncher who wants to brawl.
    No contest.
    All Haney.

Judges give anything else than Haney by a mile and it will be an embarrassment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two judges gave it 116-112, thats way too close.
    Anyways.
    ALL Haney.

And a boring fight as Kambosis does not have the speed or skill or style to beat a real boxer.
    Kambosis must fight a bomb thrower who takes risks to be effective.
    or somehow get a lucky 1 punch KO to ever beat Haney.
    I do NOT look forward to the rematch at all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was a yawn fest. But u disputed is undisputed especially doing it on the other side of the planet. He needs to fight Tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haney defeats Lomo in a very good fight.
    Boxing at its best. Imo possibly a draw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a joke. At the worst it was a draw. I was for Haney, but Loma won that fight 115-113 in my opinion.

Thats why I hate boxing and watch MMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a joke. At the worst it was a draw. I was for Haney, but Loma won that fight 115-113 in my opinion.

Thats why I hate boxing and watch MMA.
    Can’t do that because Haney had the first five rounds at least.
    And he won the last round.
    The announcers completely overlooked the jabs Haney hit Lomo with, but Lomos face don’t lie.

The above being said I absolutely love the way Lomo fights. His movement to establish position is absolutely extraordinary.
    I want to see it again. Those are two extraordinarily polished boxers. If you hated that fight you don’t like boxing. If you disagree with the outcome… that’s cool. Neither was close to being in real trouble and it was still fantastic. I don’t need a knockout or even a guy going down to enjoy this kind of fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he won the last round.
    The announcers completely overlooked the jabs Haney hit Lomo with, but Lomos face don’t lie.

The above being said I absolutely love the way Lomo fights. His movement to establish position is absolutely extraordinary.
    I want to see it again. Those are two extraordinarily polished boxers. If you hated that fight you don’t like boxing. If you disagree with the outcome… that’s cool. Neither was close to being in real trouble and it was still fantastic. I don’t need a knockout or even a guy going down to enjoy this kind of fight.

Dude, I watched the fight with guys that box. Also, why are the majority of Pro boxers saying that result was BULLSH*Z. Even boxers who predicted Haney would win, or were friends of Haney said that was a bad decision. Loma was NEVER in trouble and pressed the fight the entire time. I saw Haney stumble his ass off in a few rounds. Dude was rocked and you know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thats funny?, because Moretti who scored the fight 116-112 for Haney had Loma winning almost ALL of the first 5 rounds and gave round 10 to Haney. Round 10 Haney was rocked badly by Loma. Round 10 was the most decisive in the entire fight. Both of the other judges scored round 10 for Loma, as did the rest of all human kind on the planet. Explain that shiat????!!!!!

Thread Information