Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jim Buss has finally agreed to trade Bynum for the right deal. If this goes down he will have proved to trump all of us including his dad. It would be he essentially drove up Bynum's value by refusing to trade him...Outstanding Jimbo...now let's close the deal.

It’s no surprise to anyone that the Lakers will be one of the primary suitors in a possible trade for (Dwight) Howard, and a person with knowledge of the team’s strategy told CBSSports.com that executive Jim Buss finally has dropped his opposition to trading center Andrew Bynum “for the right deal and it’s clear from those familiar with Howard’s thinking that he’d like to join the Lakers.
    A notion that has conjured speculation in the agent community of a three-team deal that would land Bynum in Milwaukee, Bogut in Orlando and Howard in L.A.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/report-byn...ht-deal/print/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakaluva's first kiss was with a dude

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL if a deal is going to be done ...Orlando would be stupid to drag the out ...

If need be, send Lamar too as long as we get Re , (or any other shooter) or a PG they dont have to be greatr only serviceable ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    After all, we would be getting Dwight Howard ...

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jimmy was willing to trade Baby Drew for KG; the untouchable stuff was all a facade. We should be thankful for such a smart owner that wasn't dumb enough to move the 2nd best center in the NBA for a washed up Jason Kidd or JO like so many idiot Laker fans wanted.

Jim Buss = Keyser Söze

The Dwight to LA pipe is just a planned media circus. Pau's the one on the chopping block and he's bringing home a Point. That's how the Lakers usually operate: misdirection.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL if a deal is going to be done ...Orlando would be stupid to drag the out ...

If need be, send Lamar too as long as we get Re , (or any other shooter) or a PG they dont have to be greatr only serviceable ...
    I don't think they'll drag it out...they saw what happened to Cleveland. They won't let that happen to them. Their GM said yesterday he wants to talk to Dwight to see where he wants to be. No team is going to trade for him unless he agrees to an extension...I say where there's smoke there's fire...He should definitely be in LA...If he's traded to us this season and we keep Pau...then my theory of Kobe finishing with 8 rings holds true. Kobe said as a rookie he'd finish with 10 but 8 sounds bout right to me. Even though I'd settle for 2 more...even 1 more...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jimmy was willing to trade Baby Drew for KG; the untouchable stuff was all a facade. We should be thankful for such a smart owner that wasn't dumb enough to move the 2nd best center in the NBA for a washed up Jason Kidd or JO like so many idiot Laker fans wanted.

Jim Buss = Keyser Söze

The Dwight to LA pipe is just a planned media circus. Pau's the one on the chopping block and he's bringing home a Point. That's how the Lakers usually operate: misdirection.

it would seem much more a natural fit for Pau and Dwight man our front line...Pau with the sweet outside touch and Dwight with the reckless abandonment in the post.

I just cannot see a Bynum and Dwight combo working out given how immature Drew is. But if Drew recognizes he's not an offensive wizard and focuses on D...then he and Dwight would be a formidable and intimidating front line. This scenario doesn't work well unless we get rid of Artest as well and add some 3 point shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol hoopsworld

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just wish Howard was more of a sure thing. Getting him to Los Angeles may end up being the easiest part of the whole thing. Once there I fear one headache after another:

The ft thing.
    He's so uncomfortable on the block it's almost unwatchable/sometimes I have to change the channel and he wasn't even on the Lakers then.
    His rank immaturity.

I wouldn't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just wish Howard was more of a sure thing. Getting him to Los Angeles may end up being the easiest part of the whole thing. Once there I fear one headache after another:

The ft thing.
    He's so uncomfortable on the block it's almost unwatchable/sometimes I have to change the channel and he wasn't even on the Lakers then.
    His rank immaturity.

I wouldn't do it.
    Fully I don't get you. Sure Howard has flaws like you mentioned ...but his strength, athleticism and speed make up for it. Howard does not address our aging backcourt but he makes us better short term, and especially long term ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldnt be at all shocked to see Dwight in LA. They have the pieces but IMO it will take Bynum & Odom + eating a bad contract (Hedo) to get it done which LA would easily do.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    for Killa's post>>>... his lack of progress on the block is my biggest concern. He's atrocious there. He's going to frustrate the offense.

& we'll have to hide him in the 4th quarter of playoff games because of his ft shooting. I don't want to go there again. If he had Daddy's low post a en, perhaps. But, he doesn't. He's a lost soul down there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hedo will transcend Kobe!

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hedo will transcend Kobe!
    Kobe already got his transcend on at 5-4.

tee, hee.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    It really doesn't matter. The Lakers have no hope of competing with the Blazers now. We're just too good.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    How many years do you keep telling yourself that^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really doesn't matter. The Lakers have no hope of competing with the Blazers now. We're just too good.
    Groundhog Day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers=fcked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Milwaukee do that? Bogut >>>>>>> Bynum

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    for Killa's post>>>... his lack of progress on the block is my biggest concern. He's atrocious there. He's going to frustrate the offense.

& we'll have to hide him in the 4th quarter of playoff games because of his ft shooting. I don't want to go there again. If he had Daddy's low post a en, perhaps. But, he doesn't. He's a lost soul down there.

I agree with your assessment of D12, however he's better than Bynum and has better upside...unlike Bynum he doesn't have to have his feet set to score a chippy in the post....Bynum bout makes me puke with that ...Refuses to play above the rim has to take once bounce before his feet are settled...

Another thing...playing with Kobe will make D12 better...He's already spent time this summer with Hakeem and if Cap is still around may get some pointers from him as well.

Personally I think Dwight has the personality that will allow him to thrive...because he wants to be liked plus he has the physical gifts to pull it off...Pau will teach him how to develop a soft touch and he will teach Pau how to bang in the post and hit the weights hard...it will be a marriage indeed

I think he and Kobe will have legendary workouts together that should inspire the others. They will compete with each other on conditioning...

I just don't think you pass up on physical well coordinated specimen like Dwight in this era...He's young, fast, strong and most importantly hungry...

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    April fools

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Despit shaq's flaws he is far more natural on the block than Dwight. Shaq was always a low post force Dwight is one of the more late bloomer types (size/bulk) who "grew" in to a center but is really a power forward ...

That being said he has improved offensively quite a bit in the past two seasons ...but he still has room to improve ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why would Milwaukee do that? Bogut >>>>>>> Bynum
    Healthy he is better, but I don't think his elbow will ever "get right" again ...

Thread Information