Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Apple loses bid to block U.S. sales of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Samsung chalked up a victory in its ongoing patent battle with Apple when a federal judge ruled against a proposed sales ban on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the U.S.

Apple had requested a ban similar to the temporary injunction placed on sales of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia, but the U.S. District Court in San Jose on Friday decided that such a move wasn't necessary before the dispute goes to trial in July, according to Bloomberg Businessweek

Australian's ban on sales of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is set to lift on Dec. 9, with the patent battle there headed for trial in March.

The two consumer electronics ans are involved in a running legal war over the rights to technologies used on tablets and smartphones in more than 10 countries, including the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, France and Italy, and with more than 20 lawsuits filed between the two companies.

So far, sales of Samsung's Galaxy S, Galaxy S II and Ace smartphones have been temporarily banned in 30 European countries, and Germany has placed a preliminary sales ban on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 7.7 (all devices which run on Google's Android operating system). Samsung went so far as to redesign and then re-release the German version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 as the Galaxy Tab 10.1N, but Apple requested a new ban of that tablet in that country as well, according to the Times of India.

When Apple and Samsung aren't fighting to keep each other's products off of store shelves, the two are actually business partners. Samsung, for example, manufactures Apple's A4 and A5 processors found in the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and iPod Touch, among other components, such as flash memory, inside of i-devices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and on top of it:

Court leaks Apple case secrets
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...amsung-secrets

THE US COURT presiding over the Apple versus Samsung case in the US has mistakenly revealed some details about the litigation that were not meant to be shared.
    Reuters has an exclusive on the story, since it has seen the do ent that when copied and pasted revealed its redacted contents. Although that do ent has since been removed from the internet and properly censored, Reuters was able to see and share what it said.

Apple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when it rains it pours

EU opens an rust probe of Apple
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/...obe/51668736/1

BRUSSELS – The European Union's an rust watchdog is investigating whether Apple helped five major publishing houses illegally raise prices for e-books when it launched its iPad tablet and iBookstore in 2010.

The probe, announced Tuesday by the European Commission, offers a glimpse into the fierce compe ion in the growing e-book market, especially as Apple has tried to take on Amazon and its Kindle e-book reader.
    In particular, the Commission is investigating a significant shift in the way the price of e-books is determined that occurred in 2010, just as Apple introduced the iPad and its own online book store, iBookstore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol apple gettin its pushed back in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And somehow Apple are gonna get away with their

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    THIS is who Apple should bo suing

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/05/d...uary-1st-with/

Of course, this lawsuit is more about compe ion than it is about protecting innovation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And somehow Apple are gonna get away with their
    If they're such a dominant company, why the need for the lawsuits?

They scurred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile Jobs is planking like a pro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they're such a dominant company, why the need for the lawsuits?

They scurred.
    They are just trolling the out of Samsung

Meanwhile Jobs is planking like a pro.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Too bad the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a steaming pile of poo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a steaming pile of poo.
    A total piece of

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Apple getting str8 trolled in China

Chinese court rejects Apple's claim to the iPad name, faces potential sale ban
    By Terrence O'Brien posted Dec 7th 2011 10:13AM

Before starting to sell the iPad in China last year Apple attempted to trademark the name in the country, but that request was rejected since it was already owned by Shenzhen-based Proview Technology. Apple reached an agreement with the Taiwanese arm of the company for global rights to the moniker, but the Chinese unit, which owns the trademark in that particular country, wasn't so willing to hand over the deed. Apple sued, but the Shenzhen Intermediate People's Court rejected Cupertino's claim to ownership earlier this week and now the iPad manufacturer finds itself on the wrong side of a battle over intellectual property rights. Proview Technology has targeted resellers in Shenzhen and Huizhou, demanding an immediate halt to the selling of the iOS tablet. If successful the company plans to expand its quest for an iPad ban to the rest of China. Obviously, Apple can (and likely will) appeal the decision, but we're interested to see how this one shapes up.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/07/c...me-faces-pote/

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple getting str8 trolled in China

Chinese court rejects Apple's claim to the iPad name, faces potential sale ban
    By Terrence O'Brien posted Dec 7th 2011 10:13AM

Before starting to sell the iPad in China last year Apple attempted to trademark the name in the country, but that request was rejected since it was already owned by Shenzhen-based Proview Technology. Apple reached an agreement with the Taiwanese arm of the company for global rights to the moniker, but the Chinese unit, which owns the trademark in that particular country, wasn't so willing to hand over the deed. Apple sued, but the Shenzhen Intermediate People's Court rejected Cupertino's claim to ownership earlier this week and now the iPad manufacturer finds itself on the wrong side of a battle over intellectual property rights. Proview Technology has targeted resellers in Shenzhen and Huizhou, demanding an immediate halt to the selling of the iOS tablet. If successful the company plans to expand its quest for an iPad ban to the rest of China. Obviously, Apple can (and likely will) appeal the decision, but we're interested to see how this one shapes up.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/07/c...me-faces-pote/
    Shenzen is the location of one of the giant FoxConn plants where iPods and iPhones are made, among many other manufacturer's products. I really, really doubt this holds up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turns out, Apple doesn't even own the "ipad" trademark

Apple could be exposed to a $1.5B payout in Chinese trademark countersuit

After a Chinese judge rejected Apple's lawsuit against Chinese manufacturer Proview Technology for illegally using the iPad name, a countersuit could be heading Apple's way to the tune of $1.5 billion.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-57338088-243/apple-could-be-exposed-to-a-$1.5b-payout-in-chinese-trademark-countersuit/#ixzz1fxCPZLKJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Apple getting away with

Gangstas own the World, gots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except in China

1.3 billion customers and counting

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    China strongarming everybody, NBA players, Apple

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/08/f...iphone-4s-ban/

weird that that company gave them iPad in every country but China

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except in China

1.3 billion customers and counting
    China strongarming everybody, NBA players, Apple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/08/f...iphone-4s-ban/

weird that that company gave them iPad in every country but China
    They dont want them to tell the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters gonna hate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple getting bukkaked all over the globe

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57...-war-drags-on/
    Apple loses patent battle with Motorola; war drags on
    Apple was dealt a significant blow in a German court today after a judge ruled the company is in violation of a Motorola Mobility patent.

According to Foss Patents, which obtained the ruling, the Mannheim Regional Court in Germany ruled today that Apple violates Motorola Mobility's patent on a "method for performing a countdown function during a mobile-originated transfer for a packet radio system." The patent plays a key role in General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), and according to the court do ents, is violated by Apple's entire iPhone and iPad 3G line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple getting bukkaked all over the globe

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57...-war-drags-on/
    Apple loses patent battle with Motorola; war drags on

Apple was dealt a significant blow in a German court today after a judge ruled the company is in violation of a Motorola Mobility patent.

According to Foss Patents, which obtained the ruling, the Mannheim Regional Court in Germany ruled today that Apple violates Motorola Mobility's patent on a "method for performing a countdown function during a mobile-originated transfer for a packet radio system." The patent plays a key role in General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), and according to the court do ents, is violated by Apple's entire iPhone and iPad 3G line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So

They can deny them in ing Mars, they are still gonna lead the whole universe

Apple = gangsta ing hot es

Droid and Co = nice geeks rubbing their small s against their touchscreens

Thread Information