Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas just landed a commit from Kevin Durant, a 6'9 kid from Oak Hill Academy, most recruiting services have him as the #2 recruit in the ENITRE COUNTRY. Barnes has already landed a number of McDonald's All-Americans from Texas, and one out of state kid from Alabama (M. Williams), but this recruit could really elevate the Texas program into that elite status. He evidently has all the tools, can shoot with range, explosive athleticism, has the inside/outside game, everything. Combine this kid with CJ Miles coming in and the Abrams PG recruit, this next Texas class is big time. Also take into account Lamarcus Aldridge coming back healthy next season along with M. Williams at PF (Alabama McDonald All American recruit), D. Gibson (AA recruit), Brad Buckman, PJ Tucker coming back from academic problems, D. Dowell, and then JUCO guys JD Lewis and C. Winder. All of a sudden you've got one of a team, definitely a team that could make some serious noise in March! Look out rest of Big XII, Hook'em!

respect the 'fro

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah
    the starting lineup
    gibson
    dowell/miles
    pj tucker
    buckman
    aldrige
    plus mike williams and dowell/miles off the bench

thats a hugeass talented lineup with some TEXAS BOYS too

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    Yeah if PJ can hit the fockin' books and actually play....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think PJ will be playing next year. He learned his lesson. We defintely missed him and Aldridge started to come alive then he got hurt and was done for the season. Paulino will be back also. We'll have a good team next year. Gibson will only get better.

Crowned
    Post Count
    Was there any confirmation on CJ Miles? He was drafted in the 2nd round of the NBA draft, but I know under the new CBA, if he didn't sign with an agent, he was still eligible for college play. Don't know if that's what he decided to do, though.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Was there any confirmation on CJ Miles? He was drafted in the 2nd round of the NBA draft, but I know under the new CBA, if he didn't sign with an agent, he was still eligible for college play. Don't know if that's what he decided to do, though.
    Word from CJ's dad is that they're awaiting a contract offer from the Jazz at this point. CJ didn't hire an agent, so he could say no to the contract and come to Texas, or we lose him to the NBA. He originally said he wouldn't go pro if he wasn't drafted in the first round, but now who knows what the he's thinking. I don't think he's ready for the NBA yet, 1-2 seasons at Texas would help him a bunch.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Word from CJ's dad is that they're awaiting a contract offer from the Jazz at this point. CJ didn't hire an agent, so he could say no to the contract and come to Texas, or we lose him to the NBA. He originally said he wouldn't go pro if he wasn't drafted in the first round, but now who knows what the he's thinking. I don't think he's ready for the NBA yet, 1-2 seasons at Texas would help him a bunch.
    one year and prove he's a player will get him drafted in the 1st round where the guaranteed money is.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    What is the min. NBA age now & by what date does a player have to be that old?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

^ Cap explains all.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    he should be 19 by the start of the 06-07 nba season, when the new rules kick in
    just by assuming he's normal hs sr age

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

^ Cap explains all.

Awesome. You have a wifebeater to match?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nah, I don't.

Post Count
    Awesome. You have a wifebeater to match?
    Well, I see we spent 3hrs thinking up that witty comment.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    Texas just landed a commit from Kevin Durant, a 6'9 kid from Oak Hill Academy, most recruiting services have him as the #2 recruit in the ENITRE COUNTRY.

July 7, 2005

Starting now, which college has the best chance to win national les in football and hoops in the same year?
    --Hugh Pritchett, Indianapolis

Good question, and one that gives me an excuse to freshen up on the college hoops landscape, which, I must confess, I've pretty much ignored since the Final Four. I'll go with:

1. Louisville. The right coaches are in place in both sports (Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino), and by joining the Big East, the football team can now legitimately aspire to win the national le. The Cardinals' problem will be that a lack of respect for the conference (in football) may hold them back in the eyes of the pollsters. ( *cough* no chance ...)

2. Texas. The Longhorns have been to both a BCS bowl and a Final Four since 2003 and are consistent top-15 programs in both sports. Rick Barnes is fully capable of delivering a le in basketball; Brown, as was duly noted above, needs to beat Oklahoma first.

3. Oklahoma. Similar profile in both sports, although the Sooners' basketball program has taken some hits lately, and it may be awhile before Kelvin Sampson returns to the Final Four.

4. Ohio State. We already know football can do it, and I think Thad Matta is one of the best young coaches in the country. He's assembling one of the most impressive recruiting classes in recent memory (led by top overall prospect Greg Oden). He'll have to weather NCAA sanctions first, though.

5. Michigan. The Wolverines have come the closest to accomplishing it in the past, playing for the national le in basketball in 1992 and '93 while also playing in the Rose Bowl the same school years. Problem is, I don't think Tommy Amaker is the right guy to get the basketball program back to that same level.

Post Count
    With OSU getting 4 of the top 30 basketball players next yr they will indeed be tough.

Their football team is already the class of the Big 10.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count

^ Cap explains all.
    ^^^^ good man ^^^^^

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

^ Cap explains all.
    Damn you look hard. You've probably had your pushed a few times.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    I'd take young Marcus to pound your any day by the looks of the boy.
    Last edited by word; 07-07-2005 at 11:55 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Damn you look hard. You've probably had your pushed a few times.
    No, i'm not . But i'll pound your in face in.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Then you may wanted to reconsider posting topless webcam pictures of yourself on the internet.

Post Count
    Then you may wanted to reconsider posting topless webcam pictures of yourself on the internet.
    So every photo of a male wthout a top causes you an erection?
    You've got issues..It is OK being Gay Scott but you are in the C-L-O-S-E-T!
    Come out ou boy come out..Closets are for clothes.

maybe he's gay, but you're ing stupid.

Post Count
    maybe he's gay, but you're ing stupid.
    Maybe you're ing gay & he's stupid>

Ignorant Pussy!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    So every photo of a male wthout a top causes you an erection?
    You've got issues..It is OK being Gay Scott but you are in the C-L-O-S-E-T!
    Come out ou boy come out..Closets are for clothes.
    What are you, his boyfriend?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    scott jacks it to pictures of reynaldo works

Thread Information