Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm currently playing Gears of War 3. It's definitely my favorite so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skyrim. Runner up: Dark Souls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm currently playing Gears of War 3. It's definitely my favorite so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My nephew brought his wii to my house about a month ago, still hasnt taken it home yet. I tried several games but none really captured my interest, probably the best of what he had was metroid prime and kirby's epic yarn (though the other kids that come over really liked the wii sports stuff and just dance). So last week I went out and bought skyward sword (for him, really!), just beat it last night, it was pretty damn good. It seems like its the only motion based game that doesnt feel like a total gimmick (though you still feel and look like an idiot raising the control above your head and flapping about). I guess it wasnt really ground breaking or anything, but like Ocarina of Time it was a well crafted adventure with a good mix of puzzles, action, exploration, good music, etc. I enjoyed it enough to plow through it pretty quick (it helped I was sick a couple days so I could play while my kids were at kindergarten ). Its a kids game, but it was fun and well executed. As a sidenote, I cant imagine how bad the Wii's controls were before motionplus.

Its been a while since I got into a game like that. A weekend ago I went to a friend's house who had Rage, BF3 and MW3 for his PC (i'm a PC/fps guy too, no consoles of my own), and tbh none looked remotely interesting (Rage in particular looked bad, what a fail from id ). I'm probably going to buy either serious sam 3, skyrim, or batman; skyrim is interesting because of all the rave reviews but generally speaking I'm not very into fantasy RPGs, batman is probably the one I'd like most but I'm hearing its kind of short and disjointed, and serious sam is probably the one I'd use to like the most but Im not sure if my reflexes are still up to task

I'll probably end up waiting for them all to go on sale with all the DLC...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but I don't do the nerd gaming like Skyrim. And the campaign is infinitely more enjoyable than Battlefield.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My nephew brought his wii to my house about a month ago, still hasnt taken it home yet. I tried several games but none really captured my interest, probably the best of what he had was metroid prime and kirby's epic yarn (though the other kids that come over really liked the wii sports stuff and just dance). So last week I went out and bought skyward sword (for him, really!), just beat it last night, it was pretty damn good. It seems like its the only motion based game that doesnt feel like a total gimmick (though you still feel and look like an idiot raising the control above your head and flapping about). I guess it wasnt really ground breaking or anything, but like Ocarina of Time it was a well crafted adventure with a good mix of puzzles, action, exploration, good music, etc. I enjoyed it enough to plow through it pretty quick (it helped I was sick a couple days so I could play while my kids were at kindergarten ). Its a kids game, but it was fun and well executed. As a sidenote, I cant imagine how bad the Wii's controls were before motionplus.

Its been a while since I got into a game like that. A weekend ago I went to a friend's house who had Rage, BF3 and MW3 for his PC (i'm a PC/fps guy too, no consoles of my own), and tbh none looked remotely interesting (Rage in particular looked bad, what a fail from id ). I'm probably going to buy either serious sam 3, skyrim, or batman; skyrim is interesting because of all the rave reviews but generally speaking I'm not very into fantasy RPGs, batman is probably the one I'd like most but I'm hearing its kind of short and disjointed, and serious sam is probably the one I'd use to like the most but Im not sure if my reflexes are still up to task

I'll probably end up waiting for them all to go on sale with all the DLC...
    The best thing about the Wii are the party games that the entire family can play. I like games like Tiger Woods golf for the Wii. Super Smash Bros is always fun, and so is Mario Kart. And you can't go wrong with Super Mario Wii.

The Wii is more of a family console than anything. It's intended to be light hearted fun, not serious gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    e TV videogames award is on

And Holy Crap at the world premiere of "The Last of Us"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Infinity Blade II

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skyrim>>>>>>>>>>>deus ex/arkham city>>>>>everything else.
    Skyrim > Deus Ex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

which is sad, because in a lot of ways, both Skyrim and Deus Ex were disappointing when compared to their predecessors.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but Damn can they make trailers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arkham s on Slyrim TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but I don't do the nerd gaming like Skyrim. And the campaign is infinitely more enjoyable than Battlefield.
    nerd gaming?

Wow there are more nerds in the world than I ever realized..

I played Gears 3, not a fan boy.. I never played the second one, but it was MEH at best..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nerd gaming. Isn't all ing gaming nerd gaming?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Nerd gaming. Isn't all ing gaming nerd gaming?
    Nah, bruh. COD, Madden = cool gaming. Skyrim, Zelda = nerd gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if zelda is nerd gaming im a freakn dork lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COD, Madden, Gears of War games are like the Black Eyed Peas/Nickelbacks of the world. Just mass produced to turn a buck while the masses file in droves to the stores and pick it up. Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly fine if you're into that but calling games like Skyrim "nerd gaming" is laughable.

And no I'm not a hipster when it comes to gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Holy Crap at the world premiere of "The Last of Us"
    Looks badass. It has that "Uncharted' vibe to it seeing as it's from Naughty Dog and looks incredible but another zombie game, ugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah 'nerd gaming' is pretty stupid but I don't get why it's funny to say your game of the year is GoW3, if that's the guys opinion I don't see what's so funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and for me it's Football Manager 2012, i've sunk so many hours into that game and is a must for any Soccer/Football fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    As far as gameplay goes Gears is pretty damn solid. It's got that snap to it (in several ways) that's just really rewarding. The reload mechanic alone is very satisfying. Great, great gameplay.

Too bad it's got that whole quasi -erotic/completely over the top jocular vibe tacked onto it. Makes it far less compelling than the system would otherwise allow.

Don't call Skyrim 'a nerd game'. This is 2011. Everybody in America is into some sort of 'nerdy' . And yeah, at least Skyrim's lead character isn't a walking phallic symbol.
    Last edited by balli; 12-11-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Holy , I thought you died.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I'm with you, I'm currently playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the first time.
    Wow. My most ridiculous gaming memory is associated with that game.

Skipped Thanksgiving, ate Slim Jim's from a local gas station on turkey day and played it non-stop for 30 some hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wwe '12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any game you're going to sink 100 hours into is Nerd Gaming. Don't try to convince yourself of anything different, nerds.

Thread Information