Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers made a trade within the rules of the league.
    The owners of the Hornets didn't want to make it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers made a trade within the rules of the league.
    But the league owns the Hornets.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You have to admit though, sending one of the NBA elite to a notoriously pampered franchise right out of the "lockout to make the league more compe ive" was going to raise eyebrows.
    That's the comedy in it:::Paul being an NBA elite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless to who we get, Odom must go.
    He didn't cry any more than you did this morning.
    Sweetie, can you tell them to stop picking on me. The lol thread has worn out its welcome... real talk.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why?

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He didn't cry any more than you did this morning.
    Look at Dumper, easin' on down into the ca-ca.

Ya look pisser!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the comedy in it:::Paul being an NBA elite.
    If you break it down to positions, Paul is an elite in his position.

Of course, Laker fan thinks 5 Kobe's would be a great team, but let's be adults here; Chris Paul is one of the top two PGs in the league.

Anyone who thinks Paul isn't an elite player has an agenda or doesn't know the game.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In all of Cubans fury I hope he realizes he just potentially helped the Lakers. If a Dwight deal wasn't coming this was a lateral move at best. Now it frees us up to focus on Dwight without the threat of having no frontcourt at all.

If that happens, all bets are off and maybe CP3 ends up here anyway. Get Dwight, THEN Paul. Its the natural order of things.
    You cant't be that much of an idiot can you?? Everybody with a brain ing knows that if that Paul trade went down then it was a foregone conclusion that a Dwight for Bynum swap was coming next. No way to slice it Stern and the owners knew what was coming and had no choice but to stop it. This wasn't so much about the Paul trade it was more about what everyone and they grandma knew was coming up next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody flops.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't think it would have been NEARLY as big of an issue if it werent for the fact that the Hornets are owned by the NBA. If another team did it, there might have been a little complaint, but not enough to get it blocked most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luva has a point. Odom is brain ed now. He either mans up and destroys the field, or he sandbags all season.

Hard to know.

Trade rumors had Tony Parker working extra hard to keep his spot, but Lamar is past where Tony was and Tony wasn't told he was traded already.

Kinda like the Dallas deal with Devin Harris a few years back, I forget who else was in it that was also traded before the trade was blocked. That was awkward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it would have been NEARLY as big of an issue if it werent for the fact that the Hornets are owned by the NBA. If another team did it, there might have been a little complaint, but not enough to get it blocked most likely.
    Exactly.

There's no telling what an actual owner would have done in this case, but trading your expiring franchise player's contract for multiple years of Scola and Martin and no picks doesn't seem like the smartest business move on its face.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So the precedent has been set. In order to be fair to the Lakers, whoever gets Paul needs to give up MORE than the NBA 6th Man of the Year and a big man who was an all star last season and multiple times in his career.

Stern better stick to that standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corporations have to avoid the appearance of impropriety. That's been true for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the precedent has been set. In order to be fair to the Lakers, whoever gets Paul needs to give up MORE than the NBA 6th Man of the Year and a big man who was an all star last season and multiple times in his career.

Or else what?

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Luva has a point.
    me. You siding Luva.

Night all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, they have to give up better than two people who got swept in the 2nd round by a midget and Peja.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Depends. As far as what NO is trying to do, expiring deals and lottery picks is much more valuable than that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bynum is the only one who must go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    me. You siding Luva.

Night all.
    Not siding, but I can see where he's going.

Also, Lamar would be a nice fit in SA, where this classless never happens.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL is this the NBA or a fantasy football league?
    And doesn't the Lakers (and the league) making big bucks benefit the rest of the teams, since thet are sharing revenue?

And LOL Stern, he has become a gaping pussy. I know he always worked for the owners ...but Stern used to run like a "Don" ...know he cow-tows ...to rank and file. It's quite unseemly ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You cant't be that much of an idiot can you?? Everybody with a brain ing knows that if that Paul trade went down then it was a foregone conclusion that a Dwight for Bynum swap was coming next. No way to slice it Stern and the owners knew what was coming and had no choice but to stop it. This wasn't so much about the Paul trade it was more about what everyone and they grandma knew was coming up next.
    No it wasn't. Orlando's front office is under death threats of making that trade, they could trade Howard wherever they wanted regardless of if he wants LA or not because teams would probably trade for him without promise of extension. Or just let him walk in the summer. Which the GM and fans would possibly rather do than trade him to LA after the Shaq fiasco in the 90's.

LA could have traded for CP and Orlando just decides " LA, rot here and sign there for pennies this summer if you want mother er".

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Yes

Passing on 2 scrubs who averaged 25 pts COMBINED in the playoffs last year is a good start.

Thread Information