Selfish asshole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 goals and six are from penalty. 'nuff said

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I can't watch this game but I'm certain ronaldo has gone into witness protection like he usually does for El classicos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't watch this game but I'm certain ronaldo has gone into witness protection like he usually does for El classicos.
    Pretty much. Had at least 2 decent chances where he could've scored, but he kept his standard in Barca games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Cristiano Chokenaldo

Seriously it was pretty evident (and kind of sad) today how ansious he gets in these matches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just about the choking

But RMAO could have been up 2-0 or 3-1 if Gaynaldo passed the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL failure continuation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just about the choking

But RMAO could have been up 2-0 or 3-1 if Gaynaldo passed the ball
    Not only passing the ball, he missed like 3 clear shots at goal.. if you're as "great" as you claim to be he should have capitalized... he is being overpaid, he's not needed on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know how he has many fans. He's such a . Its hard beeing a RM fan with him on the damn team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not only passing the ball, he missed like 3 clear shots at goal.. If you're as "great" as you claim to be he should have capitalized... He is being overpaid, he's not needed on that team.
    don't know how he has many fans. He's such a . Its hard beeing a rm fan with him on the damn team.
    +1000

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ronaldo is a one-dimensional player. He's just out to score. He's useless as if he can't put the ball past the keeper.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's because he's rich and handsome, you ing haters.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the main problem with Ronaldo is that in order to be as y as he is, you need to be perfection encarnate. I mean, no mistakes whatsoever, otherwise you'll be villified from not living up to your own hype. The world just loves confidence when you can back your up. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass, like Ronaldo usually is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ronaldo is a one-dimensional player. He's just out to score. He's useless as if he can't put the ball past the keeper.
    Nothing wrong with being one-dimensional as long as you can be bring the goods consistently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ronaldo isn't one dimensional at all. He can do pretty much everything attacking wise on the pitch. He's just not as good as Messi which is the standard everyone compares him to.

Also if you weren't all too busy hating on him, you would realize that this season he has been a lot less selfish, even in Sunday's game he gave away some chances for shooting to goal to pass for his team mates. He's also 3rd in assists in La Liga, only one behind Messi.

Still he chocked as usual against Barca, so criticism is fair in that regard, yes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ronaldo isn't one dimensional at all. He can do pretty much everything attacking wise on the pitch. He's just not as good as Messi which is the standard everyone compares him to.

Also if you weren't all too busy hating on him, you would realize that this season he has been a lot less selfish, even in Sunday's game he gave away some chances for shooting to goal to pass for his team mates. He's also 3rd in assists in La Liga, only one behind Messi.

Still he chocked as usual against Barca, so criticism is fair in that regard, yes.
    its not about what he can do. Its about the frequency and the quality of the other things he does besides scoring. he shoots when he should pass, when he does pass he mistimes it, citing stats is irrelevant in soccer. There is no shotclock, the usage models are totally different with more players and even in sports were stats do work, you have the same inherent problem that not all hits, goals, or dunks are equal. Its not the same to make get a hit because of a lucky bounce or outfield mistake as it is to make a perfect linedrive; its not the same to dunk in traffic over a defender than to cherry pick a fast break; its not the same to ride all of england down to the goal line for a sure thing than to tap in a good cross.

and actually I dont think it would be fine if he didnt get those passes but he made sure to bury those chances; even Alexis Sanchez outplayed Ronaldo, because even if Sanchez suffers from the same difficulty to decide when to shoot/pass, he at least pressures the whole field and recovers some balls for his team. I hate this argument that CR is more well rounded, when he rarely even bothers to press, let alone recover. The fact that he is taller does not make him a better aerial player than say messi, rooney, etc etc. He's a quick player with good technique and good athleticism, but to me he just doesnt have the weighted effect on a game the way a true star should. I wouldnt have a problem with him, except that people insist he's great and he believes them. He's definitely not better than Bergkamp; thats not an insult, I wish I played a hundredth of Bergkamp, but some people have convinced themselves he is in top 10 all time territory and its just not true, even in manchester you could tell. between the choking, the posturing and the pouting he is a very difficult player to like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem is on RM, their midfield nearly everyone there plays the same style of football, all ball dominant players...ozil, di maria plays attackn football, at least they usually pass the ball

they should try removing ronaldo from one game and see how it goes next time they play barca

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they should try removing ronaldo from one game and see how it goes next time they play barca
    I thought about that

But Jose won't do it

I mean, it's not a club, we are talking about the Portuguese NT here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that'd never happen...Mourinho will never bench Ronaldo for an important match, especially against Barca. Could you imagine Ronaldo's response . He'd publicly make a mess out of it, but deep down inside he would be so relieved to not play as he wouldn't take any blame for a loss, and has been dominated time and time again.

Like diego said, the problem is basically his at ude. He doesn't work to regain possession. If he isn't being fed the ball throughout the game, it's like he's not even playing. You should expect more out of a player if he's argued as the best in the world...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not about what he can do. Its about the frequency and the quality of the other things he does besides scoring. he shoots when he should pass, when he does pass he mistimes it, citing stats is irrelevant in soccer. There is no shotclock, the usage models are totally different with more players and even in sports were stats do work, you have the same inherent problem that not all hits, goals, or dunks are equal. Its not the same to make get a hit because of a lucky bounce or outfield mistake as it is to make a perfect linedrive; its not the same to dunk in traffic over a defender than to cherry pick a fast break; its not the same to ride all of england down to the goal line for a sure thing than to tap in a good cross.

and actually I dont think it would be fine if he didnt get those passes but he made sure to bury those chances; even Alexis Sanchez outplayed Ronaldo, because even if Sanchez suffers from the same difficulty to decide when to shoot/pass, he at least pressures the whole field and recovers some balls for his team. I hate this argument that CR is more well rounded, when he rarely even bothers to press, let alone recover. The fact that he is taller does not make him a better aerial player than say messi, rooney, etc etc. He's a quick player with good technique and good athleticism, but to me he just doesnt have the weighted effect on a game the way a true star should. I wouldnt have a problem with him, except that people insist he's great and he believes them. He's definitely not better than Bergkamp; thats not an insult, I wish I played a hundredth of Bergkamp, but some people have convinced themselves he is in top 10 all time territory and its just not true, even in manchester you could tell. between the choking, the posturing and the pouting he is a very difficult player to like.
    My argument was that he isn't a one dimensional player as some were suggesting. I think that's pretty clear to anyone who knows football.

In any case I have to note the irony of you not valuing stats or facts, but instead give a bunch of subjective opinions. I keep the conversation on the football level, while you come up with the intangibles and personality defects to make your case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought about that

But Jose won't do it

I mean, it's not a club, we are talking about the Portuguese NT here
    Trust me, Mourinho would throw Ronaldo under the bus if he thought that would help him win a tle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In any case I have to note the irony of you not valuing stats or facts, but instead give a bunch of subjective opinions. I keep the conversation on the football level, while you come up with the intangibles and personality defects to make your case.
    there is a difference between stats and facts, and I gave you clear examples of where those differences exist. simply put, not all stats are facts. if you believe that stats are the be all and end all, go to IFFHS and look at the top scorers, you are bound to find dozens if not hundreds of completely unknown Arab and Asian players rubbing elbows with all time elites. the same happens in all sports, but in soccer its much worse than the others. Is it that easy to forget that math and science are built from -gasp- subjective opinions? Just because I'm not citing Ronaldo's assist totals, doesnt mean I'm not speaking on a football level.
    FACT: Wayne Rooney is a much more effective aerial threat than Ronaldo despite being shorter.
    Would you dispute this? Where is the stat that says taller players are automatically better at executing headers?
    Assists are a mixed bag. Its not the same to thread the needle or make a perfect 60mt lob pass or pass it out to the side or shovel in a generic cross. Do you consider Di Maria to be a better playmaker than Iniesta or Xavi? he has more assists than both combined. I dont even think Di Maria's mom would choose him over xavi/iniesta if she needed to produce offense for her team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, and mou would probably get ronaldo half way to the bus before Perez and the sponsors throw him under the train. This is all beckham all over again, with the difference being that beckham at least tried to be a gentleman about it, while Ronaldo acts like an en led brat.

Thread Information