Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, you can start a tradition of watching It's a Wonderful Life and mocking the characters Mystery Science Theatre 3000 style.
    Who would watch that piece of obvious Communist propaganda?

http://boingboing.net/2006/12/24/old...o-its-a-w.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We usually pick the weakest member of our village and burn them alive, seeing as how we have no morals but still need warmth and entertainment while everything is closed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Darrin S brings up an excellent point you spineless hypocrites of this forum talk about religion and creation then after you log off ST you open presents with family on Xmas day.

you all just got p3n'd by DarrinS and don't even realized it I may now have to edit my top 10 political posters list.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why must atheists be precluded from giving gifts, mouse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin S brings up an excellent point you spineless hypocrites of this forum talk about religion and creation then after you log off ST you open presents with family on Xmas day.

you all just got p3n'd by DarrinS and don't even realized it I may now have to edit my top 10 political posters list.
    Lol xmas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why must atheists be precluded from giving gifts, mouse?
    I don't believe anyone claimed they were precluded; the claim is that they are hypocrites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good question really, since there isn't much difference from Jesus and Santa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe anyone claimed they were precluded; the claim is that they are hypocrites.
    Well that's pretty stupid. Gift giving existed well before the Jesus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Either claim is lame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's pretty stupid. Gift giving existed well before the Jesus.
    It is when, where and in what spirit, I believe Darrin was making a point about. If there is an evergreen tree in the room; if there are lights on it. If the paper is, predominantly, green and red; if there are certain seasonal songs playing in the background, then, yes, those atheists are, in fact, not just exchanging gifts, but are taking part in the celebration of the birth of Emmanuel, the Messiah, the Prince of Peace, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Redeemer and Savior, Jesus Christ.

If you, Chumpdumper, just happen to walk over to your parents house sometime in the next month and hand them a present, saying, "I thought you'd like this". Then you get a pass.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Or I could just stick to mocking you ST political forum style.
    I want to be Tom Servo!

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how Atheists make a big deal about the Jesus myth not having a place in their homes or schools, but allow their kids to celebrate the Santa myth only to eventually reveal to them that it's all a lie. There's probably no god but there's certainly no Santa... so I guess the least that us Conservatives can do is let the Atheists have something positive to celebrate even if it's only in their own heads. The rest of us know the truth - so let's all just stimulate the economy in the meantime!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @TB:

better do it fast. i might steal it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It is when, where and in what spirit, I believe Darrin was making a point about. If there is an evergreen tree in the room; if there are lights on it. If the paper is, predominantly, green and red; if there are certain seasonal songs playing in the background, then, yes, those atheists are, in fact, not just exchanging gifts, but are taking part in the celebration of the birth of Emmanuel, the Messiah, the Prince of Peace, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Redeemer and Savior, Jesus Christ.

If you, Chumpdumper, just happen to walk over to your parents house sometime in the next month and hand them a present, saying, "I thought you'd like this". Then you get a pass.
    Actually, I can do all of those things without celebrating the birth of Jesus.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    @TB:

better do it fast. i might steal it.
    You would make a better Crow tbh.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better question, is how are people who claim to be Christians honoring Christ the other 364 days a year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I can do all of those things without celebrating the birth of Jesus.
    Reread what I posted. I didn't say you had to be celebrating the birth of Jesus, just that you were, in fact, taking part in that celebration.

Semantics, I know. But it's true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are ignorant to the meanings then no they aren't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better question, is how are people who claim to be Christians honoring Christ the other 364 days a year?
    That IS a GREAT question. One posed by my preacher two days ago, in fact.

The discussion involved the food bank, whose shelves get filled in December, but dwindle in July. Shame on us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Purchasing a customized texas license plate is a good start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So where are Christmas trees and lights in the Bible?

It's just as valid to say Christians are partaking in Egyptian and Roman pagan traditions when they put up a tree inside during the winter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are ignorant to the meanings then no they aren't.
    Agree to Disagree.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Reread what I posted. I didn't say you had to be celebrating the birth of Jesus, just that you were, in fact, taking part in that celebration.

Semantics, I know. But it's true.
    Are you proposing that taking part is not equal to celebrating?
    I would think that there is an internal component to be applied to celebrating the birth of Jesus that is not a prerequisite to taking place in a celebration?

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    365 in Leap Years.

Thread Information