My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Stern Retirement

David Stern is being rumored to step down from his duties as NBA commissioner after this season, according to “sports gossiper” Terez Owens.

According to the tipster,

“He is embarrassed at the way the media has ripped him for the Chris Paul Trade fiasco, and doesn’t want his legacy tarnished any further. Now that the lockout is over, and the Collective Bargaining is good for another 10 years, Stern feels after this season is a good time to step down as any. Deputy commissioner Adam Silver is rumored to take over if Stern steps down.”

My problems with this rumor are that the CBA isn’t good for 10 years, both sides have an opt-out option in six which will more than likely be used. It’s not the best time for Stern to step down because of all the damage he has caused to his reputation, and Adam Silver has long been thought to be the next commissioner. It’s not some radical new revelation.

But taken at face value, this rumor must come true if the league wants to restore their legitimacy and start gaining credibility again after Stern killed it during the lockout and Chris Paul fiascos.

He’s been a public relations nightmare over these past few months and has cemented his status as a full-blown, over-controlling maniac of a commissioner by rejecting the three-way Lakers, Rockets, Hornets CP3 deal and then having the audacity to ask for the entire Clippers roster plus draft picks for “his” point guard.

New Orleans GM Dell Demps was cast aside and proven to be the puppet many front offices suspected he was, but Stern thinly tried to hide that until the first trade went down.

It’s bad enough Stern is allowed to run the league, but it’s even worse now that he is running one of the teams whose best player is actively trying to be traded.

Hopefully he retires before the end of the season so Silver, or whoever else is selected to replace him, can start cleaning up his mess and getting this league back on track.

http://www.nbaarena.com/en/news/1107...ern-retirement

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He doesn't want to work under the firm hand and watching eye of the small market owners.

Gilbert in Cleveland has made this point his life's work, and he ain't letting up.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? This last offseason has me thinking more and more that he gets off on power tripping and doesn't give a about his legacy. He'll retire when they find his ass dead and slumped over the desk in his office.

Thread Information