My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muggers don’t wan’t BlackBerries and Androids, opt for iPhones instead

Since the launch and rise of Apple’s coveted iPhone the mainstream media has been quick to jump on any story where thieves are specifically targeting Apple users. Usually due to the fact the iPhone is seen as high-end, luxury device in comparison to its Android counterparts, despite now having an entry price tag lower than most of its comparable compe ors.
    While the price isn’t preventing the average smartphone user from grabbing an iPhone anymore, thieves still seem to be targeting iPhone users, presumably for their high resale value, with a report from NBC New York profiling a pair of robbers in upper Manhattan choosing to not take Android and other non-iPhone devices found on their victims.
    A pair of would-be robbers targeting Columbia students in upper Manhattan seem to be rather picky as they prowl. Twice at 526 114th St., and once at 556 114th St., the suspects demanded the victims hand over their iPhones, police said. The first victim complied, but the second only had a Droid, according to police. The thieves apparently didn’t want a Droid — so they took cash instead.
    While one student notes, “I think it speaks to the resale value of an iPhone,” another said, “It’s insulting they don’t want my BlackBerry.” Another student interviewed by NBC on the nearby Columbia campus said, “I don’t like mine [BlackBerry], I’m waiting to get an iPhone myself”. Police have yet to catch their two suspects, but are hoping someone recognizes the men shown briefly in snapshots in the video above, and one suspect caught on surveillance video here.

Videos here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oWwGilxhhcg

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=1326524139001

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well black berries require you to at least have the basic knowledge of the American alphabet to operate. THOSE people usually drop out of school early and turn to the life of crime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snobby thieves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iphones if urs get stolen, all u need is call up the carrier u got it from and they will brick ur iphone imei blocked...theres no way around it, then it becomes a useless ipod

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! The list of Android phone-specific features continues to grow!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe because Android has this:

https://market.android.com/details?i...bs.planb&hl=en

And iPhone doesn't?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well black berries require you to at least have the basic knowledge of the American alphabet to operate. THOSE people usually drop out of school early and turn to the life of crime.
    BB's are total and utter .

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can see an iPhone's location with find my iPhone and wipe it remotely if you need to, or set a passcode lock remotely. it's not the same, but it serves the same purpose. this thread is stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They vs had that for a long time

?

Thread Information