Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, Green >>>>>>>>> Leonard >> JA

The odd thing about Green is he has always been doubted by NBA scouts because he's supposedly a B athlete, especially moving laterally. That's the main reason why he fell in the draft.

I'm not sure what type of training Green did during the lockout but he's suddenly a pretty damn good athlete with extremely quick feet. Odd timing on transformation .... but the Spurs will definitely take it.

Who knew coming into the season that the best athlete out of Kawhi, JA and Green would be Green by a country mile.
    I definitely saw some of that yesterday, some Warriors players were getting past him very easily, the thing is that he hid that by playing with a lot of energy and making that block (once he already had goten beat off the drible by the way) on Ellis. Besides of all the things he did offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I find ironic about the Green/Bowen comparison is that Green is wearing Michael Finley's number - one of the worst defenders the Spurs have had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in. Pop is going to play him more just because he does what 2/3 of this roster refuses to do.

Play defense and play defense with no fear.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does anyone know how consistent of a shooter he is?

can he handle the ball / dribble in traffic?

this type of hype after couple of games reminds me of malik hairston. man, did i want that guy to succeed.

here's to hoping green is the real thing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrch66gdjjk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great game by DG ... but lets wait and watch some more games

Neal needs time with the Toros, because he is not in game shape to play any defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely saw some of that yesterday, some Warriors players were getting past him very easily, the thing is that he hid that by playing with a lot of energy and making that block (once he already had goten beat off the drible by the way) on Ellis. Besides of all the things he did offensively.
    Mistakes can be corrected but the team needs that defensive intensity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was fantastic. Hate to compare the two, but I saw a lot of Bowen in him on the court defending Ellis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job Danny.Very impressive. The silver light in Manu's injury is the extra playing time for Neal Anderson Green Leonard which will benefit later in the year. Defense and clutchness. Well done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, Green >>>>>>>>> Leonard >> JA

The odd thing about Green is he has always been doubted by NBA scouts because he's supposedly a B athlete, especially moving laterally. That's the main reason why he fell in the draft.

I'm not sure what type of training Green did during the lockout but he's suddenly a pretty damn good athlete with extremely quick feet. Odd timing on transformation .... but the Spurs will definitely take it.

Who knew coming into the season that the best athlete out of Kawhi, JA and Green would be Green by a country mile.
    I wouldn't jump on his bandwagon just yet. He played for Olimpija in Euroleague and Adriatic League. It's no surprise that he's already in midseason form, because as far as he's concerned this is midseason. We'll see how this team and players will look like in couple of months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job Danny.Very impressive. The silver light in Manu's injury is the extra playing time for Neal Anderson Green Leonard which will benefit later in the year. Defense and clutchness. Well done.
    how many more chances does a player really need? im talkin about JA here, whose ahead of green in the rotation...

gary neal did fine in his first game return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many more chances does a player really need? im talkin about JA here, whose ahead of green in the rotation...

gary neal did fine in his first game return
    As you're mentioning JA. The dude has barely played 10 games for us. That barely qualifies as a chance. He's basically a rookie not a second year player after last years injury. I wish the best for all the young dudes on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wont compare him to young jax, until he demands more minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't jump on his bandwagon just yet. He played for Olimpija in Euroleague and Adriatic League. It's no surprise that he's already in midseason form, because as far as he's concerned this is midseason. We'll see how this team and players will look like in couple of months.
    I don't understand your logic. Most players in midseason form will still continue to improve and hit a crescendo near the end. You're implying he's going to get worse (?).

Seems to me, if he's already in mid-season form now that means bigger, better things are still to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was fantastic. Hate to compare the two, but I saw a lot of Bowen in him on the court defending Ellis.
    Wow, that's a huge compliment. And here I thought his size and tools were most comparable to Doug Christie (a compliment still, for sure).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    am on the bus with this church!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a couple of Spurs games while in SA for the holidays.

The one thing I remember about the warmups was Danny Green nailing about five 3's in a row without even smiling. I knew the name but never thought much about him.

But that made me take notice. The guy is a great outside shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug Christie is a pretty good comparison. He just has contagious energy. JA and Leonard might be more athletic, but they are holding back for some reason.
    Danny just leaves it all out there every time he's in the game and it's refreshing and exciting to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be great if ja and kawhi were motivated to leave it out on the floor after seeing green go off like that last night. Kawhi for one seems really lost in the sauce and would probably benefit from a just go out there and play mindset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the Church of Danny Green I think it's only fair we follow Danny's lead from this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRmNkygo7k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His arms look longer in that photo than the actually do on TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop started to recognize his defensive intensity and fearlessness last year at the end of the season. Pop believes in rewarding good minutes with more minutes and I think Green will move up in the rotation.

At this point I'd put him above Anderson who seems to be having a sop re season funk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I'd put him above Anderson who seems to be having a sop re season funk.
    Like he had a freshman season?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand your logic. Most players in midseason form will still continue to improve and hit a crescendo near the end. You're implying he's going to get worse (?).

Seems to me, if he's already in mid-season form now that means bigger, better things are still to come.
    I think he was saying more about the other players' working into better form as the season goes on.

Thread Information