Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's contract is unguaranteed, so that changes things.
    To make it even less likely. They won’t guarantee him out of loyalty so option declined, remain over the cap and use the MLE to replace him while keeping Maxey who is already a WAY better prospect than anyone on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To make it even less likely. They won’t guarantee him out of loyalty so option declined, remain over the cap and use the MLE to replace him while keeping Maxey who is already a WAY better prospect than anyone on the Spurs.
    They could if they wanted to go with a lesser option. Maxey was already off the table once I found out that Danny was unguaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, the guarantee date is 1 July. Anyone know if after Brooklyn makes the Philly on draft night pick if the Stepien clock is reset immediately? Can we do this later in the draft?
    The clock resets immediately, but Philly isn't giving up an unprotected first for Richardson. Also they'd have to guarantee Green to trade him. Good for Danny. Not great for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clock resets immediately, but Philly isn't giving up an unprotected first for Richardson. Also they'd have to guarantee Green to trade him. Good for Danny. Not great for the Spurs.
    Is that any time after the February deadline?

Oh, and hypothetically, I was thinking lottery protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that any time after the February deadline?

Oh, and hypothetically, I was thinking lottery protected.
    Basically you can't use unguaranteed money to match anymore. The trading team can only count the guaranteed amount while the receiving team has to count the whole thing. Basically makes trades impossible.

And Philly owes a 2025 pick to Brooklyn I think. If so, the 2023 pick has to convey or expire in 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem I have with Ex static trades is that they are so unrealistic as to not be worth considering...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reports now saying it is multiple torn ligaments, the ACL and LCL.
    Ah . Yea that might be a career honestly. Hope I’m wrong, but that’s a 9-12 month recovery (the ACL is the more severe tear obv and what takes so long), and who knows what those knees will look like at almost 36 years old, esp for a guy who had already lost a step the past couple years. Tough for Verde man. He was a great Spur for a long time. Sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem I have with Ex static trades is that they are so unrealistic as to not be worth considering...
    Sometimes. I don't think a moderately protected first to turn an injured Green into a healthy Richardson is absurd. People have speculated that Philly might well guarantee him to use his contract for trades. I just think he was hoping the Spurs could move Richardson and keep their cap and that Philly had a free first to deal. It's unrealistic for those reasons but I've seen lopsided trades beyond that on many forums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enough Rivers, Morey and Harden schadenfreude
    Although to be honest I can't get enough

Chapeau bas Danny Green
    Twice cut now 3X NBA champ
    Also NCAA champ.
    3 of your college teammates where drafted in the first round before you where drafted in the second round and all have had forgettable NBA careers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hats off Danny great career tbh.. helped by the fact opponents were letting him wide open

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the memories Danny, big piece of the beautiful game. He has nothing left to prove, had a great career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy he and the Admiral made similar amount from salary in their careers.
    If you adjust for inflation Drob made around 160-180 mil in todays money total.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We dont have assets for Maxey. 76ers will not make deal Maxey for #8 so for JRich is nonsens at all.
    from Ers perspective. In Philly Maxey has higher value than Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you adjust for inflation Drob made around 160-180 mil in todays money total.
    Fair point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe his second year at 10M is a team option. They ain’t picking that up. I think it’s time to move on D Verde. Great playing career. 3 NBA les and 1 College championship making 100+ million in gross salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe his second year at 10M is a team option. They ain’t picking that up. I think it’s time to move on D Verde. Great playing career. 3 NBA les and 1 College championship making 100+ million in gross salary.
    It's not a team option. It's non-guaranteed. In this situation, that distinction matters. What it means to be "non-guaranteed" can change depending on the situation. The highest level of guarantee is guaranteed "for lack of skill". That's basically guaranteed for anything that's not like going to prison and having your contract voided. Most NBA contracts are guaranteed like this as a matter of course. But you can also have a guarantee for injury specifically. It's possible Green's contract has that guaranteed, but because it didn't have the higher guarantee, it wasn't reported that way. I hope so for his case, because the CBA says non-guaranteed contracts are only guaranteed for injury during the current season. So he picked one of the worst times possible to get hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Embiid unnecessarily flopping all over the place. Was only a matter of time before he hurt somebody. Dude is way too big for all that bull . Never seen a player fall as much as he does. Ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/post/feat...9-9292be039af0

Why Danny Green sound like Drake after two tequila shots LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green says he will be back by AS break and he won’t let this be the end.

76ers have till July 1 to guarantee his contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green says he will be back by AS break and he won’t let this be the end.

76ers have till July 1 to guarantee his contract.
    He has great optimism but nobody comes back from an ACL tear in less than a year. It has never been done before at least in basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has great optimism but nobody comes back from an ACL tear in less than a year. It has never been done before at least in basketball.
    Spencer Dinwiddle just did it this past season in roughly nine months tbh. Doubt Green is back that soon considering his age and the severity of his tear (both ACL and LCL) but there have been several players who have come back in less than a year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spencer Dinwiddle just did it this past season in roughly nine months tbh. Doubt Green is back that soon considering his age and the severity of his tear (both ACL and LCL) but there have been several players who have come back in less than a year.
    I think Spencer's ACL was a partial tear. Is Danny's a full tear or partial tear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spencer's ACL was a partial tear. Is Danny's a full tear or partial tear?
    Full tear but the recovery time is the same for either tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Green’s contract is now partially guaranteed with the trade and Memphis plans to guarantee him. Would love to see him get healthy and contribute to their playoff run next year!!

Thread Information