Eat Tacos.Lift Stones. Dinamita's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So this NlGGA has been calling out that little NlGGa for a these past few months and his camp keeps backpedaling and trying to move the fight after May 5 knowing full well that Floyd can't fight after May 5 cuz he bout to get locked up. That clown Arum don't want his cash cow anywhere near Floyd. So this NlGGA gets on the phone and straight up calls Pac in philipines telling hime to get his ass in the ring.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., who for the past two weeks has been relentlessly calling for fellow welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao to fight him on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, raised the chase to a new level on Wednesday night -- he called Pacquiao on the telephone and spoke directly with him in the Philippines.

"They spoke," Leonard Ellerbe, one of Mayweather's advisers, told ESPN.com on Thursday.

However, Ellerbe would not go into the particulars of the call -- what was said or how long they spoke.

"Floyd called him last night and the context of the conversation is between the two of them," said Ellerbe, who said Mayweather told him the specifics after making the call but did not want Ellerbe to go into details.

However, in an interview with a Filipino television network, Pacquiao also said that they spoke and that it was about making the fight and doing it on a 50-50 purse split.

Their proposed showdown looms as the richest fight in boxing history if it takes place while both are universally considered the two best fighters in the world.

Ellerbe said Mayweather placed the call from Las Vegas, where he lives, to the Philippines, where Pacquiao lives and serves as a member of Congress.

"I can't say what exactly was said but I know," Ellerbe said. "But Floyd wants to fight Manny Pacquiao on May 5 and he went as far as to reach out to Manny Pacquiao personally last night. Floyd has shown more than a willingness to get this fight done and this is really, really what he wants to do and what he wants to give to the fight fans."
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...manny-pacquiao

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Couple months of calling out pac makes up for 3 years of ducking pacman. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So after Mayweather pulled back with all that testing BS now all of sudden is desperate for this fight which it'd be a tad early for Manny to be back to? Why dont they fight when he finishes his jail time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the two little s sure know how to build up anticipation...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the two little s sure know how to build up anticipation...
    Exactly....too the point where its over played. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 washed out boxers. this should have happened 2 years ago.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    /thread

I don't give a if it ever happens; Floyd was a with his cheapshot KO and Manny got handled by JMM. No way this fight could ever live up to the hype now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floyd turns 35 soon so he's probably already a little past his prime and Manny looked awful against JMM yet again. This should have happened 2 or 3 years ago. Boxing just shoots itself in the foot again and again with this crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater, with the goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make the deal already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    /thread

I don't give a if it ever happens; Floyd was a with his cheapshot KO and Manny got handled by JMM. No way this fight could ever live up to the hype now.
    Summed it up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yah...everyone is over it...if it happens, it'll be a pleasant surprise...if it dont...no one cares.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't have been a problem had Floyd's baby-momma possessed Manny's skills at ducking Money tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fights not happening...manny asked for 50/50. Mayweather said no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    51% of a fight that will make them like 50 mil each or 49% of a fight that will make them 50 mil each.. Fights on at 51% but off at 49%..

Are these guys for in real?

Thread Information