Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan has a good game or two and everyone starts premature ejaculating. He's had far more bad games than good this season. Did everyone suddenly forget about him missing a point blank layup to tie the game with the championship on the line and then starting the season looking like an 80 year old cucked sexual? We'll see how he is come playoff season, hopefully he pleasantly surprises.
    He was our best player in those finals and DID MORE than enough for us to win in 6 games, yet you cite one miss he had to tie a game as his fault? Stop it.
    Duncan was not the only reason the Spurs got so far but I'll admit he was a big part of it. Duncan was incredible last year no doubt but he may very well have blown his last load missing that layup. Time will tell.
    I love how the shot turns into a layup now? I doubt he blew his last load too. That was a hook shot from close in and it was off yes, but I think you are putting too much into that one shot as him being done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was our best player in those finals and DID MORE than enough for us to win in 6 games, yet you cite one miss he had to tie a game as his fault? Stop it.
    Right? Some people smdh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? That one miss was a big miss and yeah it was and is a big fault considering the season and the trophy were on the line. Does that mean he was garbage? No. I already stated Duncan was a beast last year but that he may very well be done this year. The guy is old, no shame in that possibility.

I love how the shot turns into a layup now? I doubt he blew his last load too. That was a hook shot from close in and it was off yes, but I think you are putting too much into that one shot as him being done.
    It's not just that shot I base my su ion more off of how Duncan started the season. Just because Duncan has had a couple of good games doesn't inspire me to start bumping threads like this one. At the same time I don't KNOW he's done but it's a worthy su ion, yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater
    defending TP
    0 credibility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? That one miss was a big miss and yeah it was and is a big fault considering the season and the trophy were on the line. Does that mean he was garbage? No. I already stated Duncan was a beast last year but that he may very well be done this year. The guy is old, no shame in that possibility.

It's not just that shot I base my su ion more off of how Duncan started the season. Just because Duncan has had a couple of good games doesn't inspire me to start bumping threads like this one. At the same time I don't KNOW he's done but it's a worthy su ion, yes.
    His shot was off, maybe that is coming back some? It can happen to anyone and thats why it's an 82 game season not a 10 game season or so. Everyone will fall off eventually that part is very true but mostly due to athleticism fading and Tim has not relied on that and that works for him.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? That one miss was a big miss and yeah it was and is a big fault considering the season and the trophy were on the line.
    Actually, this is incorrect. Tim Duncan's shot in game 7 would not have won the game since the spurs were down by at least 2 at that time IIRC. Plus, Lebron made a long 2 on the other end immediately after, putting the heat up by at least 4. Basically, the Heat were already champs at that point.

Tim Duncan making that shot gives the spurs maybe a 5-10% chance of a comeback, but that depends on another speculative possession that never happened and another shot that nobody took. Remember also that the Heat had massive momentum at that point in the game, making shots all over the place, Battier banking in 3s, basically half-courters going in. Lebron unstoppable from long range.

Let's be honest with ourselves: the spurs were never going to win a game 7 in Miami. Game 6 was the only realistic shot, and they came pretty damn close. Lebron doesn't lose game sevens.
    Last edited by Juggity; 12-04-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by the way, this thread is still goddamn terrible, two years later.

OP should unplug from spurstalk and cool off for a few years imo. Might improve his posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, this is incorrect. Tim Duncan's shot in game 7 would not have won the game since the spurs were down by at least 3 at that time IIRC. Plus, Lebron made a long 2 on the other end immediately after, putting the heat up by at least 5. Basically, the Heat were already champs at that point.

Tim Duncan making that shot gives the spurs maybe a 5-10% chance of a comeback, but that depends on another speculative possession that never happened and another shot that nobody took. Remember also that the Heat had massive momentum at that point in the game, making shots all over the place, Battier banking in 3s, basically half-courters going in. Lebron unstoppable from long range.

Let's be honest with ourselves: the spurs were never going to win a game 7 in Miami. Game 6 was the only realistic shot, and they came pretty damn close. Lebron doesn't lose game sevens.
    If Tim makes that shot and ties it I would bet Lebron still hits that shot and the Spurs lose in that game 7. I never once had a feeling they would win that game 7 on the road, never ever. They were close the whole time and took a brief two point lead until Neal F'ed up on D on the last play of the third and gave them a three. Their game was game 6 and TIM did more than enough to bring that le home and Pop sitting him and a missed FT or two and lucky shots just ended that and that is all she wrote. The Spurs like you said though were never going to win that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs don't let Lebron lose game sevens.
    fixed it

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He was the only reason the Spurs were in that game 7 and he was easily the best Spurs player in the playoffs, tbh, sorry b..
    Their shouldn't have been a game 7. Tony Parker was the Spurs best player heading into the finals and up until he tweaked his hamstring. It's the only reason your Heat won.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Actually, this is incorrect. Tim Duncan's shot in game 7 would not have won the game since the spurs were down by at least 2 at that time IIRC. Plus, Lebron made a long 2 on the other end immediately after, putting the heat up by at least 4. Basically, the Heat were already champs at that point.

The Spurs were down two when Duncan missed that awkward hook shot and then the tip in. What goes unnoticed is how bad Leonard played in the final 2 minutes. He took a transition three with 18 seconds on the shot clock with the Spurs down two instead of setting up a play for the offense. Then, he played a good five feet off of Lebron when he camly shot his walk up 15 foot game clinching basket.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were down two when Duncan missed that awkward hook shot and then the tip in. What goes unnoticed is how bad Leonard played in the final 2 minutes. He took a transition three with 18 seconds on the shot clock with the Spurs down two instead of setting up a play for the offense. Then, he played a good five feet off of Lebron when he camly shot his walk up 15 foot game clinching basket.
    I still wonder if Pop wanted Leonard to give Lebron that much space the whole game, especially on that last shot? Surely Pop didn't want that much space the whole game did he? Leonard ed up IMO. Seeing Pop get mad at Kawhi at the end of the Hawks game, makes me think that Pop isn't happy with Kawhi giving players as much space as he sometimes does for them to get their shots off with ease.

Looking back at the finals, I think Kawhi made mistakes in those last two games that cost us. I didn't like that three that he took either. He just made one before that, but I wasn't sure about him jacking up one with that much time left on the shot clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sagging off LeBron and letting him take long jumpers and 3s was the game plan though and our guys stuck to it. It worked up until crunch time when the er started hitting them. They were giving up WAY to much space in the end though that it's like he was shooting uncontested shots, they shoulda been a bit closer on D to at least make him question the shot. Spurs kinda ed up the defensive philosophy by backing off too much and continuing to give a player who was heating up that kinda room

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP knows his basketball.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this stage. in my humble opinion Splitter > Duncan.

simples as that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMHO Splitter needs to take all TD's minutes and TD needs to come from the bench. IMHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He just doesnt know basketball. has been wrong on 110% of his post. I like a good troll but this old goose needs to drop this name ASAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh Splitter is our best bigman. There is no doubt in my mind and I was right on that one too tbh

If Splitter was not such a soft pussy he'd probably be on the standards as Tyson Chandler. Key bigmen. Too bad the brazilian is made of brazilian cotton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater is an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last 20 games Duncan is averaging 16.7 points 11.6 rebounds 3.0 assists 2.0 blocks on .504% in 30.5 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Misleading le.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hopefully you're not just coming to this conclusion now.
    This fact is pretty obvious. Most of us have know this ever since he posted about Manu.
    Hater is a troll, pure and simple.

Thread Information