Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman would get drafted #5 overall in next years draft if he was from overseas

If I were San Antonio I'd trade them Jefferson or some
    CROFL @ Stern ever agreeing the take the and its remaining 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade martin for him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thabeet, Hill, Flynn, Williams are still under contract next year...and nobody of them has shown till now a real "market value". None of them looks to be in Houston's plans not for this season nor for the future.
    So, without picks included, it would be just a trade for Houston best interest, giving them the chance to free 14 millions of cap space and the chance to see if (ex all star) Kaman is worth of re-signing for a smaller contract.

So, I see at least one (possible lottery) pick included.

On the other side, for N.O. the trade make sense 'cause, after the (stupid) decision of Gordon not to re-sign, probably they decided to completely re-build via draft choices, postponing the year with cap space available to operate in the Free agents market.

That said, all of Flynn, Thabeeet, Hill and Williams could have the minutes and the freedom to play...and who knows? maybe one (or more) of them could have inimaginable improvements thaks of the new situation...

And one thing more.

I would not be surprised if the next thing on the market, if possible by nba rules, would be Gordon.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    would be a decent addition 2 yo squad n!gga but you must act quick b4 dem sorry mavs gazump you tbh

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Looks like the Pacers are in the lead now. They don't have to match salaries since they're under the cap. I would be fine with just a first round pick.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ade/index.html

Quote:
    The Houston Rockets have had extensive trade discussions with the New Orleans Hornets about center Chris Kaman and appear to be in the lead for him, numerous sources told SI.com.

The NBA-owned Hornets, who acquired Kaman from the Clippers in the Chris Paul deal on Dec. 15, rendered him inactive last week and publicly acknowledged their decision to trade him. Hornets general manager Dell Demps has been shopping for a deal involving young players and draft picks while the big man awaits his next destination. Kaman, 29, an All-Star in 2009-2010 when he averaged 18.5 points and 9.2 rebounds, is making $14 million in the last year of his contract.

Dealing with the Hornets means any trade must be vetted by league executives Stu Jackson and Joel Litvin before being approved by commissioner David Stern. A week before Paul was traded to the Clippers, Stern vetoed a three-team deal that would have sent the star point guard to the Lakers and Pau Gasol to the Rockets, who are now back negotiating with New Orleans.

While no deal is imminent and the pieces are still being discussed, sources said the talks have involved the Rockets' two top-10 picks from the 2009 draft -- center Hasheem Thabeet (No. 2 by Memphis) and power forward Jordan Hill (No. 8 by New York). The Rockets have other young former first-rounders who could be included as well, among them second-year forward Patrick Patterson, third-year point guard Jonny Flynn and fourth-year small forward Terrence Williams. They also have a 2012 first-round pick from New York that the Hornets would love to obtain.4

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Chris Kaman and Dalembert...a far cry from Gasol and Nene

Thread Information