My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ombined-110000

The NBA doled out double fines Friday morning on the Dallas Mavericks, hitting owner Mark Cuban for $75,000 for his criticism of the officials in Wednesday's loss against the Oklahoma City Thunder and coach Rick Carlisle for $35,000 for kicking the ball into the stands in the same game.

Carlisle was hit with two technicals within the first three minutes of the fourth quarter. The second came after he kicked a ball rolling toward the Mavs bench that landed a few rows back in the floor seating, hitting a young boy.

Carlisle was frustrated over a non-call on the previous play that led to a Thunder fast break.

After the game, Cuban voiced his displeasure with the officiating, not just in that game but throughout the first month of the NBA's truncated season.
    "Look, I haven't said a whole lot about the officiating in a long, long time, but I haven't seen it this bad in a long, long time," Cuban told ESPNDallas.com after the loss. "Guys miss calls; that's part of the game. You're not always going to have a great crew. Officials have got to learn that's part of the game.

"But these were officials that have been part of the league for years, and it was just off-the-charts bad. And if no one ever says anything, nothing ever happens."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cuban must go!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    that game the other night was maybe the worst officiated game ive seen in years.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird. I know Cuban is perhaps the repeatiest of repeat offenders in this but to fine him twice as much for a pretty mild criticism vs. 35K for a coach kicking a ball into the stands? Without seeing how hard he booted it or anything I'm thinking the league should be more worried about something like a kid getting hit, jackasses threatening lawsuit, etc.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    that game the other night was maybe the worst officiated game ive seen in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird. I know Cuban is perhaps the repeatiest of repeat offenders in this but to fine him twice as much for a pretty mild criticism vs. 35K for a coach kicking a ball into the stands? Without seeing how hard he booted it or anything I'm thinking the league should be more worried about something like a kid getting hit, jackasses threatening lawsuit, etc.
    Two people got hit, actually. It was hilarious.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Carlisle really didn't kick it that hard. And he immediately went over to check on the fans and apologized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much as I dislike Cuban, Stern is an even bigger .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you Stern.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was possibly the most laid back head coach ejection I've ever seen.
    Last edited by spurs_fan_in_exile; 02-03-2012 at 01:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sup benjarvus, did you ever graduate from utsa?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    hi bjot

i was wondering where you have been

lol utsa

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sometimes the fine is just a payment for fair officiating tbh. the refs would keep tin on you if you act quiet @ the biased whistles tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Or they could get worse if you complain. It could go either way.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sometimes the fine is just a payment for fair officiating tbh. the refs would keep tin on you if you act quiet @ the biased whistles tbh
    agreed and disagreed. I think it can be effective in moderation but if you complain too much like cuban years ago, them refs collude against you and screw you over like the 2006 finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban couldn't care less. lol

He even matched his fine and gave it to charity. That's how that man rolls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott the snitch

Thread Information