My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago PD reaches agreement with ACLU on stop and frisk policy:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...risk/31277041/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the Bundys want to strike against tyranny, occupying Homan Square would be a good start. of course, Homan Square isn't the abandoned gift shop of a remote bird sanctuary:

Police “disappeared” more than 7,000 people at an off-the-books interrogation warehouse in Chicago, nearly twice as many detentions as previously disclosed, the Guardian can now reveal.

From August 2004 to June 2015, nearly 6,000 of those held at the facility were black, which represents more than twice the proportion of the city’s population. But only 68 of those held were allowed access to attorneys or a public notice of their whereabouts, internal police records show.
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ared-thousands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's much worse than that:

Yet the videos show police leading Perez, hands confined behind his back, through a door inside Homan marked “prisoner entrance”, suggesting a more routinized detention function than the police have described. Perez was never formally arrested: he was neither booked nor permitted legal counsel nor charged.
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...e-police-abuse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other people who signed onto Perez’s lawsuit have also told their stories for the first time. Their further revelations, including confinement in fetid and humiliating conditions, now mark 17 first-hand accounts of detention at Homan Square since the Guardian began reporting on the warehouse in February. The most recent occurred fewer than three weeks before the initial report.

Jose Martinez is alleged to have been cuffed to a bench for nine hours before being booked at an actual police station in September 2011. He claims that he was shackled “without food, water or use of the restroom” in a “locked room that smelled like urine and feces”.

Two other individuals, Estephanie Martinez and Calvin Coffey, described relieving themselves while shackled in Homan Square interrogation rooms. Martinez, locked up in August 2006, was told by a guard that she did not have the key to Martinez’s handcuffs and could not take her to the bathroom. Coffey, taken to Homan Square on 6 February 2015 on su ion of “narcotic activity”, defecated on the floor after two hours of fruitless requests for the bathroom. A police officer “made Calvin clean it up with his skull cap”, the lawsuit alleges.

Juanita Berry was with Coffey at the time of his detention and was taken with him to Homan Square. Handcuffed to a “ring or a bar on the wall” at Homan Square, the lawsuit alleges, officers told her to get them two handguns “or else they would charge her with aiding in the delivery of controlled substance”. After “several hours and many threats”, Berry agreed.

After Berry acquired a gun from an unspecified acquaintance, satisfied police allegedly drove her to a Dunkin’ Donuts and let her go without charge.

Berry’s account echoes that of a different Chicago man, not a party to the lawsuit, whom the Guardian has separately interviewed. The man, whom the Guardian has agreed to identify as Young OG so as not to risk his further police harassment, said Homan Square police kept him detained for nearly an entire day before he agreed to get them guns.

Young OG, a black man in his 30s, was picked up by masked police, guns drawn, after he stopped at a gas station with a friend in late 2013 for cigarettes. It was mid-morning and Young OG was confused over whether he was getting robbed or stopped by police.

“It was a real-life kidnapping,” he said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Segregation declines in Chicago, but city still ranks high, census data show

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-segregation-declines-neighborhoods-change-met-20160103-story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please GTFO.

you're not helping. quite the reverse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please GTFO.

you're not helping. quite the reverse.
    GFY

the racism in the chi police force is in the context of the racist segregation in the city

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for using your words. it's much better to say what you mean than to just dump links mechanically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thematically related, in New York:

https://theintercept.com/2016/02/05/...y-confinement/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The average length of time that defendants in federal terrorism prosecutions spend in solitary confinement prior to trial is 22 months, according to a 2014 report by Human Rights Watch and the Columbia Law School Human Rights Ins ute. Amnesty International has stated that pre-trial solitary confinement at the MCC amounts to “cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least one prisoner who has been held at both the MCC and Guantánamo has described the Manhattan jail as harsher. Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, who was convicted of involvement in the 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in East Africa, told his psychiatrist that Guantánamo is “more pleasant” and “more relaxed” than the isolation section at the MCC. At Guantánamo, he said, prisoners were not strip-searched and could associate together for recreational activities.

Joshua Dratel, an attorney who has represented clients at Guantánamo as well as the MCC, has also said the New York jail is worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    widespread abuse of solitary confinement, esp for people just not charged, awaiting trial (if ever, charges often dropped after months, years of confinement) and often while not able to make bail, is blatantly unCons utional but is fundamental to the self-loving Americans and their Christian hate-filled bull expressed as the "justice" system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    slave state justice system, of course quite widespread

ACLU sues Orleans Public Defenders office over refusal of cases

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...lic_defen.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrongful arrest, police torture and false confessions continue to cost Cook County millions:

Of the 29 wrongful conviction rulings involving false confessions in the United States in 2017, 13 were in Cook County, where the court system covers Chicago, according to the National Registry of Exonerations. Of the more than 260 false confession cases recorded since the registry began counting in 1989, about 25 percent have come from Cook County.
    http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/a...se_confessions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    42 more convictions tossed, Chicago continues to pay out the nose for crooked cops:

Chicago’s troubled police force has been involved in series of scandals in recent decades and misconduct settlements, verdicts and legal fees that have cost the city more than $700 million in the last 15 or so years.
    https://apnews.com/bdc93401e5e242bfb833e4f74dc07293

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    42 more convictions tossed, Chicago continues to pay out the nose for crooked cops:

https://apnews.com/bdc93401e5e242bfb833e4f74dc07293
    Thanks Obama

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he did give them their mayor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he did give them their mayor.
    I'm fairly confident the Mayor is an adult capable of making decisions for him/her self.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fairly confident the Mayor is an adult capable of making decisions for him/her self.
    It's his prodigy. It reflects on Obama. That's fair, too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's his prodigy. It reflects on Obama. That's fair, too.
    You're trying to pin the police torture of black men in the 1970s and 80s on Barack Obama.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're trying to pin the police torture of black men in the 1970s and 80s on Barack Obama.
    Sociopath swooping in with a huge false narrative.
    Par

I'm starting to consider if you're even ultimately any better than cuck Blake at this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Boring.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coping mechanism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sociopath swooping in with a huge false narrative.
    Par

I'm starting to consider if you're even ultimately any better than cuck Blake at this.
    Oh another cry for attention

Thread Information