Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the happened? Was this draft class projected to be this weak?

Spurs fans have harped on James Anderson but the truth is none of the 2 guards have been impressive so far.

WS/48 is a statistic measuring an estimated number of wins contributed by a player per 48 minutes with the league average being .100. The top 5 picks of 2010 have posted 2s/48 of .039, .078, .087, .019, .041 respectively. (Wall, Turner, Favors, Johnson, Cousins.)

Notable standouts with all star potential are Greg Monroe, Demarcus Cousins and John Wall. Possible rotational players: Turner, Fields, Paul George, Favors..

Anyone else worthy of note?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2010 seems to be weaker than 2011, which was already pretty weak.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to tell when you make the picks. Wall was supposed to be everything Derrick Rose has become, but he looks like another Francis now. It's funny that was supposed to be a pretty strong draft with Wall, Favors, Turner, and Cousins. I'm kind of surprised to see Ed Davis having such a lousy year after a strong finish last season. I would have loved for the Spurs to have traded for him in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2010 seems to be weaker than 2011, which was already pretty weak.
    Yeah, 2011 doesn't look too hot either right now. Have to wait until Jonas Valanciunas comes over and a couple months into their sop re season to have a better idea.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie alone makes 2011 look better.

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    you forgot jeremy lin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to tell when you make the picks. Wall was supposed to be everything Derrick Rose has become, but he looks like another Francis now. It's funny that was supposed to be a pretty strong draft with Wall, Favors, Turner, and Cousins. I'm kind of surprised to see Ed Davis having such a lousy year after a strong finish last season. I would have loved for the Spurs to have traded for him in the offseason.
    Yeah, Wall was expected to be a franchise level player. Even Flip thought so

you forgot jeremy lin
    Yeah I did. He deserves mention but hes also looked good for 3 games. The verdict is still out on him but hes making a case for himself. We'll see how hes doing at the end of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    john wall is a fkn draft busts

talent on paper alone wiz>cavs

yet cavs this season are playin better then wiz...

irving>wall

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    n!ggas knew there'd be a possible lockout preceding the draft, reasonably they chose to wait for another year and test water in the NBA draft a year later, thats why we're gonna have a pretty stacked draft this year tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    paul george is fkn nasty improved his game alot, but a guy of his size could be dominating down low with the mid range, but his in love with 3pt shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    paul george is fkn nasty improved his game alot, but a guy of his size could be dominating down low with the mid range, but his in love with 3pt shot
    I haven't seen any Pacer games.. but George was definitely one of the bright spots when I was doing my research. The pacers are winning and hes playing 30 minutes a game with no glaring weaknesses. Hes rebounding, getting steals, hitting 45%from the field and 44% from the 3pt line.

I mentioned that picks 1-5 had WS/48 below the league average of .10 but George is sitting at .167. He also has a per of 16.1, so I included him as a possible rotational player down the line. If he spends significant time working on his game the next 2 years he could turn into another Granger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Ekpe Udoh's pre-draft workout video, Got shutdown by Monty Williams.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Greg Monroe this year is averaging 16.3 and 9.9

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monroe has made a pretty decent case as the best player from the class. Using WP48(Different methodology, still average pretty much .100(Lower due to Overtime), Landry Fields has also been really good(Above .200 both Rookie year and this year), George has been a .200 player. Overall though, that draft is a stinkfest though.

Oderint dum metuant freedom&justice's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    lol Ekpe Udoh's pre-draft workout video, Got shutdown by Monty Williams.

You have to wonder what Golden State ever saw in him then. Happy they took Ekpe though, cause we got Monroe.

Thread Information