Coulrophobia is Beautiful JayTheClown's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...-texas-rangers

Hamilton will test the market and the Rangers will wisely not bid the highest for his services.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck finding a team who puts up with your bull .

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Good luck finding a team who puts up with your bull .

Yeah, cause I can't think of any teams that would overpay for a slugger...certainly not in the northeastern United States

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Nolan gave up Prince for him...Josh will be a Ranger. He'll spend the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprise Six: Josh Hamilton wants to stay
    February, 26, 2012
    By Richard Durrett
    SURPRISE, Ariz. -- The first official full-squad workouts were completed on Sunday and it was yet another beautiful day for baseball as well. Here are six things that happened Sunday in Surprise:

1. Josh Hamilton clarified his comments from Friday and made it clear that he wants to stay in Texas if a fair deal can be worked out. Hamilton said that if he becomes a free agent after this season, his first call will be to the Rangers.

"If it does go to free agency, the first place I’m coming is here,” Hamilton said. “If I owe anything, it’s that. My loyalty is here. This is where I’ve been. This is where my family’s been, so obviously I’d love to stay here more than anywhere else. So first of all, they get a chance to do what they need to do to keep me here.”

2. Rangers manager Ron Washington gave his annual speech to the club. He asked veteran reliever, but newcomer, Joe Nathan to speak as well. Here's what Nathan thought of the experience.

3. On the injury front, LHP Joe Beimel is out at least two to three days with elbow stiffness. Shortstop Elvis Andrus did not participate in on-field activities today after having a Plantar's wart removed. He is listed as day-to-day.

4. Yu Darvish had a light day on the field, going through PFP and conditioning. He did have a quick exchange with Michael Young, who expects Darvish to fit right in with the club. Young does not expect his club to have any kind of World Series hangover.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ...Nolan gave up Prince for him...Josh will be a Ranger. He'll spend the money.
    And that's a ing re ed tradeoff. Turning down a great young hitter in his prime, playing a physically undemanding position in the field, to instead give that money to a brittle former crackhead who dives headfirst every chance he gets during games. It's so stupid I laugh my ass off thinking about it. Giving Hamilton a large, long term deal is so fiscally irresponsible that Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels could win the Republican nomination for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hamilton most be bipolar.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm pretty confident Josh will be back, which is nice (as long as they don't massively overpay). But having Fielder would have been nicer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving Hamilton a large, long term deal is so fiscally irresponsible that Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels could win the Republican nomination for it.
    Shhhhhhh

don't blow my cover

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's a ing re ed tradeoff. Turning down a great young hitter in his prime, playing a physically undemanding position in the field, to instead give that money to a brittle former crackhead who dives headfirst every chance he gets during games. It's so stupid I laugh my ass off thinking about it. Giving Hamilton a large, long term deal is so fiscally irresponsible that Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels could win the Republican nomination for it.
    Didn't say I agreed with the tradeoff..I think we should have grabbed Prince the second we could. But we didn't...so we're not going to let Josh go too...now that Prince is in Detroit, unless another bat comes available, we're going to need to keep him around. Hopefully his new babysitter can keep his ass in gear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he'll go anywhere. But if he leaves he leaves. The team has had to play without him enough times that I think they'll be fine if they lose him for good. Wouldn't want that but whatever. There are always more bats out there.

Thread Information