Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why Green didn't play more down the stretch, I thought he was playing pretty well. Lost the game in the second quarter. Just gave them too many second chances and wide open shots to guys like Brewer, Watson and Korver. Their bench outplayed ours and did a real good job of not letting Bonner get open looks.
    I think Green is our latest injury. That ice pack on his shoulder at the end didn't make me happy. He may have been stiffening up, and Pop shut him down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real reason we lost: Got killed in the point guard battle. Not only did Rose outplay Tony, but Watson must destroyed Ford. It's impossible to overstate how horrible Ford was in his little fourth quarter stretch. It's easy to see why LJ was never high on him. The guy holds on to the ball too much and can't shoot.

Once Manu comes back I'm hoping we stay with the Neal/Ginobili backcourt for the second unit. Ford is a disaster defensively too. There are no good backup PGs on this roster.
    Ford was pretty decent for us before the injury though. No reason to give up on him after his first game back from injury. If anything, this loss is more on Tony. No reason to be outplayed THAT badly when you're the best player on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even mad about this loss. I'm actually mad about the Spurs chances to compete in the playoffs after seeing the Bulls expose the Spurs' flaws. Bonner, Blair and RJ will basically be useless in the playoffs and Pop played 2/3 in the 4th quarter. what was the point of that? against good defensive teams with good defensive bigs those three usually fold and are rendered useless. Same story, but at least this was a regular season game.

Edit : Blair doesn't fold, but he usually plays dumb and still tries to throw up shots over longer defenders when he should pass the ball out.

TP looked like he did against the Pistons back in the day. He has lots of trouble getting to the rim and scoring against teams with good length that play great defense like the Bulls.

Sure Manu and Kawhi will help a lot, but what big man will step up in the playoffs next to Tim Duncan? That's basically what this season will come down to. What big man will step up next to Tim Duncan in the playoffs? That is what makes me mad, not this actual game or loss itself. Does anyone have any confidence in any of the Spurs bigs stepping up next to Tim Duncan in the playoffs?

The Spurs desperately need another big man but I'm not sure how much Splitters injury and this being his first game back tonight had to do with his limited time and knowing Pop it's pretty likely that had a lot to do with it. Before Splitter got hurt he was actually starting to spend a lot more time on the court with TD. but of course he got hurt, lets just hope this doesn't send that idea back to square one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was ing funny to watch a pissed Duncan shooting two 3s in row like he didn't give a .

It must be awful to fight the whole game and then watch a hot garbage like Jefferson throwing away the game in 2 possessions letting his man free to shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still trying to remember the quotes but didn't Pop or somebody from the Spurs say Jefferson was going to be the Spurs' best defender every night when they acquired him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost by 7 to a legit contender, one of the two best teams in the NBA, without Manu and Kawhi. I'll take this loss. Saw flashes of elite D periodically, but then RJ ed it all up. If/when the Spurs get fully healthy they can compete with anyone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost by 7 to a legit contender, one of the two best teams in the NBA, without Manu and Kawhi. I'll take this loss. Saw flashes of elite D periodically, but then RJ ed it all up. If/when the Spurs get fully healthy they can compete with anyone.
    So which big will step up out of the ones we have next to Tim Duncan in the playoffs? Lack of decent bigs will stop us from competing "with anyone".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which big will step up out of the ones we have next to Tim Duncan in the playoffs? Lack of decent bigs will stop us from competing "with anyone".
    Probably. But I don't think anyone expected the team to be playing as well as they have going into this season. If you think we have the potential for a Finals trip, I think you're aiming a bit high. As far as bigs go, we might get lucky and sign someone that gets waived in the coming weeks. After missing out on EVERY free agent thus far, we have to land someone eventually. No way the FO goes into the post-season with just four bigs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Pop nuts up and benches Jefferson and starts Leonard. It would make our starting 5 an upgrade already and guys like Green, Leonard, and Anderson have shown they can bring more production than RJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter imo. I also think the FO will nab a big that's bought out after the trade deadline that may make some difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was a legit team, the best team in the East, in my opinion ( the heat) but it was a team that was on the road off a back-to-back in a condensed season. Oh, and they also came to town late after a late flight and after BARELY beating a weak Hornets team. It's still a game we should've won but of course, we need our best player back ASAP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. But I don't think anyone expected the team to be playing as well as they have going into this season. If you think we have the potential for a Finals trip, I think you're aiming a bit high. As far as bigs go, we might get lucky and sign someone that gets waived in the coming weeks. After missing out on EVERY free agent thus far, we have to land someone eventually. No way the FO goes into the post-season with just four bigs
    We definitely have a shot at the finals with the way all the young guys are playing (expectations before the season started are irrelevant as the young guys have shown they can play), but the thing that could stop that shot at making the finals dead in it's tracks is a lack of a decent second big next to TD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter imo. I also think the FO will nab a big that's bought out after the trade deadline that may make some difference.
    If anything, I expect Pop and RC to give McDyess a call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope not. McDyess must be in terrible shape right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDyess has basically said he has no interest in returning. Pop and RC might as well call up Horry and DRob while they are at it, because the chances of getting them to come back are probably just as good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW - the +/- kings for the Spurs last night? Yep... RJ and Blair. Man I hate that stat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair had his shining moments tbh. The problem is he was up against Boozer and Noah most of the time. If he was playing against Asik and Gibson he would've ended up looking better.

Thread Information