My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is going to put up better numbers this season, and who would you rather have on your franchise at this point in their careers.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Miggy

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Miguel's last 8 seasons
    AVG Year: 33 HR's, 115 RBI's, .320, .961 OPS, 189 Hits, 102 Runs

& Prince Fielder will be batting behind him

Pujols: Obviously he gets a bump from playing in the American League but the Angels batting order will be significantly weaker than the Cardinals last year. No other Angel is rated in the Top100 of positional players going into next year I believe

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Safe bet is probably Miggy because he's already comfortable in the American League and against American League pitchers and he has seemingly better protection with Prince hitting behind him. That said, Albert is still very capable of putting up a monster season. Last season was probably his worst of his career and he still launched more home runs than Miggy and still nearly hit .300. I think perhaps some may have seen that as Albert starting to decline. I'm not convinced that's the case yet. And Miggy may also have time adjusting to playing 3B which may take some attention away from his hitting. Will be interesting to see how it plays out though.

I have a feeling Robbie Cano is primed to have the type of season that will end up being overall than both Miggy and Albert. I'm thinking he'll settle in now as the permanent #3 hitter in that Yankee line-up and with more consistent protection and more ABs, I see a monster year from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know Migs was playing the hot corner now. If he's any good at 3B his value will increase 100% imo

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Didn't know Migs was playing the hot corner now. If he's any good at 3B his value will increase 100% imo
    Yeah, if your league has Miguel 3B eligible then it's a no brainer

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    fielder makes all the diffrence

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    sons Fielder will eventually eat himself out of the league just like his father did. its just a matter of time at this point.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    1. Miguel
    2. Kemp
    3. Pujols

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pujols is gonna play what, 9 games at the Ranger's park?

Advantage Pujols. Also his home park is by far and away more hitter friendly than that beast in Detroit.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    But Miggy has averaged 17 HRs at Comerica Park with roughly a 1.033 OPS in the previous 3 seasons. Pretty good for just his home splits. That beast in Detroit hasn't really hurt Miggy's ability to hit and hit for power. And now he has Prince Fielder protecting him.

And the Tigers have 6 games at the Rangers park and another 9 at Cellular Field. And the Angels are also in a division with two of the worst hitters parks in Safeco and the Coliseum in Oakland. Last year, Comerica Park in Detroit scored more runs and more homers than Angel Stadium, significantly too. Now part of that is the Angels had a great pitching staff and had a poor offense. I'm just saying. Comerica is bad for homeruns but it also allows a lot of doubles. Good hitters can take advantage of that.

All that said, both Pujols and Cabrera are the type of hitters that aren't really that greatly affect by the dimensions of ball parks. They're both going to hit. They're both going to hit for power. Miggy might not hit as many homeruns as he would in a more homerun friendly home ball park, but he'll still get his share.

Thread Information