Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .....imho the obvious candidate should be Justin Detmon...just after checking the nbdl stats, he's the best point guard (second in scoring, fourth in assist and steals in the entire league).

Other options, could be Mills (but I don't know if he's restricted), Armon Johnson (just cut by Portland when they signed Przybilla) or Boykins.

I wouldn't consider Arenas... and a trade for something decent could probably cost too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point Guards

The D-League is typically said to be a very guard-oriented league so the statistics may be a bit inflated at the point guard position. That said, however, the guard crop has to be looked at pretty closely considering the players at this position are matching up against solid talent in nearly every game they play.

Top Player: It probably has to be Donald Sloan, considering he's played most of this season in the NBA already and is still young at just 24 year's of age. In seven D-League games this season -- split between stints with the Atlanta Hawks and New Orleans Hornets -- Sloan is averaging an impressive 24 points, 8.4 assists and 5.4 rebounds while making 52 percent of his shot attempts from the field under head coach Jay Larranaga.

Oher youngish prospects (all in alphabetical order): Courtney Fortson, Jerry Smith, Ben Uzoh

Vets that could fill in quick: Blake Ahearn, Maurice Baker, Will Conroy, Antonio Daniels, Carldell Johnson

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2012...ague-prospects

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought of Detmon, apart from stats, for the simple reason he plays for the Toros...so he should be well advised about our system...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Carter might be available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph will get the job. Spurs will not spend another dime on this season. The big three will do their thing, but playoff success will rest on the backs of Blair, Bonner, and Joseph.

-sob.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    No one is going to give us their backup. The best we could do would be an NBA third stringer. One option I looked at was Tinsley in Utah. He's only played 15 games this year, stuck behind Harris and Earl Watson, but man, he is a complete banger. He was involved as recently as 2009 in a shooting outside a club that involved automatic rifle fire. Not sure the Spurs would even look at that type of dude. A straight trade for Anderson works, and saves Utah Tinsley's next year's salary of $1.2M.

AC may be the best bet if he is released.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping for Blake Ahearn, wouldn't be upset with Antonio Daniels if he has anything left in the tank.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh No!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully expect a straight up swap of James Anderson for a low-dough 'veteran' (i.e. someone who's been in the league at least a few years, not necessarily a 30-something gray-beard). Indiana's A.J. Price fits that bill and is available, and the dollars work (Price actually makes $200K less than JA).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure as ain't going to be CJ total waist of a first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antonio Daniels is availible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antonio Daniels is availible
    but are any of his skills still present?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Justin Dentmon to a 10 day to backup TP. Let Cory Joseph run the Toros full time for that 10 days. Then bring back Joseph when he has had the court time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call Joseph up for emergency situations but let Neal and Manu handle backup point guard minutes. This actually somewhat clears up the issue of whose minutes is Manu going to take up. Not ideal but I would rather this than a D leaguer or someone trying to learn the system they are in charge of running down the stretch run of the season. Shame about Ford though for him and the Spurs

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    We definitely need someone because I don't think we can depend on Ginobli staying healthy.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but are any of his skills still present?
    Not really. Mike James can still shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call Joseph up for emergency situations but let Neal and Manu handle backup point guard minutes. This actually somewhat clears up the issue of whose minutes is Manu going to take up. Not ideal but I would rather this than a D leaguer or someone trying to learn the system they are in charge of running down the stretch run of the season. Shame about Ford though for him and the Spurs

Ok Neal sucks at Pg, and CJ is a not going to play in the NBA so that leaves Manu handling PG duties. The problem with that is he is is still not in shape and will have to use a lot of energy backing TP up which is going to cause problems in the play offs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get Derrick Rose or Chris Paul?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count