Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now if only RJ can become consistent with his attacking the paint...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was the first time Tim defends an elite low-post scorer (let alone Howard) one-on-one pretty well in a long time. In comparison, Tiago still has a long way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the great write-up again!

Great to see the big three rolling. Even though it wasn't a spectacular play, I loved the fast break with Manu, Tim and Tony finishing.

Danny Green needs to go back to "floater/teardrop" class or stick to jump shooting! The first few times I saw him shoot it, I thought he just mishandled the ball, but after last nights game, I realized he just doesn't shoot it well. He almost looks like he's in Shawn Marion form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how the team would react to having Anderson take Danny's minutes for a couple of games to see if he gets out of his dry 3 point spell...
    I would be up for it, especially how I think Green, and Ford will probably be gone by the end of the day in a small trade.James Anderson finishes around the basket better, and has been playing as good or better defense then Green has been playing, and JA has been regarded as the better shooter. He also plays a lot better with members of the big 3 on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice writeup. Thanks are due as usual.

I got to watch some brief minutes on NBATV and some of the shots TP made were unbelieveable.

I'm sure LeBron and Rose are the front runners for MVP, but If the MVP award must go to a player who puts a team on his back in adversity and carries them to a great season, Parker would be the winner by a mile. I can't think of any other candidate who has had as much pressure on him to lead by example and come through like Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team as a whole gets an A on offense, C- on defense.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks! I'm just really concerned with the D since the AllStar break. This is all fun to watch and all, but so was SSOL...
    I don't think the D was that bad overall. Actually looking at the last 3 quarters, the Magic were on pace for a 100-point game, on a night where some of their shooters could just throw the ball vaguely in the direction of the basket and it would go in. Plus Howard's little speech to boost everybody's morale.

The main issue here was the first quarter, and the bad start we got because Pop decides to start scrubs who boost the confidence of pretty much anybody on the opposing team.

It's important to see that Manu is, for all practical purposes, leading the starting unit (i.e. with the level of talent you'd expect from a starting unit) and Parker/Duncan are leading the bench (and a rather bad bench at that).

Just look at the +/- of all the players in the starting unit: all in negative, including Duncan who played very well, except Parker with +5 despite playing mindblowing basketball at this point.

+/- of bench in comparison is just ridiculous: Anderson the lowest with +6, 4 players at +10 or +11 and KL at +19.

It just shows that Parker and Duncan need exceptional showings to negate the black hole of Blair-RJ-Green.

Play KL and Splitter 30mpg and this is going to be a much different team!

I've never been one to vote for small ball, but if it comes down to Leonard playing the 4 over Bonner late in games I take it every single time. If the Spurs aren't going to trade for a legit 4 this is really the only option that could lead to success.
    Playing Bonner at 4 is already playing smallball, basically, since Bonner plays like a guy a full foot smaller. Since KL is vastly more talented than Bonner, it's quite obvious that he is an upgrade in all cir stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I felt like the ASG screwed up momentum and I think we're getting it back now. The D should follow. I like Danny Green and believe he can be helpful but that floater has gotta go. I like a tight game one way or the other against okc hopefully in our favor. And I feel a pounding coming for the gericks.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJuan Blair C-
    In the first few minutes of the game, DeJuan Blair seemed to hurt himself trying to do an up-and-under move.
    Seems like he was limping up the court before that awkward move. I'll go back and check.

BTW, isn't it nice that you never have to write that jeffer guy's name in postgame grades again?

Thread Information