My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep bringing him off the bench or start him now that RJ is gone?

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    give him the ball more!

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    start him with SJax & have manu run the offense for the 2nd unit.

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think pop will continue to start Green until Manu is 100% ready to go. And SJax is gonna start for sure. He isn't a game changer from the bench like Manu or can't provide the energy that Kawhi can.

So until Manu is ready the lineup will look like this: Tony, Green, SJax, Blair, Duncan.
    And Manu, Kawhi, Neal and Splitter bringing the fire off the bench. Not bad, not bad at all.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think pop will continue to start Green until Manu is 100% ready to go. And SJax is gonna start for sure. He isn't a game changer from the bench like Manu or can't provide the energy that Kawhi can.

So until Manu is ready the lineup will look like this: Tony, Green, SJax, Blair, Duncan.
    And Manu, Kawhi, Neal and Splitter bringing the fire off the bench. Not bad, not bad at all.
    just creamed my pants

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard >> Jackson
    Leonard >> Jefferson
    Leonard >>>> Green

Even with the Jackson addition, Pop better give Leonard major minutes in the playoffs, he's the 5th best player on this team..

Zip it up and Zip it out. WeNeedLength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did Bonner get traded?

You know he's going to be getting minutes no matter what...

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Green needs to go back to the bench.

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green needs to go back to the bench.
    totally agree, but Pop seems to think otherwise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson won't play more than RJ played. There's a chance that Jackson will play a lot less than RJ. So Kawhi will either keep his same spot in the rotation or end up playing more.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson won't play more than RJ played. There's a chance that Jackson will play a lot less than RJ. So Kawhi will either keep his same spot in the rotation or end up playing more.
    Just for the record, RJ was actually #2 in minutes played so far. Duncan was #3.

Yes, that's unbelievable. Check it out.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for the record, RJ was actually #2 in minutes played so far. Duncan was #3.

Yes, that's unbelievable. Check it out.
    It's perfectly believable. RJ was the most talented player on the team who Pop didn't give a about saving for the playoffs. He was perfect for the role of mandatory veteran to play garbage time minutes with the youngins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him for Malik Rose, Speedy Claxton and Steve Kerr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without a true backup PG, I'd hate to see the second unit without Ginobili. That would be a mess. Therefore I declare that Leonard and Jackson will start, with Ginobili and Green off the bench (and Neal).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt check it, but while RJ played a lot of minutes, it always seemed like he didnt get to see the court in the last 5 minutes of a tight game...that will change with Jax.

IMO,
    Starters: Parker, Jax, Leonard, Blair, Tim
    with Manu as 6th man, Bonner+Neal to stretch the floor and Splitter to get more minutes
    Green should be the one, that seems to be expandable, but some injuries will occur anyway.

Crunch Time Lineup IMO: Parker, Neal, Manu, Jax, Tim
    Crunch Time Lineup real life: Parker, Manu, Jax, Bonner, Splitter (and that said, Neal may even take Jax' spot)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I believe this deal means several things: 1. Leonard becomes the starter at 3. He has been playing way too good to not gain that role. He brings a lot more to the table than SJax. 2. The thought of paying RJ for not playing was more than the FO could handle. 3. Because this now takes away cap flexibility for next year that the FO thinks that Lorbek will be coming at a Splitter-like contract. Otherwise they have little chance of filling that hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony/Green/Jackson/Tim/Blair
    Neal/Manu/Kawhi/Bonner/(Diaw/Kaman?)/Splitter
    Joseph/Anderson

We're a solid 11 deep. This is great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony/Green/Jackson/Tim/Blair
    Neal/Manu/Kawhi/Bonner/(Diaw/Kaman?)/Splitter
    Joseph/Anderson

We're a solid 11 deep. This is great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but how will that go down with Jax? He hasn't gotten any rave reviews for being a team player in the nine teams he's played for in his career.

In fact, since leaving the Spurs he's become more of a "me-first" guy than he was when he left SA. He has the reputation for being a real problem when his ego gets going.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key observation there is that he was great for the spurs...and is now back on the spurs.

At least, that's why my optimistic self is thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start him, and leave him alone for 30 minutes a night.

Thread Information