Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The oil subsidies should go, but the republicans will shoot it down like they always do. Democrats don't mind though. They just want their talking point. If the democrats really wanted to get rid of oil subsidies, they'd have done it in 2009-2010 when the republicans were powerless to stop them from doing so. It's all just meaningless political theater.
    What are these subsidies anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gives a about their profit margin. A completely meaningless metric in this context - probably fed to you by the oil companies to distract from the obvious: that they're making an absolute killing at your expense.
    Damn you are an ignorant ass. They all are public companies and the numbers are all there for anyone to look at.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "republicans were powerless to stop them"

The DEMS NEVER had 60 in the Senate. Ben "Horse's Ass" Nelson, Lieberman, etc don't count as Dem Senators, vote against Dem major bills mostly.

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are these subsidies anyway?
    Good question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Yes, I have read such things already, at least the opening paragraph is identical to one.

I would like to see actual subsidies separated from tax breaks. Even with these breaks and subsidies.... if any are actual subsidies... these places are contributing over 40% of their revenue to the government.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I have read such things already, at least the opening paragraph is identical to one.

I would like to see actual subsidies separated from tax breaks. Even with these breaks and subsidies.... if any are actual subsidies... these places are contributing over 40% of their revenue to the government.
    I call bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you are an ignorant ass. They all are public companies and the numbers are all there for anyone to look at.
    I didn't say they were made up, ass. No they're public companies and no it's public information. I'm saying you're an idiot for thinking that their profit margin is important here, and therefore a legitimate reason to protect them. No, they will be making plenty without subsidies and you'll be paying it either way.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I didn't say they were made up, ass. No they're public companies and no it's public information. I'm saying you're an idiot for thinking that their profit margin is important here, and therefore a legitimate reason to protect them. No, they will be making plenty without subsidies and you'll be paying it either way.
    Which specific subsidy would you like to see removed?

Government R&D?

Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Tax Credit?

Marginal Well Production Credit?

The R&D and tax credits are because the government wants the oil companies to do things they don't want to do. Be my guest. Have these eliminated.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "republicans were powerless to stop them"

The DEMS NEVER had 60 in the Senate. Ben "Horse's Ass" Nelson, Lieberman, etc don't count as Dem Senators, vote against Dem major bills mostly.
    It was still their best chance at getting rid of the subsidies and they didn't even try.

Curious how democrats thought there wasn't even a point in trying back when they had 58 senators and 258 congressman on their side, yet changed their minds after losing half a dozen senate seats and 50-something house seats in the midterms.

Nope, no reason to doubt their sincerity here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tax breaks are subsidies too, Wild Cobra totally notwithstanding.

Thread Information