Post Count

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10262040/back-us-wenger-urges-fans

Arsene Wenger has called on protesting supporters to respect Arsenal's "values" and suggested fan unrest may have contributed to this season's failed le challenge.

Arsenal's most successful manager is facing unprecedented criticism amid another end-of-season scrap for a top-four place, and two prominent fan groups have joined forces to co-ordinate a protest at the Saturday Night Football game against Norwich.

Supporters are being asked to display banners reading: "Time for change. Arsenal is stale - fresh approach needed" in a message intended for Wenger and the club's hierarchy.

Ahead of the game the manager claimed Arsenal's fans have been "manipulated" by people with "personal agendas" and "big egos" and even suggested a "difficult climate" at the Emirates has been a factor in disappointing home results.

"I can understand the frustration," Wenger said. "No one is more frustrated than me, but our disappointment has not to go too far."When a club cannot enjoy anything any more, it is in trouble, and we have to not forget that in football you go down very quickly and you come up very slowly."West Ham, Chelsea and Swansea have all won in north London this season, while Southampton and Crystal Palace both left with a point.

Wenger said: "We lost the championship at home against lower teams, but we played sometimes at home in a very difficult climate. Away we are championship winners.

"The club has very special values and one is to stick together and support the team - there is no success otherwise."The Frenchman again defended his record of constant Champions League qualification even when the club was paying for the Emirates - "we needed to to qualify in three out of five years and sell our best players every year - we did five years out of five" - and made a passionate defence of players whose character has been questioned at key times this season.

He said: "I tell you, this team has character and at ude. Some people who question them, I know them well - they have less character than this team has. I saw them play, and even know them very closely, and they should not question the character of these players."And without naming names he said: "There are some groups of people that try to manipulate our fans, but I believe apart from a personal agenda and a big ego there's not a lot behind [the criticism]."

Wenger also denied owner Stan Kroenke - an increasingly unpopular figure with the club's supporters' groups - had ever sought to stop him spending money."I don't want to go into personal comment of my owners," he said. "Every club should work with the resources it generates and that is what we do - that is one of the values I speak about and that is what I speak about."He has never stopped me in the transfer market, He is very ambitious, we all are."

---------------

all I see is a lot of damage control and spinning

Talk about someone so out of touch with the fanbase and just delusional as . The people are frustrated with the product that's on the pitch and it always feels like Arsenal takes one step forward and then one step back.

He probably feels betrayed by the supporters but what the do you expect you old KENT. It's the same year in and year out.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Yeah I read this article. Wenger essentially thinks the fans that pay the highest prices in Europe and pay his salary are weak minded and manipulated into being frustrated with a team that hasn't won their league in 12 years.

There is no 'top' club in the world that would keep a manager 12 without winning a le except Arsenal (name one?). So they either have to accept they're not a 'top' club and stop charging like one or they need to get rid of this piece of .

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yeah I read this article. Wenger essentially thinks the fans that pay the highest prices in Europe and pay his salary are weak minded and manipulated into being frustrated with a team that hasn't won their league in 12 years.

There is no 'top' club in the world that would keep a manager 12 without winning a le except Arsenal (name one?). So they either have to accept they're not a 'top' club and stop charging like one or they need to get rid of this piece of .
    TBH most of London based Arsenal fans are gullible as

We signed Ozil we staaaacked
    We signed Cech we staaaaaaaaaaaaacekd
    It's no wonder Arsene is ting on them tbh

I ING TOLD YOU that the Cech signing wasn't going to improve the team, but some of you disagreed

Ignoring the DM, CB and ST positions and signing a GK
    Wenger should be an NHL GM tbh

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count

I ING TOLD YOU that the Cech signing wasn't going to improve the team, but some of you disagreed

London Arsenal fans are the worst, there must be some ing brainwashing over there. Every ing loser coming out of the academy is world class and losers like Ramsey, Ox, Wil , Wal , get a pass for life. Wenger is infallible to them. What delusional s. They're the ones who downvote everything that criticizes the club on reddit.

This protest should had happened when RVP left or sooner.
    Last edited by NASpurs; 04-29-2016 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Wagner lol

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Cech is definitely better than Ospina or Czczczczczcczny...I don't know who the expected that to be his ONLY signing
    Henry ting on Giroud, Wenger mad, Henry right

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yes he is better than sny and Ospina but they could have had Ospina as a starting GK and upgraded the positions I mentioned, and they would have been challengers

Henry has every right to be pissed tbh

I remeber when I was a big fan of wenger. I was in HS and that was about 9 years ago.

Times change.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Can't start threads anymore. You must have pissed off some Parker fan.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Can't start threads anymore. You must have pissed off some Parker fan.
    it was too easy

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    lol lefty unbolded.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Unless Kroenke demanded Arsenal must absolutely quality for every Champions League season, Wenger should understand that being second, much less fourth, is worth nothing.

Arsenal is different then Manchester United because they are a smaller team, also from Chelsie and Manchester City that are owned for fun. One comparable team is Liverpool, and while they didn't win any PL's yet and half the FA Cups since Wenger is at Arsenal, the have won a CL. Still, considering how United dominated the PL, his achievements aren't bad with 3 PL's and 6 FA Cups, two of those recent ones. One should remember how much time it took for Chelsea to win a PL and the Champions.

However, Arsenal has won an Cup Winners Cup in the past. And since Wenger is long time there he has no excuses for not winning any CL or EL. The United, Chelsea and Liverpool got to win some CL's.

One mistake was to let Thierry Henry go. Teams that win the CL don't sell their best players in their prime.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    is this real life? We're being ing trolled it seems like

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini to leave the Club. Long overdue

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Arsenal triggering Vardy's release clause

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Pulling another Suarez? Pretending to make a move that they know will fail?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Legit or stupid Twitter rumour?

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    I read the release clause was less than £20 mil. Vardy's asking for £120 K/week which is ing hilarious for a 29 year old, one season wonder who needs a counter attacking team to be useful, which Arsenal aren't. Apparently Arsenal agreed to pay him that much too.

Liverpool was offering £140k/wk but the release clause can only be triggered by teams in the CL.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Legit if BBC are reporting it imo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36450106

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lmao

Meanwhile Zlatan is going to MU

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count

His wife pretty much confirms it.

Thread Information