Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It's official:
    https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/footb...t-fc-barcelona

La Liga saving Barcelona, from making another insane 5 years contract with 34 years old Messi.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Agüero's lawyers looking how get out of his contact. After Messi's departure reports say, Sergio wants to leave Barça.

Tbh, more logical would have been he returned to Atlético Madrid.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The rumours are Laporta intentionally signed the contract with Messi that La Liga would never pass, Messi was by so huge difference the best paid player that Barça couldn’t see value having him and Laporta wanted a new direction without Messi. If there’s anything to believe from Chiringuito, Messi’s father said Laporta he only used him to win the election. Who knows if Laporta winked La Liga to deny the inscription, so that Laporta could avoid the blame from the associates. It was su ious Barça didn’t actually unload any contract to sign Messi. Barça fans are blaming Griezmann, for Messi’s exit.

But if Messi wanted to retire as Barça player, he just needed to ask Laporta for a €10M net x season x 10 years contract. But he always wanted top dollar. And is getting €40M net x season x 2 years + option for a third year from PSG. And is probably going to get a signing bonus too. Messi is more of a businessman than a passionate football player.

It’s not his fault Barça is in the situation that it is in, but his massive contract contributed. Though, Messi at least always delivered many goals and assists, just not against top compe ion in his last seasons in Barcelona.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The rumours are Laporta intentionally signed the contract with Messi that La Liga would never pass, Messi was by so huge difference the best paid player that Barça couldn’t see value having him and Laporta wanted a new direction without Messi. If there’s anything to believe from Chiringuito, Messi’s father said Laporta he only used him to win the election. Who knows if Laporta winked La Liga to deny the inscription, so that Laporta could avoid the blame from the associates. It was su ious Barça didn’t actually unload any contract to sign Messi. Barça fans are blaming Griezmann, for Messi’s exit.

But if Messi wanted to retire as Barça player, he just needed to ask Laporta for a €10M net x season x 10 years contract. But he always wanted top dollar. And is getting €40M net x season x 2 years + option for a third year from PSG. And is probably going to get a signing bonus too. Messi is more of a businessman than a passionate football player.

It’s not his fault Barça is in the situation that it is in, but his massive contract contributed. Though, Messi at least always delivered many goals and assists, just not against top compe ion in his last seasons in Barcelona.
    Lol believing that .

Messi is the Jordan of Barcelona. Even if he was done, no Barcelona fan wants to see him anywhere else.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Ronaldo left Real as a Champions League winner.

Lionel Harden leaves Barcelona as a Copa Del Rey winner and bankrupt the club too, with his ridiculous and cancerous contracts

If midget truly cared about barca he would have taken discounts over the years. Now we get to see his alligator tears on the way out, like he's not one of the main reasons barca's facing their current predicament.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo left Real as a Champions League winner.

Lionel Harden leaves Barcelona as a Copa Del Rey winner and bankrupt the club too, with his ridiculous and cancerous contracts

If midget truly cared about barca he would have taken discounts over the years. Now we get to see his alligator tears on the way out, like he's not one of the main reasons barca's facing their current predicament.
    Biggest reason always has been and always will be griezmann, coutinho, dembele sergi Roberto and Jordi Alba insane wages. The club lost 487 million last season alone.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Biggest reason always has been and always will be griezmann, coutinho, dembele sergi Roberto and Jordi Alba insane wages. The club lost 487 million last season alone.
    lol overpaying Sergi Roberto
    Alba isn’t what he used to be but at least he was a good player unlike Roberto

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    lol overpaying Sergi Roberto
    Alba isn’t what he used to be but at least he was a good player unlike Roberto
    What a ed situation eh man? I mean I know you support Madrid but I can’t imagine this happening in the NBA

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Barca was not gonna win the Champions League, probably not even La Liga (as we saw last season), with or without Lionel Harden. Now they won't mortgage their future with another albatross contract with an aging star.

Overall, good move for Barcelona imho

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    What a ed situation eh man? I mean I know you support Madrid but I can’t imagine this happening in the NBA
    Catalan DNA tbh
    That’s why they signed Eric Garcia

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    The super league Spanish teams now totally revealed.
    The needed the $ very badly.
    Too bad, it used to be a good league, never recovered from the financial crap.

The Barca midfield... man what a treat. Sad.

Maybe they need to give up a Champions League Spot.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    A lot of bad long contracts, Griezmann, Busquets, Dembele, Pique, Pjanic, Um i, even Messi's contract was too much.

I think Real Madrid is in good financial shape. Not sure about Atlético Madrid, they have some debts, though a lot of potential for growth in value. About Sevilla and Valencia, not sure.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The least of Barca's problems was Messi's contract. Messi could have earned twice as much as he was getting and he still would have generated profits for Barca and La Liga. The financial hit they are going to take without Messi to sell their product is huge.

Barcelona's problem has always been the same: Bartomeu. There's no excuse to have such a roster making 110% of the Club's earnings. At least he accompliahed what he wanted with Griezman's signing, getting rid of Messi. What he didn't know is that the move was going to cost him his position first.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I think that while still good, Messi’s prime is not coming back. Ronaldo went to a very strong Juve side and they won 0 champions leagues, and slipped in serie A too, last season.

Who knows if Messi will deliver the CL to PSG, with Donnarumma, Ramos and others plus a very solid team, but Barça will still be Barcelona, even without Messi.

No way Messi was worth nowhere near what he’s being paid for now or his last contract with Barcelona. For some Middle East monarchs, they really showcase who knows what or why.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I think that while still good, Messi’s prime is not coming back. Ronaldo went to a very strong Juve side and they won 0 champions leagues, and slipped in serie A too, last season.

Who knows if Messi will deliver the CL to PSG, with Donnarumma, Ramos and others plus a very solid team, but Barça will still be Barcelona, even without Messi.

No way Messi was worth nowhere near what he’s being paid for now or his last contract with Barcelona. For some Middle East monarchs, they really showcase who knows what or why.
    Messi's prime is not coming back, but he's still the best player in the World by a difference. And what he was getting paid had more to do with what he generated outside the pitch, tbh. Like I said, La Liga games will see a huge decrease on viewership, which will result in less $$$$.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    After Messi's departure, the new skipper is Busquets. The vice-captain will be Piqué.

After Puyol (2004-2014), the next was Xavi (2015), Iniesta (2016-2018) and Messi (2019-2021) and now Busquets.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi's prime is not coming back, but he's still the best player in the World by a difference. And what he was getting paid had more to do with what he generated outside the pitch, tbh. Like I said, La Liga games will see a huge decrease on viewership, which will result in less $$$$.
    Is Messi in his mid-30's really better today than MBappe or Lewandowski?

Neither Messi or Cristiano play in the Premier League, and they do just fine.

Madrid already had a good squad, it was a matter of limiting injuries and using all available talent. Barcelona has a lot of talent as well, but it's not great on defense. Atlético has a great squad, Sevilla is looking good too. And other teams don't stand still.

Messi will be missed for sure, but it was the same when Ronaldinho left and went to Italy.
    Last edited by dunkman; 08-22-2021 at 07:52 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Is Messi in his mid-30's really better today than MBappe or Lewandowski?
    Yes.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Are you sure?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Yes.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    There's no money for big signings, but the club has several outstanding young players. It proved complicated to move Pjanic, Coutinho or Um i anywhere.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Barca attempting to dump Griezmann

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Fabrizio Romano
    @FabrizioRomano
    ·
    6m
    Talks ongoing between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona for Antoine Griezmann comeback. No João Felix or any other player involved, no Dani Olmo for Barça. ������ #FCB #DeadlineDay

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Called it from day one.

I told you to listen to the one that knows his here, son.

Thread Information