Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Called it from day one.

I told you to listen to the one that knows his here, son.
    Did you call Messi going to PSG?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Barça replaced Griezmann with Luuk de Jong in a season loan with an option to buy, from Sevilla, before the transfer market closed.

Laporta trying to balance the books, said keeping Messi would put the club at risk for 50 years.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Did you call Messi going to PSG?
    I don't know, I did say he should go there, tbh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I don't know, I did say he should go there, tbh.
    I believe you tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Things look pretty bad, when the forward to replace Messi and Griezmann is the third striker of Sevilla. Barça needs badly the Camp Nou to open, the tourists to return (but who are they gonna see play now?) and Nike to chip in with a ground breaking deal.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol either bankrupt or hoping some oily middle east got buy them out...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol either bankrupt or hoping some oily middle east got buy them out...
    It seems that the strategy is to prop up Atlético de Madrid, to avoid Real Madrid widens the advantage in leagues won. Barça already cut the distance when Cruyff managed and during Messi’s era, and Atlético is far behind. I guess that were some of the reasons they shipped Suárez and Griezmann there.

Other reason is that no one would have touched Griezmann contract and paid €50M on top, while for Atlético he’s a known commodity. Also he said would only play for Barça or Atlético. And also to unload huge salaries and bring some cash.

As long as young players prove good and Barça manages to pay enough to keep them, the things will be good in the future, and as of now the team will still classify for the Champions League, win a Copa de Rey, pass the group phase in the champions league or win the Europa league, and not much more, till young players hit their prime. Also Koeman seems good, in his second season will coach better perhaps offsetting the players that left the the club.

Even with Messi and Griezmann it’s not sure Barça would have won more leagues or much less the Champions, so making some changes was necessary anyways. More so since the club is losing huge amounts of money and deep in debts.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It seems there will be 3-4 subpar seasons for Barça, till the the financial situation improves. The strategy was to ride on Messi’s prime and other great players like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Suárez, Neymar to win as many Champions League trophies and La Liga les as possible. Now the run is over, Messi couldn’t help win more leagues anymore and in the champions there were really no chances. They paid what had to be paid to have supposedly the best roster in the world, but after the pandemic hit, the team went bankrupt.

It looks like short term strategy is to prop up Atlético, so that they can take as many les as possible from Real Madrid. Long term is to wait to see if new Masía players are world class and pray there’s money to re-sign them later. But perhaps the cash stream from the Camp Nou that’s now open will change a lot of things.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Xavi apparently set to return to Barcelona as manager.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    It seems there will be 3-4 subpar seasons for Barça, till the the financial situation improves. The strategy was to ride on Messi’s prime and other great players like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Suárez, Neymar to win as many Champions League trophies and La Liga les as possible. Now the run is over, Messi couldn’t help win more leagues anymore and in the champions there were really no chances. They paid what had to be paid to have supposedly the best roster in the world, but after the pandemic hit, the team went bankrupt.

It looks like short term strategy is to prop up Atlético, so that they can take as many les as possible from Real Madrid. Long term is to wait to see if new Masía players are world class and pray there’s money to re-sign them later. But perhaps the cash stream from the Camp Nou that’s now open will change a lot of things.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol they actually signed Dani Alves

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol they actually signed Dani Alves
    There are rumours Barça would sign Ronaldo if United fails to qualify for the Champions this season. Not sure if that makes much sense, but it will bring back the tourists to the Camp Nou, that’s for sure, which in turn will allow for younger long term signings for the future.

There’s a lot of hype with the return of the “Sargent” Xavi as manager. He already set a lot of rules and fines, that didn’t sit well with some veterans.
    Last edited by dunkman; 11-12-2021 at 08:21 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    While the Madrid got €400M upfront for selling non-football related lease of the new Santiago Bernabéu, Laporta presents barefoot 38-years old Dani Alves to improve the defense . . .

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.expr...-Liga-Xavi/amp
    Last edited by dunkman; 11-18-2021 at 01:59 PM.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    There are rumours Barça would sign Ronaldo if United fails to qualify for the Champions this season. Not sure if that makes much sense, but it will bring back the tourists to the Camp Nou, that’s for sure, which in turn will allow for younger long term signings for the future.

There’s a lot of hype with the return of the “Sargent” Xavi as manager. He already set a lot of rules and fines, that didn’t sit well with some veterans.
    Ronaldo playing for Barça ?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Suspect reffing, tbh, but Barça has won two league games with Xavi as manager.
    Perhaps it’s not all lost.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Xavi playing Tiki Taka from 10 years ago
    another L at home

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi gone, Barcelona out in the group stage of CL and middle of the table in Spain. And that's with even mpre talent than last season (outside of Messi, of course).

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi gone, Barcelona out in the group stage of CL and middle of the table in Spain. And that's with even mpre talent than last season (outside of Messi, of course).
    Inirsta Neymar Suarez gone

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Great signing for Barcelona tbh

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Great signing for Barcelona tbh

Cheers, really hope it works out we are desperate for attackers

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    So Ronaldo has like 50 more wins in like 100 more games?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Cheers, really hope it works out we are desperate for attackers
    He was playing great before his injury - for both club and country
    Can play striker or on the wings, super talented

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Barcelona signs Man City 21-years right winger Ferrán Torres for €55M plus €10M in variables. The salary is expected to be in region of €12.5M x year. The team has to reduce the salary mass to be able to register Torres with La Liga. The rumours are Piqué may retire.

Álvaro Morata, Spain NT and Juventus center forward is close to sign with Barcelona, the deal is 6-months loan followed by mandatory buyout in the €20-25M region. His contract is held by Atlético de Madrid and the transfer needs approval from Juve that are trying to find a replacement and are asking Morata to stay. Morata also asked for guarantees that will be registered.

===

Luuk de Jong seems on his way out of Barcelona.

Dembélé didn’t appreciate the signing of Torres that plays the same position and says has much better offers than what Barça offers for re-signing, apparently from PSG.

===

Laporta is also promising Haaland for the summer transfer window, to whoever would listen.

Thread Information