Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just did another radio interview about Ron Paul and his delegates! (AUDIO)

05/09/2012 Wednesday - 1st Hour: With Patricia Romanae. 2nd Hour: With Rolf Lindgren.

LINK TO AUDIO HERE:

http://www.americanfreedomradio.com/Barrett_12.html

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you learn that some delegates are committed to vote for a candidate according to the results of a primary yet?

If not, you aren't worth listening to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YOU STINKING BUNDLE OF STICKS!

Are you trying to insult or compliment me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you learn that some delegates are committed to vote for a candidate according to the results of a primary yet?

If not, you aren't worth listening to.
    you're wrong. Try a google.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sociopathic spawn of Randian Paul:

Even Tony Perkins Thinks Rand Paul’s Anti-Gay Joke Was Unacceptable

Speaking at a Christian conservative group in Iowa on Friday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) made an anti-gay joke at President Obama’s expense: “Call me cynical, but I wasn’t sure his views on marriage could get any gayer.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...-unacceptable/

While TV ads try to get kids to stop using gay as an insult, Rand Paul insults the President as "gayer". Rand Paul should see if he can get served in a gay bar, have his civil rights violated.

wake me up when Rand tackles a gay and amputates his hair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even then I'm sure you'd just hit the snooze button and go back to dreaming of Paul²

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So Randian Paul gets your support for not being a physical-assault gang bully? That's RP's best quality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Randian Paul gets your support for not being a physical-assault gang bully? That's RP's best quality.
    You're all confused. I never said I supported Rand the son.

I support Paul the father. and the father has not said any gay jokes that I know of.

the haters confusing the father and son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you Rand Paul for saving the world
    summer blockbuster film, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    summer blockbuster film, imo
    supporting a politician's move != supporting the politician

for example I supported Obama's threat to to veto SOPA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe something in SOPA can tell me why I should be outraged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're wrong. Try a google.
    I did yesterday.
    Nevada delegates are bound by the state’s results on the first convention ballot, so Romney will still get their support. Paul’s Nevada supporters are not challenging that rule, for fear of losing their convention seats altogether. Delegates who abstain will be replaced with alternates.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n15T_blog.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan Delegates Are UNBOUND After All

There was an article last week that indicated many delegates would probably abstain during the first round of voting to get around state binding, but they did an investigative report and determined that delegates from Michigan that were thought to be bound are in fact UNBOUND and free to vote their conscience on the 1st ballot.

This article makes it clear that not only are Michigan's delegates unbound, but very likely that all delegates will be unbound at the national convention. The state convention in Michigan is 5/18 and 5/19 and Ron Paul is expected to pick up more delegates and it is unlikely that Romney will even get the 16 that he thought he had secured.
    http://www.michiganstandard.com/261/ron-paul-delegate-strate...

We featured an article on here a few days ago regarding the possibility of Ron Paul winning delegates in Michigan, and whether or not it would be possible based on GOP rules. After a ton of comments and emails back and forth with various sources, we have a clearer picture on what the rules are and how we might expect them to be interpreted.

Rule 38 and the Unit Rule
    First there is the infamous Rule 38 of the Rules of the Republican Party which states, “No delegate or alternate delegate shall be bound by any attempt of any state or Congressional district to impose the unit rule.” So this sounds like delegates can not be bound to vote for a particular candidate, right? Well, first let’s look at what the unit rule is.

The unit rule prohibits states from forcing all delegates to vote as a unit. In other words, a state can not bind all delegates together and force them to vote a certain way. However, states get around this rule by having one or more at-large delegates which are not bound and free to vote however they want.

So…Are Bound Delegates Really Bound?
    So what about the regular delegates – the ones not so lucky to be a token unbound delegate? Surprisingly, we were unable to find anything that indicates that any of the delegates can actually be bound at the national convention. Initially we had heard reports that delegates could simply abstain during the first round of voting, but it appears they may not even have to do that.

Mitt Romney had this very issue come up in 2008 while running against John McCain in Utah. Mitt Romney won almost 90% of the votes in the primary, but the Utah Republican Party voted in a standing rule that effectively bound all of those delegates to vote for John McCain at the national convention, since Romney had dropped out of the race.

However, one of those delegates refused to vote for McCain and that prompted a letter from Jennifer Sheehan who is legal counsel for the Republican National Committee to Utah National Committeewoman Nancy Lord. In it, Sheehan said “The RNC does not recognize a states’ binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose.” She continued, “The national convention allows delegates to vote for the individual of their choice, regardless of whether the persons name is officially placed into nomination or not.”

What Does the Law Say?
    Another fascinating tidbit is the fact that there are no laws that cover this. Election laws do not apply because the delegate process is handled by the Democratic and Republican national organizations. So don’t expect the courts to get involved, but do expect to see all sorts of shenanigans pulled at the Republican national convention. If Mitt Romney doesn’t have 1,144 actual delegates secured, and its increasingly beginning to look like he may not, then not only is the door opened for Ron Paul, but it’s essentially opened for anyone else as well. That could include candidates that have dropped out, or other power brokers in the Republican Party that never entered the race.

Our state convention will be held this Friday and Saturday, and it’s going to be very interesting to see how the delegates actually fall, but its unlikely that Romney will get a majority of them despite winning the state primary in February. If all of this seems different than how you thought our political process worked, you’re not alone. And to complicate matters more, when it comes to collecting delegates, Ron Paul just keeps on winning…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think the RNC is going to just sit back and take a bunch of Paulbot chaos at their convention, you're more delusional that I thought.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Paul ends his hunt for votes

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said Monday he will not compete in primaries in any of the states that have not yet voted — essentially confirming Mitt Romney will win the Republican presidential nomination.

Mr. Paul said he will continue to work to win delegates in states that have already voted and where the process of delegate-selection is playing out. He said that’s a way to make his voice heard at the Republican nominating convention in Tampa, Fla., in August.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted,” Mr. Paul said. “Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...is-hunt-votes/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured someone would bite on that MSM propaganda misleading trash.

A message from Ron Paul..

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future......

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also from Ron Paul...

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.
    I guess Ron Paul is putting out misleading trash too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The headline on Drudge says it all "Ron Paul OUT!" Link to the Washington Times article and it says "Ron Paul Ends His Hunt For Votes".
    The first headline is NOT TRUE.
    The second headline MAY BE.

Either way, read through the article and you will see that the inference that Paul is out of the race is absolutely not true. The article explains that Paul will abandon the game of going from state to state to trying to win a popular vote that doesn't count for anything. Instead he will focus on the states that are currently holding delegate conventions.

That strategy makes a lot of sense when you have the kind of fights in Oklahoma and Arizona we saw this weekend. The State Conventions is where the nomination will be won or lost not traveling from state to state for beauty contests.

Ben Swann ‏ @Fox19BenSwann
    MSM thinks Paul is dropping out because they don't understand delegate process http://bit.ly/Ab0sLP

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Keep this in mind people.

Ron Paul is not stupid.

If he didn't have a chance to win, he would have got out like the others have.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Ron Paul ends his hunt for votes

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said Monday he will not compete in primaries in any of the states that have not yet voted — essentially confirming Mitt Romney will win the Republican presidential nomination.

Mr. Paul said he will continue to work to win delegates in states that have already voted and where the process of delegate-selection is playing out. He said that’s a way to make his voice heard at the Republican nominating convention in Tampa, Fla., in August.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted,” Mr. Paul said. “Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...is-hunt-votes/
    He is still in the game, focusing only on delegates now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep this in mind people.

Ron Paul is not stupid.

If he didn't have a chance to win, he would have got out like the others have.
    He doesn't have a chance to win any primaries and is out of money.

Now he just wants to hijack state conventions.

The RNC will shut him down eventually and give him an excuse to run third party.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    He doesn't have a chance to win any primaries and is out of money.

Now he just wants to hijack state conventions.

The RNC will shut him down eventually and give him an excuse to run third party.
    What do you want to wager?

I guess we will see now. Time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you want to wager?

I guess we will see now. Time will tell.
    Wager on what?

That he's out of money? He just said he was out of money.

That he wants to hijack state conventions? He just said that's what he wanted to do.

That the RNC will shut him down eventually? That's already happening.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Wager on what?

That he's out of money? He just said he was out of money.

That he wants to hijack state conventions? He just said that's what he wanted to do.

That the RNC will shut him down eventually? That's already happening.
    That the RNC shuts him down and he runs as an independent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That the RNC shuts him down and he runs as an independent.
    The first part is a given. He probably won't have any money to make a run.

Thread Information