Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOSTILE WORKPLACE
    OBAMA WHITE HOUSE PAYS WOMEN LESS THAN MEN, RECORDS SHOW

Female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the free beacon lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crunch the numbers yourself, Halfbake.

The Beacon claims to have derived their numbers from this...

2011 Annual Report to Congress on White House Staff

Let me know what you come up with.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    looks fine to me. how long have they been on the job?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't decide whether this is more simple-minded or dishonest. for someone who abhors political correctness Yoni sure is quick to call others racist and sexist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't decide whether this is more simple-minded or dishonest. for someone who abhors political correctness Yoni sure is quick to call others racist and sexist.
    It's actually neither; the sexist and racist posts were intended to point out such judgments are made about others by those who worship at the font of political correctness.

I remember a photograph of a Tea Party rally being held up as proof it was a racist organization because [unlike the case here, where there are NO African-American faces] there were very few African-American faces in the crowd.

The same has been done on women's issues. , the left has been trying to make the conservative opposition to forcing the Catholic Church to provide contraceptives, abortafacients, and pregnancy termination services into some War Against Women; which it's not. It's a war over religious freedom.

These two articles I came across this week just happen to demonstrate the silliness most commonly engaged in by the left...take a piece of information or a photograph and make up a story about it.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all of the above Alex!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the catholic church needs to work on themselves, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These two articles I came across this week just happen to demonstrate the silliness most commonly engaged in by the left...take a piece of information or a photograph and make up a story about it.
    funny, that's your MO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the catholic church needs to work on themselves, tbh.
    That doesn't mean their right to religious freedom should be attacked by the federal government.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you support it when your side does it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, the Democrats are declaring a War on Moms!

Hilary Rosen, a partner at SKDKnickerbocker, the PR firm of former Obama communications director Anita Dunn, charged that Ann Romney "hasn't worked a day in her life" and suggested that Ann Romney can't possibly understand economic issues because she's a lowly homemaker.

What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, “Well, my wife tells me what women really care about are economic issues.” And, “When I listen to my wife, that’s what I’m hearing.” Guess what? His wife has never actually worked a day in her life. She’s never really dealt with the economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing—in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school, and how do—why we worry about their future.
    In the same breath Rosen ironically says:

... there’s something much more fundamental about Mitt Romney—he just seems so old-fashioned when it comes to women, and I think that comes across, and I think that’s going to hurt him over the long term. He just doesn’t really see us as equal.
    Yes, there is something old-fashioned about the belief that a homemaker couldn't understand the complexity of the economics affecting her household. Rosen apparently subscribes to the Linda Hirschman worldview, one that posits women are only as valuable as their contributions outside the home, unrelated to children and family. Rearing up the next generation that will someday run the world is woefully under appreciated.

From an overflow of the heart the mouth speaks and Rosen makes it clear that her prejudice against women who stay home stems from a lack of respect and appreciation for what those women do. If the goal of feminism is choice, Rosen betrays the mutual respect amongst members of the female sex by degrading the choices of other women.

Considering Ann Romney is a breast cancer survivor who reared five children and played the backbone to her successful husband, I'm not sure this is a battle Democrats want to pick -- especially with an opponent like Ann Romney, a breast cancer survivor living with MS who raised five children.
    Ooops! Looks like Obama is going to have to throw another friend under the bus.

Seriously, who's waging the war on women?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, the Democrats are declaring a War on Moms!

Ooops! Looks like Obama is going to have to throw another friend under the bus.
    Nah, that's not going to change any women's minds.

Unless they're idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait a minute, maybe there is something to my original post...

Book: Women in Obama White House felt excluded and ignored

Anybody remember that?

Well, one Hilary Rosen -- yes, the one claiming motherhood isn't work -- happens to be the Managing Partner of the firm representing Sandra Fluke (yes, that Sandra Fluke). One of her partners is former White House Communications Director Anita Dunn who was quoted in the above mentioned book, saying:

“This place would be in court for a hostile workplace,” former White House communications director Anita Dunn is quoted as saying. “Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women.”
    Christina Roemer, former head of the Council for Economic Advisors was also quoted in the book as saying:

“I felt like a piece of meat,” Christina Romer, former head of the Council of Economic Advisers, said of one meeting in which Suskind writes she was “boxed out” by Summers.
    So, maybe there is something to this claim the Obama administration is discriminatory toward women and that is why they are paid 16% less.

Of course if we had a curious press or, better, if it were a Republican administration, they'd be all over this like Bill Clinton on Monica Lewinsky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you are really concerned about Romney's gender gap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, when it was pointed out Hilary Rosen has visited the White House more than 35 times, Jay Carney was ready...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Man, you are really concerned about Romney's gender gap.
    Somebody needs to be. Romney sure as doesn't appear to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, yoni is certainly carrying out his blog overlords' marching orders.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    That was hard to watch. Stumbling, bumbling and mumbling. Bless his heart for trying. God bless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cracker for Cain!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody needs to be. Romney sure as doesn't appear to be.
    Romney doesn't appear to be the one having an issue with women.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...just all his Republican friends...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...just all his Republican friends...
    Romney is the candidate.

So is Obama.

Between the two, it appears Obama has the larger issue with women.

He underpays them and one of his top advisers now devalues stay-at-home mothers.

Nice move.

Thread Information