Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    silverblk mystix
    What makes you think you know better than Pop who the best players on the floor are.

Because a chimpanzee can tell you that Finley, Bogans and Bonner are a in' joke.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see who sucks....and it doesn't take them years to see it.

Furthermore...if the spurs had no-one else that was better than Bonner...then I would be the first one in line here telling you that Pop is just doing the best he can with the talent he has...

but the truth to anyone with a brain and anyone who isn't buried under Pop's nutsack (meaning you Blake/ mdumpster/schtiikk) is that the spurs do indeed have much better options than Bonner but this idiot coach can't in see this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if my Aunt had a she'd be my uncle...what is your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop probably knows that Splitter is one of his best players Blake.

The fact that Pop has gone from using the former Spanish League MVP as a garbage man to running the second unit's offense through him, sending him out there beside Duncan when the going gets tough, and trusting him to anchor that second unit defense in his second year of playing within the system (among other things) tells me that the coach probably recognizes that he's a good player on some level.

In fact, the stuff I've mentioned right there is a list of more responsibilities than Pop has ever shown signs of giving to either Blair or Bonner in their combined years of being here.

It's more likely that he's chosen to prioritize offense first with the starters since Blair is in the line-up and is counting on the bench to blow things open. That's fine during the regular season but in the playoffs you give your stronger players the majority of the minutes. That's why people like myself have been ripping the decision to not play Tim/Tiago together because while they've been looking better I'm not convinced that the offense will be at the level we need it to be in the playoffs.
    How many NBA playoff games have you coached?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because a chimpanzee can tell you that Finley, Bogans and Bonner are a in' joke.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see who sucks....and it doesn't take them years to see it.
    So you know more than Pop.

Rofl.

Furthermore...if the spurs had no-one else that was better than Bonner...then I would be the first one in line here telling you that Pop is just doing the best he can with the talent he has...

but the truth to anyone with a brain and anyone who isn't buried under Pop's nutsack (meaning you Blake/ mdumpster/schtiikk) is that the spurs do indeed have much better options than Bonner but this idiot coach can't in see this.
    Your hate for Pop is blinding you into thinking others are under Pop's nut sack and that you are smarter than he is.

silverblk mystix
    So you know more than Pop.

Rofl.

Your hate for Pop is blinding you into thinking others are under Pop's nut sack and that you are smarter than he is.

Can you repeat that...I couldn't understand you due to some old hairy ballz in your mouth...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think Pop does it to piss off this board.

He really just wants to play bad players to show that he can. Its obvious. His huge ego has surpassed the will to win. And all the players on our team that really belong know this. Its why we have so many private player meetings, to hash out the idiocy that is Pop.

I personally believe we are among a number of other teams that could win this thing, but odds say we will not. It looks very fluid to me. So you most likely can bump this back. Cause everyone saw Dallas winning last year before the playoffs. It was all so obvious after the playoffs were over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you repeat that...I couldn't understand you due to some old hairy ballz in your mouth...
    I guess this is something that owners of Mustangs routinely think about.

Neat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many NBA playoff games have you coached?
    Where have I said I know how to coach better than Pop and that I'm putting in an application for his job? I've said repeatedly that Pop is one of the best in the business and it's a testament to how much he's done right that this is the only complaint I have about him.

This is a discussion board and I'm using common sense, logic, and history to form conclusions about what I think will happen in the future.

Mediocre defense + weak frontcourt= early playoff exit unless your offense is historically good and your opponents are all offensively-oriented as well. Not even Pop has won a championship that way and he has 4 on his resume.

You're free to disagree and if you have evidence backing your point I can be persuaded to see it your way. But coming after my coaching credentials when I haven't claimed to be a coach isn't a basketball argument...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who uses the word "sheeple" seriously loses the internet by default.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I personally believe we are among a number of other teams that could win this thing, but odds say we will not.
    Solely because Pop is the coach, Bonner gets playing time and Splitter doesn't play with Tim.

Fix those three things and the Spurs can set up the parade route right now.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solely because Pop is the coach, Bonner gets playing time and Splitter doesn't play with Tim.

Fix those three things and the Spurs can set up the parade route right now.
    Wish it was that easy.

Its not so obvious to me as it is to others, the lineups and changes during certain situations. We have a lot more to work with this year. I dont want those decisions. I would rather watch thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where have I said I know how to coach better than Pop and that I'm putting in an application for his job? I've said repeatedly that Pop is one of the best in the business and it's a testament to how much he's done right that this is the only complaint I have about him.

This is a discussion board and I'm using common sense, logic, and history to form conclusions about what I think will happen in the future.

Mediocre defense + weak frontcourt= early playoff exit unless your offense is historically good and your opponents are all offensively-oriented as well. Not even Pop has won a championship that way and he has 4 on his resume.

You're free to disagree and if you have evidence backing your point I can be persuaded to see it your way. But coming after my coaching credentials when I haven't claimed to be a coach isn't a basketball argument...
    You're claiming he's making mistakes this year regarding Splitter before the playoffs have even started. I'm not making any claim at all.

The Spurs are tops right now, so there's no evidence to suggest such mistakes exist. Since you aren't an NBA coach either, there's nothing left for me to do except say that your claim sucks. I don't buy it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're claiming he's making mistakes this year regarding Splitter before the playoffs have even started. I'm not making any claim at all.

The Spurs are tops right now, so there's no evidence to suggest such mistakes exist. Since you aren't an NBA coach either, there's nothing left for me to do except say that your claim sucks. I don't buy it.
    ...Because they're the same mistakes he made last year in the playoffs by relying on 3 ball and the perimeter while neglecting size and defense. I'm not saying that playing Splitter/Diaw more than Bonner/Blair is a championship guarantee but I think that the big rotation is one of the minor adjustments that can give the Spurs a better chance.

Your whole argument seems to center around the fact that the Spurs are tops in the regular season *right now* and that I'm not a professional coach. The Spurs were in first place last year and still got bounced and I've never claimed to be an expert.

Fast forward a year later and while our wings are significantly better we still have a lot of the same issues although the odds of taking number 5 this year are better.

This is a discussion board and we're all speculating to a large extent. Come up with a basketball-related argument, go ahead and say "wait and see", or agree to disagree. Just please stop with the personal swipes. That's especially uncalled for since I'm being civil with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EGADS!! Emotions running a little high right now?

Gotta' love this time of the year, hehehehe. Christmas is coming! YIPPY-YAAAY!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Because they're the same mistakes he made last year in the playoffs by relying on 3 ball and the perimeter while neglecting size and defense. I'm not saying that playing Splitter/Diaw more than Bonner/Blair is a championship guarantee but I think that the big rotation is one of the minor adjustments that can give the Spurs a better chance.

Your whole argument seems to center around the fact that the Spurs are tops in the regular season *right now* and that I'm not a professional coach. The Spurs were in first place last year and still got bounced and I've never claimed to be an expert.

Fast forward a year later and while our wings are significantly better we still have a lot of the same issues although the odds of taking number 5 this year are better.

This is a discussion board and we're all speculating to a large extent. Come up with a basketball-related argument, go ahead and say "wait and see", or agree to disagree. Just please stop with the personal swipes. That's especially uncalled for since I'm being civil with you.
    Tldr

Nothing personal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damage control

silverblk mystix
    Don't get excited yet Blake...

gotta win the le before you wet yourself...

c'mon now....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest moves have made the team much more legit in my opinion. Offensively they're clicking, defensively things are working out when Blair's not playing, and the big rotation is looking much better overall.

Hopefully this keeps up going into the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damage controlinao!!!!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

c'mon now....
    You've had so few opportunities to wet yourself over a loss lately; your frustration is understandable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

c'mon now....
    This is your pre-ejac thread, not mine.

I'm sure if the Spurs lose game 7 of the finals, you'll throw yourself a parade for being right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is your pre-ejac thread, not mine.

I'm sure if the Spurs lose game 7 of the finals, you'll throw yourself a parade for being right.

Funny but honestly what kind of fans do that when they're right about bad news?

silverblk mystix
    You've had so few opportunities to wet yourself over a loss lately; your frustration is understandable.
    You got me all wrong....

I enjoy every single win...I especially enjoy that Pop is finally getting with the program....

If Pop suddenly reverses course (you never know) and buries Tiago and overplays Bonner....I will be right back here telling you how much Pop sucks...

If Pop has really turned a corner and this continues and the Spurs win a ring....

I will eat and praise Pop to high heavens....I NEVER want to see the team lose....I want nothing less than a le...anything LESS....

Makes Pop a loser....he has no excuse with this much talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing we know for sure is that Pops love of Bonner and Blair has led to limited success in the playoffs the last seasons. Is he sober and rational this season? Let's all hope.

silverblk mystix
    Only thing we know for sure is that Pops love of Bonner and Blair has led to limited success in the playoffs the last seasons. Is he sober and rational this season? Let's all hope.
    there you go...explained simply and honestly....

unless you DON'T want to hear the truth...

Thread Information