Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2398
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally support every player pulling a Deron Williams on him. Take your 5 rings and enjoy retirement, Pop. You’re clearly not a fit for this league anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically I could see the team turning toxic enough to where he gets fired but it's framed as "stepping down" to save face.
    Forced out by who? F'n Wright?

RC won't do it. Local media won't say . , the majority of fans wouldn't even go for it. Even in this thread, you got Sniffers like ex, Sugus, and Obstructed saying he's doing an amazing job this season. Every single "star" player he's coached since Timmy has left has wanted out and e's still here not giving a on the bench night in, night out. He's untouchable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RC won't do it. Local media won't say . , the majority of fans wouldn't even go for it. Even in this thread, you got Sniffers like ex, Sugus, and Obstructed saying he's doing an amazing job this season. Every single "star" player he's coached since Timmy has left has wanted out and e's still here not giving a on the bench night in, night out. He's untouchable
    Maybe. But I think this could get ugly enough. I think if it ever came down to Pop or Wemby that the Spurs should choose Wemby. I don't think that was the case for the other players. It might not seem like Wemby would do that, but he's the closet thing the Spurs have had to Kawhi in terms of having an active team that will agitate for change on his behalf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In before Pop puts in a real PG wth five games left in the season. We've seen him make the obvious decision people were clamoring before a season or a playoff series ended
    Last edited by NASpurs; 11-14-2023 at 11:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. But I think this could get ugly enough. I think if it ever came down to Pop or Wemby that the Spurs should choose Wemby. I don't think that was the case for the other players. It might not seem like Wemby would do that, but he's the closet thing the Spurs have had to Kawhi in terms of having an active team that will agitate for change on his behalf.
    The fact that that is even a question sums up everything wrong with this organization ever since Timmy left tbh. I legitimately think there are some people on this board that think they should choose the 74yo that hasn't sniffed success in several seasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TNT commentator: "The Spurs lack of a point guard is reeeaaallly showing right now."

You don't say.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 11-14-2023 at 11:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. But I think this could get ugly enough. I think if it ever came down to Pop or Wemby that the Spurs should choose Wemby.
    Ya think?

My wonder is does Wemby have smart and supportive enough people around him to ditch Poppeds nonsense when this continues.
    Whadaya think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Emperor has no clothes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya think?

My wonder is does Wemby have smart and supportive enough people around him to ditch Poppeds nonsense when this continues.
    Whadaya think?

Wemby’s mother is a basketball coach. Just an observation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lose/lose situation for Wemby if Pop leaves/stays

Either he'll be historically the player that retired/fired Pop or he has to deal with his suicidal strategy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ When Grahmn and Chapagne were in i thought we looked like a team.

Oh btw,one or both of them had the only successful lobs to Wemby, both for easy slams.

Sure enough Popped takes them both out.
    McDip was infuriating but as Pops Pet stays in.

Sochan looks lost per par. Vassell looks for his own shot and that's about it.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

While I don't recall suggesting he was amazing this season, see my post in the fire pop thread.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hilarious that I would be called a sniffer. I have been calling out Pop for over fifteen years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that that is even a question sums up everything wrong with this organization ever since Timmy left tbh. I legitimately think there are some people on this board that think they should choose the 74yo that hasn't sniffed success in several seasons
    Ya think?

Whadaya think?
    Sorry. When I said "should" I meant "would". Like this is the first player the Spurs would pick over Pop. They weren't going to sack him to please DeRozan, Aldridge or even Kawhi. I was answering Mu's question -- I think Pop could be forced out by Wemby if it doesn't work out between them. It doesn't matter if Wright or RC or the young Holts wouldn't do it on their own. If Wemby pushes hard enough, they would do it. I think Victor has both the means and the will, though I don't think it's something he/his team would do unless things got really dire. I do think the PR fear is real as well as the respect angle. But I also think he's the only one who has enough clout to push Pop off the plan he has for the season, and it's possible that Pop might decide to leave if he feels he's not the right coach anymore.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really not funny now.

The team hasn''t looked prepared and organized in 2, but really 5, years. I'm sorry but the teams have never seemed to have a plan of attack, nor does he seem to ever adjust things, especially the last few years.

Maybe fans are jumping ship/ ing too fast, but this is not a non-emergency situation.

The guys do not look like they know how to play. Being physically outmatched is something different from what we have been seeing. Ring the danged alarm bell.

Edit: Unless we are tanking intentionally. In that case, hey, I get it, and welcome it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Wemby has the will (at least yet) nor the personality to do so

Also too much to expect from a 19yo rookie. He already carries enough

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Wemby has the will (at least yet) nor the personality to do so

Also too much to expect from a 19yo rookie. He already carries enough
    He will be fine he just needs better guidance

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are everyone's thoughts/reactions to this?

It should be noted that the reporter's tone kinda alluded to wanting answers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be fine he just needs better guidance
    She means the will and personality (at this point in his 19 year old time) to push Pop off his bull strategies.
    Whether that be getting him to change, bring in coaches who do have a clue, or push Pop out entirely as Mr.
    "I'll retire when Duncan retires" should have done at least 5 years ago.

Say what one wants to about Phil Jackson, and I despised his swarmy aura.....he had the foresight to know that he himself was not an offensive coach so brought in Tex Winter to run the O Show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are everyone's thoughts/reactions to this?

It should be noted that the reporter's tone kinda alluded to wanting answers.
    The 'we just need to play harder, we played hard for 22 minutes but not the final 2'.....

Was a 100% deflection / cop out imo.

It's the b.s. strategies, not a lack of effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the players have tuned him out. I know I would if I was being put in a position to fail every game. The game has passed the old man. They desperately need a new coach. Pop should move to the front office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ll get the “wemby was just a taller Samanic” takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs have had talent deficiencies basically since Aldridge fell apart. But even last year, the team was never this bad. It’s completely disorganized. Nothing one player is doing seems to be related to what any other player is doing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need for damage control, losing initially shouldn’t be to shocking We’ll hopefully pull it together soon!

Thread Information