Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Diaw.

The Spurs have a nice collection of expiring contracts to make a deal now or as the deadline approaches.
    It also gives them a good-sized chunk of cap space next season (which they'll probably use to re-sign Diaw and De Colo, but a man can dream).

I'd be fine with a trade for someone whom the team thinks can help, but I hope they don't parlay those contracts into another Jefferson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also gives them a good-sized chunk of cap space next season (which they'll probably use to re-sign Diaw and De Colo, but a man can dream).

I'd be fine with a trade for someone whom the team thinks can help, but I hope they don't parlay those contracts into another Jefferson.
    No chance of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance of that.
    You sure they aren't going to consider Gerald Wallace or Tyrus Thomas the missing piece?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure they aren't going to consider Gerald Wallace or Tyrus Thomas the missing piece?
    Yes.

The Spurs have operated in accordance with some easy to discern principles for well over a decade. They seriously broke with those principles one time, and that's when they acquired RJ. They're not going down that road again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Manu and Splitter signing we should probably just wait for the "numbers"...then sign Neal.
    Then, MLE for our main target (Kirilenko?) Then, sign and trade for other targets.
    One of them, imho, is one that have never been considered till now but brings exactly what we need : Nate Robinson.
    If I red well, Chicago offered him just the minimum...

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 remaining FA by 2012-2103 WS rank and that rank in 2012-2013 salaries
    Hickson, J.J 42nd, $11,566,265 (Kevin Garnett)
    Pekovic, Nikola 45th, $11,000,000 (Monta Ellis)
    Landry, Carl 54th, $10,000,000 (Andrea Bargani)
    Teague, Jeff 58th, $9,638,554 (Tim Duncan)
    Kirilenko, Andrei 60th, $9,439,000 (Danilo Galinari)
    Robinson, Nate 64th, $8,646,364 (Shawn Marion)
    Jennings, Brandon 66th, $8,600,000 (Jameer Nelson)
    Collison, Darren 71st, $8,374,646 (Jeremy Lin)
    Jack, Jarrett 74th, $8,289,130 (Thaddeus Young)
    Wright, Dorell 97th, $6,698,565 (Samuel Dalembert)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far down the list I just noticed Derek Fisher's horrible, maddening and sad WS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 remaining FA by 2012-2103 WS rank and that rank in 2012-2013 salaries
    Hickson, J.J 42nd, $11,566,265 (Kevin Garnett)
    Pekovic, Nikola 45th, $11,000,000 (Monta Ellis)
    Teague, Jeff 58th, $9,638,554 (Tim Duncan)
    Kirilenko, Andrei 60th, $9,439,000 (Danilo Galinari)
    Robinson, Nate 64th, $8,646,364 (Shawn Marion)
    Jennings, Brandon 66th, $8,600,000 (Jameer Nelson)
    Monta Ellis 104th 6,500,000 (Spencer Hawes)
    Tyler Hansbrough 118th $5,750,000 (Kyle Lowry)
    Antawn Jamison 121st $5,486,250 (Chuck Hayes)
    Brandan Wright 129th $5,220,000 (Antonio McDyess? He was on the books?)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty crazy, IMO, that Nate Robinson hasn't got anything so far, and looks like he is walking away from the Bulls. A S&T with the bulls would be very interesting to me. The Bulls need a 3ed PG, behind Rose and the Teague/Hinrich combo. They only have the vet min to offer, so Mills is about as good as they can expect to get.

As an S&T, we could, IIRC, offer 150% + 100K of Mills's salary = 1.5* $1,133,950 +100K = ~$1.8M. Guaranteed for 2 years, I think at this point, Nate might jump at it. No one has offered him anything resembling big money.

Nate would provide useful compe ion to the back up PG slot with Cojo. He's a remorseless shooter a la Neal (something Pop actually likes), and hit 40.5% from 3 on 8.0 3FGA/48 - Neal had 35.5% on 8.1 3FGA/48. Robinson's also much better at get to the hoop, passing, and handling the ball. He might be worse at defense (due to size), but he probably gets that back on athleticism...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty crazy, IMO, that Nate Robinson hasn't got anything so far, and looks like he is walking away from the Bulls. A S&T with the bulls would be very interesting to me. The Bulls need a 3ed PG, behind Rose and the Teague/Hinrich combo. They only have the vet min to offer, so Mills is about as good as they can expect to get.

As an S&T, we could, IIRC, offer 150% + 100K of Mills's salary = 1.5* $1,133,950 +100K = ~$1.8M. Guaranteed for 2 years, I think at this point, Nate might jump at it. No one has offered him anything resembling big money.

Nate would provide useful compe ion to the back up PG slot with Cojo. He's a remorseless shooter a la Neal (something Pop actually likes), and hit 40.5% from 3 on 8.0 3FGA/48 - Neal had 35.5% on 8.1 3FGA/48. Robinson's also much better at get to the hoop, passing, and handling the ball. He might be worse at defense (due to size), but he probably gets that back on athleticism...
    If possible, I too would like this move...gets you the chance to replace what Neal gave you at a decent amount (plus more defensive skills). I just wander why Bulls just made him a minimum offer...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If possible, I too would like this move...gets you the chance to replace what Neal gave you at a decent amount (plus more defensive skills). I just wander why Bulls just made him a minimum offer...
    1) I wouldn't say more defensive skills. Nate Robinson is not a significantly better defender than Neal, but he is a significantly better passer and ball handler.

2) The Bulls aren't to interested in having him because they have Rose. They clearly plan on 40 minutes a night from Rose. Robinson can't play beside Rose (both are too ball dominant, and neither can defend SG's), so how do you fit Nate into the team?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) I wouldn't say more defensive skills. Nate Robinson is not a significantly better defender than Neal, but he is a significantly better passer and ball handler.

2) The Bulls aren't to interested in having him because they have Rose. They clearly plan on 40 minutes a night from Rose. Robinson can't play beside Rose (both are too ball dominant, and neither can defend SG's), so how do you fit Nate into the team?

I see Robinson as a really better defender on the ball...he can provide steals and pressing.
    He ìs, however,better athletically than Neal...in the right system he could play more than decent help defense.

Imho he's a hot commodity, expecially for a contending team : is a unique kind of player for his skills, if used in limited minutes (is very difficult to take away the ball from him, can shoot from 3' and he can create his own shot).
    Nobody, nor the Bulls, have that kind of player.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know anything about Alexandre Paranhos? He went undrafted so I guess he's a restricted free agent. I read an Abbott article about him and he seems pretty damn intriguing. 6'9, 7/3 wingspan, 241 lbs. On tape it looks like he can shoot threes pretty well, handles maybe a little iffy and everything else RAWWW. But that physique... Could be a project, which is perfect given the minutes our backup SF looks to get this year.

Last edited by benstanfield; 07-10-2013 at 02:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd rather take a flier on andrew goudelock than resign gary neal. theyre the same size but goudelock can take people off the dribble too, while being a sniper himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno I submitted a FA thread for Josh Childress, did you get the notification?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno I submitted a FA thread for Josh Childress, did you get the notification?
    Sorry, I didn't saw it. It's good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks waive Stevenson n wood look good in SnB
    Last edited by td4mvp2k; 08-03-2013 at 04:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's ancient history now, but some might be interested to know:

"Casspi also received interest the San Antonio Spurs, Memphis Grizzlies and Washington Wizards in free agency." [sic]

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...o-Join-Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's ancient history now, but some might be interested to know:

"Casspi also received interest the San Antonio Spurs, Memphis Grizzlies and Washington Wizards in free agency." [sic]

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...o-Join-Rockets
    it's nice to know they tried.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information