Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    Shogun is fighting on heart and guts more than anything else these days. His skills are clearly in decline and his cardio appears to be just getting worse..
    Sure looks like it, that's to bad he's only 30.

He still looks pretty good to me. Shogun is never going to look as good as he did in Pride, simply because of the rule changes.

Post Count
    Sure looks like it, that's to bad he's only 30.
    I was curious to see how he was going to look since this was his first fight back after the Hendo war.

Shogun will be around another few years no matter what because these Brazilian MMA legends just have immeasurable heart and determination. Most people would have thought Wandy and Nog would have been out of the game by now. But Shoguns best days are clearly behind him and at best we can just hope for a few more exciting fights from him.

Post Count
    He still looks pretty good to me. Shogun is never going to look as good as he did in Pride, simply because of the rule changes.
    Rule changes is a minor issue IMO

Injuries/Surgeries, he's had like 4 knee operations.
    Hard fought Wars, Jones and Hendo beat the living out of him.

He's just slowing down but fighting on with his heart..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Shogun is washed up. He says he will do better next time but it never will happen.

This card was awesome. And on free card, Dana could not expect more.
    Can UFC improve more? It's seems like Dana wants to have markets like India, China and Brazil and check Russia as well. But IMO that's too much. Too much events and too much stuff to watch.
    You need to keep quality somehow, and to spread UFC all over the world makes it a tougher to do.

btw. Since Silva frontKOed Belford there are much more fighters using this kick. The same happend after Jones did a damage with his elbows standing up.
    Long time ago I was wondering why there are not that many elbows esp. close to the cage. Now somebody needs to show the effectivness of the move so the other can follow

Thread Information