Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jazz of the 90's or the Mavs now?

I always thought I could not hate any team more than the Jazz until I loved here to Dallas in 99 and the Mavs became relevant. For me, hands down, its the Mavs. The funeral march these past few days have been great up here in North Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, but between the two options presented the 90's Jazz. Easily. The Spurs just couldn't beat that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jazz of the 90's. Not only did they treat us like we treated the Suns the past decade, but Stockton and Malone were dirty as . Damn I cringe every time I see a video of Malone's elbow to Thomas. The Mavs, I could respect, except the nut-buster Terry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90's Jazz, easily.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90's Jazz by a mile. Whatever headaches the Mavs have caused in recent years they all came after the rings that established the Spurs as one of the big boys in the league. 2006 was as dramatic as any playoff loss, but certainly not as disheartening as those losses to Sloan, Stockton, and The Statutory Rapist. Those 90s losses to the Jazz were always the toughest sandwich to eat, at the time each one seemed to eternally relegate the Spurs to "not ready for prime time" status.

If you can look past some the douchier elements of the Mavs there's a pretty good story there: they built around a superstar they drafted, they were a long suffering franchise that was due for some success, and on his good days Mark Cuban is still a breath of fresh air as an owner.

There was nothing redeeming looking back at those Jazz teams. Really any respect or admiration I have for Sloan's coaching abilities came in the post Malone years when he kept some fairly terrible rosters in playoff contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. 90s Jazz
    2. Lakers of any era -- past and future

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you hated the Showtime Lakers even though the Spurs were still nobodies then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you hated the Showtime Lakers even though the Spurs were still nobodies then?
    "When you talk about Phil and Pat, they went to big-market cities where everybody wants to go, there's tremendous amount of money and support of going and getting any guy you want. And the teams were already, for the most part, halfway decent.

"Not all situations are the Lakers, Chicago, Miami, New York."

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no hate in me....just pity for the other teams in the playoffs, since they have to wait another year for a le and my Spurs get their 5th, the greedy bas s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *cough* The Fakers.

... Oh, and The Grizzlies, of course (their pathetic-lame asses are still too fresh in my mind).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JAZZ

I was a young basketball fan back then and I remember crying once when they beat the Admiral! I'll never forget that !!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trust me, I HATED the Jazz with every fiber of my being...until I moved to Dallas and had to live amongst these basketball bandwagoners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate the Mavs. I only hate Cuban and Terry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I enjoyed seeing Jason Terry getting swept out the playoffs!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you add Stockton's smurky comments at the HOF induction, "Karl Malone is the best PF to ever play the game!" after D Rob had given props to TD!

The hate inside me is brewing right now! I hope we sweep those cats tonite! I kinda felt sorry for them at first!! Screw that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of the two you mentioned, I'd probably have to go with Dallas, too, BTW. Their bandwagon fans 'were' (are they still fans now, lmao??) simply the most obnoxious I've seen... constantly bragging about their one little ring. I fully understand that everyone's gotta' 'start sometime', but please just STFU about your "Mavs Dynasty" and gimme' a en' break already!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. 90s Jazz
    This. Except that I'd limit my Lakers hatred to the 00's version. Any hatred of the prior Lakers' teams would be purely reflected hatred. I was in my 20's in the 90's, and I suffered through each of the Spurs' losses at the hands of the evil, dirty, hated Stockton and Malone.

I've never really developed a proper hatred of the Mavs. Maybe it's a personal failing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of the two you mentioned, I'd probably have to go with Dallas, too, BTW. Their bandwagon fans 'were' (are they still fans now, lmao??) simply the most obnoxious I've seen... constantly bragging about their one little ring. I fully understand that everyone's gotta' 'start sometime', but please just STFU about your "Mavs Dynasty" and gimme' a en' break already!
    Trust me, they were obnoxious before they won their 1 le. I still don't get it to this day

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you add Stockton's smurky comments at the HOF induction, "Karl Malone is the best PF to ever play the game!" after D Rob had given props to TD!

The hate inside me is brewing right now! I hope we sweep those cats tonite! I kinda felt sorry for them at first!! Screw that!
    Give into your hate. HAHAHAHAHA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trust me, they were obnoxious before they won their 1 le. I still don't get it to this day

I just Thank God that I had fully changed my mind about moving to The DFW area a long time ago. I'd be stabbing people left and right, I swear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. 90s Jazz
    Me too but switched!!

I don't hate the Mavs. I only hate Cuban and Terry
    ^^ This!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs now are almost hard to hate. More of pity. To get swept one year after winning the le. It's like every accomplishment is followed by failure. Of course, I wouldn't put the latest fiasco on the team. It was Cuban that chose to let go of key players with the nonsensical idea that he could win it all just because he had Dirk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to hate the Jazz, but over the last 13 years our domination of the Jazz has me respecting what they used to be. I still like Stockton and consider him one of the greatest point guards (as does everyone). I still can't like Malone, though. Not only was he a tool on the court, he was just as bad off the court.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jazz. malone is the biggest to have ever played the game, stockton has a stupid haircut, and hornacek has a stupid face.

Thread Information