Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Email TimVP at [email protected]!)

I was reading the scouting report on ESPN by John Carroll of Scouts Inc. and he blatanly ripped TimVP's posts!

One of the biggest problems for the Spurs in this series will be their ability to defend the smaller perimeter players of the L.A. Clippers. Besides Tony Parker the Spurs struggle to defend on the perimeter. Chris Paul, Eric Bledsoe, Randy Foye, and Mo Williams are extremely quick and talented scorers.
    Perhaps the biggest weakness of San Antonio's defense is the ability to defend small guards. Outside of Tony Parker, there's no one on the team who is above average at defending such players. More bluntly, everyone else is either bad or really bad at defending small guards. Unfortunately, the Clippers have four small guards who can play in Chris Paul, Eric Bledsoe, Mo Williams and Randy Foye.
    Bledsoe and Williams will cause problems for the Spurs bench players such as Gary Neal who is a defensive liability and Manu Ginobili. Ginobili is an aggressive defender especially against players with size and strength but he will struggle to defend the speed of the Clipper guards.
    When Parker is on the bench, Gary Neal is going to be a major defensive liability no matter who he's defending. Manu Ginobili has done a much better job defending size than speed this season. In this series, Ginobili is going to be forced to defend smaller, quicker players who can score. If you've been following along this season, you know that's not a good thing.
    Popovich will be forced to utilize Patty Mills in this series in order to help limit the effectiveness of the Clipper guards, especially those that come off the bench.
    Mills is far from a great defender but his skillset on that end could be useful against the Clippers. He can pressure the basketball and guard against speed, two traits that could be in high demand. If Neal can't hang on offense or defense, Mills will be the next in line. Personally, I think he's going to get a shot at some point. Let's hope he's ready.
    The pace of the game will be an important factor in this series. The Spurs want to get out and run for easy baskets. They like to create early opportunities for themselves that they can exploit. The problem for the Spurs in this series is that the Clippers are the slowest paced team still left in the playoffs. Chris Paul has the ability to control the pace of games and not allow the Spurs to play up and down.
    Not only do the Spurs run for easy buckets, they run to create mismatches that they can then exploit in their early-offense sets. The bad news is that the Clippers are going to splash some cold water on that strategy. Not only are they the slowest paced team still alive in the playoffs, Paul is without question the game's best player at controlling the pace of games.
    During the regular season the Clippers averaged 91.8 possessions per game. In order to defeat the Grizzlies the Clippers slowed the pace down even more, with less than 90 possessions per game. The Spurs on the other hand averaged 95.1 possessions in the first round of the playoffs versus the Jazz. However, they will struggle to speed up the pace of the game with Chris Paul in the game.
    In the regular season, the Clippers played at a pace of 91.8 possessions per game. To beat the Grizzlies, they dropped that number to under 90. The Spurs, conversely, averaged 95.1 possessions per game and they've played at the league's fastest pace so far in the playoffs. However, it's going to be next to impossible to speed up this series with Paul at the helm of the Clippers.
    The Spurs have lost only one time since late February when they had at least 95 possessions in a game, so it is imperative that the Clippers slow the pace of each and every game in this series.
    And that's unfortunate because the Spurs have lost only one time since Feb. 22 in games that have had at least 95 possessions.
    Almost every time the Spurs took the court this season they had an advantage with their team’s depth. They can put ten players on the court and not worry about a letdown of production. However the Clippers are the one team that match the Spurs depth and in a series where the Clippers are coming in banged up and somewhat fatigued it will be extremely important that their bench delivers. The Clippers have ten players that they can throw on the court who can contribute. This was extremely obvious in their Game 7 against Memphis on Sunday when along with Chris Paul, Eric Bledsoe, Mo Williams, Nick Young, Reggie Evans and Kenyon Martin won the game for the Clippers in the fourth quarter.
    Against almost every team in the NBA, the Spurs have a decided advantage when it comes to depth; San Antonio rolls ten deep and there's nary a letdown when the bench unit is on the court. Keyword: Almost. The Clippers very well could be the only exception to that statement still alive in the championship race. They too have ten players who can contribute on a nightly basis. In Game 7 against the Grizzlies, their bench of Eric Bledsoe, Mo Williams, Nick Young, Reggie Evans and Kenyon Martin basically won the game by playing remarkably well down the stretch.
    The Clippers have a closer and his name is Chris Paul. In the playoffs it is imperative that a team have a player with the skills to make plays in the fourth quarter and down the stretch of games. Chris Paul is one of the most dangerous closers in the game because he can beat opponents with his shot or a pass.
    There's a lot of talk about who the best closer is in the NBA. While there are a lot of great players in this league who step up in money time, I think Paul is the most dangerous all-around threat late in the game. He steps up under pressure and can beat you with a shot or a pass.
    Paul is a fourth quarter player. His produces more in the fourth quarter than any other 12 minutes of the game. Chris Paul is fourth in the NBA in clutch scoring averaging 4.0 points per game in the clutch.
    The stats agree: in the clutch, Paul averaged more than 40 points and eight assists per 48 minutes. He was also far more productive in fourth quarters than any other quarter. In a close playoff game, he's not a guy you want to see on the opposing team, to say the least.
    And there's more........i just got tired of copying and pastinggg

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nbascouts/post?id=1081

Original posts by TimVPs
    http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197027
    http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197069
    http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197097
    Last edited by obijuan; 05-15-2012 at 05:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Should I send ESPN a cease and desist letter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy

I've always respected LJ's threads and analysis but I never thought ESPN would cop them..

btw another example of a great find by a gnsf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy should lose his job!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a tool!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rofl holy crap that's almost verbatim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol thats ing bull !!get him timvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp's pen name is John Carroll on ESPN. Now we know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOW, the similarities are uncanny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? That's ridiculous...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plagiarism, intellectual property, copyright, blah, blah, blah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp should work for espn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    espn
    making people pay for "insider" to read timvp's analysis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy should lose his job!
    Well, at a minimum, he should give a big piece of his paycheck to LJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

trendsetter/sets trends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WoW.
    Last edited by timvp; 05-15-2012 at 04:46 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Someone is going to get banned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we just revoke ESPN's rights for the NBA, and just make NBA exclusive on TNT?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sue em, if you cant afford the legal case, u can always sell SR

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats incredible... that should give LJ that guy's job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the laws in regards to intellectual rights to stuff posted on a free online forum?

Can the material posted be fair game to plagiarize?

I refuse to act with common decency Jayem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe timvp copied him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what his sn is..

Thread Information