My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just will take a better team built exactly like the more dominant, deeper and experienced Spurs to thrash them in the next round as erratic/enigmatic teams like LAL and/or the owner destroyed Mavs have gagged several games to the talented but still unproven Thunder?

Yet SAS fans are supposed to fear the over-hyped Thunder who somehow are still 6-0 in the playoffs.

They are unbeaten so far despite poor ball movement and too much perimeter shooting, questionable coaching, and questionable decision making and have won two games with bounces on the last shot by Durant (and game winners both could just as easily come out)

They seem to have no true scorers off the bench outside of Harden who will not be able to flog into the lane vs. Jackson or Leonard with such impunity and the Spurs will confuse the heck of of Westbrook and body up to Durant, while Duncan if he continues to hit from the outside will negate the shotblocking of Ibaka and the over-hyped Perkins.

By the way, Mr. Kevin Durant you made a very clutch shot down the stretch but were really bailed out by the "beardman" (Harden) and your last soft airball intentionally missed FT looked Splitteresque and was so pathetic it could have ultimetely cost the game - even after the epic fail that was LAL tonight. As the pride of Montrose Christian HS (down the street from me near Bethesda, MD) you should at least be able to hit the rim or close, LOL on that one.
    Last edited by Rummpd; 05-17-2012 at 01:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, yes they are very beatable.. and they have been very lucky squeaking out wins..

The Mavs choked at least one of the games and today the Lakers choked another one..

They're a jump shooting team, the Lakers offense and the Mavs offense have been weak, and they haven't made them pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're one of the most overrated teams of my lifetime. They won't win a le with Westbrook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are such a different team than the Lakers that I can't take anything from that series, good or bad.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was as big a choke job as we will ever see. The Lakers slowed the game down, turned OKC into a bad jump shooting team, and then promptly gave the game away.

Look at the last two minutes of that game. Unbelievably stupid errors by both teams. Crunch time was a stumbling, bumbling comedy. And it was not because the defenses stepped up, they were bad for both teams as well at the end.

I will attribute part of this tragic comedy to the coaching, and to players on both teams that have no trust in teammates. That was some very bad basketball imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any team that is 6-0 in the playoffs is pretty formidable no matter what opposition they've played against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Mavs fan you know the Mavs had a game or two in the bag and were also playing 5 on 8 at times with the zebras. Thunder are 6-0 but could just as easily be 4-2 or worse.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thunder looking really good. some is luck but the team is maintaining its poise late in the game, playing fantastic defense, and still having some dangerous offensive options. spurs will have to demoralize the thunder early at home and hold onto the lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thunder looking really good. some is luck but the team is maintaining its poise late in the game, playing fantastic defense, and still having some dangerous offensive options. spurs will have to demoralize the thunder early at home and hold onto the lead.

Fail = lucky bounces on two Durant shots, leaving a man wide open, and still won with tons of nebulous calls - only the last part might save the Thunder. Any smart, experienced or tough minded team would have won the game vs. the Thunder last night but last night the LAL simply failed in those aspects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs in 5 over Thunder

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder shoot too many jumpshots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC is simply incapable of scoring in the half-court. Literally every single time down the floor, they are only able to put up points on the board either because of a fastbreak or a set play. Otherwise, they're shooting a pull-up jumpshot off the dribble with a hand in their face.

Too bad our system isn't exactly built to slow down the pace anymore.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job tonight, Joey.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job tonight, Joey.
    Gotta thank him, actually...he's helping to extend that series. We want OKC to win the series, but not to sweep. 6 or 7 games, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder are pretty good but they have squeaked out a few wins in the playoffs. For a young team a loss last night is a good thing; bit of a wakeup call to show you aren't as perfect as your playoff record.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your team will handle OKC in 6 games IMO. They have some glaring weaknesses. If it wasn't for that massive chokejob Lakers would be up right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree okc is lucky to lead a bad lal team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any smart, experienced or tough minded team would have won the game vs. the Thunder last night but last night the LAL simply failed in those aspects.
    Well, maybe someday the Lakers will field a team with some playoff experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder are pretty good but they have squeaked out a few wins in the playoffs. For a young team a loss last night is a good thing; bit of a wakeup call to show you aren't as perfect as your playoff record.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After KD Westbrick and Harden, who do they have? Spurs would be an amoebaO eating OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thunder are going to be the toughest

be intersting game thunder and lakers tonight
    I think thunder by 20 but we shall see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much turnovers, too much shots missed, stupid fouls yesterday. At least OKC lacks experience.

Thread Information