Page 174 of 210 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5243
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to distract from 90,000,000 head of cattle with 31,000 bison.
    Bison herd is headed toward 500,000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasn't shut down. they removed the people causing distractions and let everybody back in

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that what's going to happen?
    That's the goal. Lot's of obstacles, namely cattle ranchers. Should become easier when cows are illegal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There are approximately 31,000 total bison in 68 conservation herds (herds managed in the public interest by governments and environmental organizations) in North America.

https://www.iucnredlist.org/species/...863#population

Feel free to post your 500,000 number that you want to use to distract from 90,000,000.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are approximately 31,000 total bison in 68 conservation herds (herds managed in the public interest by governments and environmental organizations) in North America.

https://www.iucnredlist.org/species/...863#population

Feel free to post your 500,000 number that you want to use to distract from 90,000,000.
    Read the bolded part more carefully

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the goal. Lot's of obstacles, namely cattle ranchers. Should become easier when cows are illegal.
    the goal is to replace 90 million cattle with 10s of millions of bison?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Read the bolded part more carefully
    Post your 500,000 citation you want to use to distract from 90,000,000.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Or is this the 360,000 that are already being raised for meat?

Is that what you want to use to distract from 90,000,000?

Or is there a quip you're holding back?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post your 500,000 citation you want to use to distract from 90,000,000.
    Stop trying to distract from how nature can distinguish a natural fart from a man caused fart.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the goal is to replace 90 million cattle with 10s of millions of bison?
    The goal is to restore the natural bison herd

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stop trying to distract from how nature can distinguish a natural fart from a man caused fart.
    That's the quip?

Jesus. Darrin-level.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The goal is to restore the natural bison herd
    And still no link.

What are you accomplishing just making things up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Watson's career emerged through his work for conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones."

K.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was never the claim.

we have 90 million cattle due to farming. that's a purely artificial increase in the number of cows.

perhaps i should have assumed that you'd try to just make snarky quips and said "naturally occurring levels of cattle/bison population" or "levels of bison/cattle population independent of livestock farming"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Watson's career emerged through his work for conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones."

K.
    i agree, but tbh you also like banana man and peanut butter man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are an estimated 1 billion cows on the planet.
    https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html

Pavlov was off by a factor of 11.

FWTW. One billion cows each with four stomachs, and consuming trillions of pounds of feed per year, and in the end less than 1% of all the calories put into these cows will be used to produce food for humans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And all that methane from permafrost melt -- it's from vegetation that predates the industrial revolution. It's like the earth's climate changed or something. No vehicles required.
    What made the permafrost melt?
    [ignores question, answers other poster]
    What made the permafrost melt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we need to kill off all the farting herbivores or just the cows?

Where on the pyramid would you place your response here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we have 90 million cattle due to farming. that's a purely artificial increase in the number of cows.

perhaps i should have assumed that you'd try to just make snarky quips and said "naturally occurring levels of cattle/bison population" or "levels of bison/cattle population independent of livestock farming"
    I would simply point to the le of the thread at this point. You should assume that pseudoscientific arguments will be the norm.

The beginning of this thread in 2010- 2015 or so were desperate attempts by Darrins/WC to prove "no warming" in various flawed ways. More data keeps piling up showing warming.

Then it became a conspiracy theory. "They are doing it for the money/power", with "they" being climate scientists, as if a trillion dollar fossil fuel industry wouldn't fight tooth and nail to show its product wasn't harmful, but greedy scientists were fooling everybody.

Now... it isn't even that. It is just mockery. Thornberg, farting cows, Gore, anything to distract.

The only good thing is that as we move into more and more and more billion dollar + weather events, such as never before seen rain events on the Texas coast where the rain is measured in FEET, the kinds of denial will get harder to do, and plainer to see who is paying for it.

Kids aren't stupid, and if you want to tie your political party to a virulently anti-science movement, that will have a cost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We don't have naturally occurring populations of really any ruminants. This is what I'm asking you. After we kill all the cows do we let these populations return to natural levels? There's going to be a lot of open grasslands so what do we do?

I'll admit that I'm pleased to see "Stop cow farts and become vegans" turning into a legit battle cry from your side but you shouldn't be so illusive when people ask "then what?".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone in this video, both sides and the police, are huge pussies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have naturally occurring populations of really any ruminants. This is what I'm asking you. After we kill all the cows do we let these populations return to natural levels? There's going to be a lot of open grasslands so what do we do?

I'll admit that I'm pleased to see "Stop cow farts and become vegans" turning into a legit battle cry from your side but you shouldn't be so illusive when people ask "then what?".
    Europe bucks global deforestation trend
    Around the world, forests are shrinking due to deforestation, urban development and climate change, but in Europe that trend has been reversed.

Large areas of the continent have seen a forest boom that means today more than two-fifths of Europe is tree-covered. Between 1990 and 2015, the area covered by forests and woodlands increased by 90,000 square kilometres - an area roughly the size of Portugal.
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...e-environment/

Simply let the forests grow back over the grasslands used for grazing and cattle raising. (hint: Where do trees get their mass from?)

Cows are one part of the equation. We have to do a lot of things at once, not the least of which is trimming CO2 from industrial processes, as well as transportation.

All of which can be done with large scale renewables, such as eliminating the bessemer process in steel production for an anodic/diodic one, similar to how aluminum is processed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree, but tbh you also like banana man and peanut butter man
    Can't argue with science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

K.
    see: ad hominem on RandomGay's chart

Thread Information